April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried a sample of this and didn't love it or hate. I just didn't really care for it. The actual tube of this primer is quite expensive and I don't know if it's just me but I didn't really notice a difference with or without this on. All my life I never wore primers before my face makeup/eye makeup. And i don't think I really will as I don't see the point.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Se7enR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in sample size that came with the Naked Palette a year ago but for some reason I have never used it until a couple of months ago. And guess what? Now I cannot stop using it! It's a great product and a little goes a long way so the sample size is going to last me a long time.

My eyeshadow pops on top of this primer, last from 7am till 8pm and never creases! I recently got another sample size that came with UD Smoked Palette so YAY to that! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by belizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product. I actually only have a sample size that came with some other urban decay products but I had wanted to try it for months before. I was a little questionable with just purchasing it because of the price & I wasn't sure if I should believe all the good reviews but now that I have it I don't think I could ever go back! I used the ELF shadow primer before trying this one and the difference is amazing! I don't think I could ever go back to a cheaper brand when it comes to this. I was shocked how good it worked & made my shadow not only last all day but never crease! I would be open to trying another prestige brand of primer if the price was a little cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love this eye shadow primer.
I have been using this product since 2008
amazing I buy the shimmery one because its so nice on its own I sometimes use it as my eye shadow! But as a primer it's amazing last all day long & easy to clean off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this stuff was okay. I originally bought the full sized version and actually wasn't crazy about it because I thought it was a bit too "slippery" feeling. However, i got another mini tube with one of the Naked Palettes and it grew on me. After trying other primers, I appreciated how light in texture it was. I DO prefer something a little thicker for a lot of looks though so I tend to turn to other primers I have then reaching for this one first. I don't care for the wand aspect on the full sized, a little goes a long way because it is so light weight and I like the mini tube. I think for the price, I probably wouldn't buy it again, at least full sized. If it comes in another Urban Decay gift set, then awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
Okay, here's my biggest concern about this product. With the way it's packaged (old or new), I feel like there's always going to be some product left over no matter what. I would loooove for UD to come out with like a pot-based or squeeze tube version of this WITHOUT the brush, since most of us use our fingers to blend it out anyways.

Price:
I got mine from Hautelook and I had to pay shipping so that's why I gave it 2 stars. Other than that, it would be either 1 star or 3 depending where you get it. I know that they sell a bunch of the old packaging ones at Nordstrom Rack for $10 or else, and it's practically the same as the new one.

Pros:
-Keeps your shadow in place all day!

Cons:
-Can be pricey
-Packaging can be better

Texture:
Looks creamy but blends out very smoothly. Sets fast so don't wait to blend it.

Smell:
None

Comments/impressions:
Notice how I didn't put anything about the actual product in the cons section. That's because I love it so much! This is seriously my HG primer. Not only does it keep my shadow in place, but also my liner! I like to distribute the product onto my lids and use the empty brush to get it onto my lash line. I find that when I do winged liners, it stays better. Besides the packaging, I have no complaints about the product itself. Simple as that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I only recently began using eyeshadow primers, and before trying this one the only other one I've ever used is E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. Clearly the cost is different, but I am absolutely amazed at the difference. I felt originally eyeshadow primer was a bit gimmicky, another product to purchase and slap on my face. But I cannot believe how much this actually works! Upon returning home from work (having done my makeup more than 10 hours beforehand), I looked as though I had just done my eye makeup! I am officially converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Most economic product ever, I have owned one tube of it for about a year and a half. Not only do my eyeshadows last literally all day (If I wanted them to last 4 days, they probably would! not saying you should do this) but I have soooo much more left. When you do the math on the price, it doesn't even cost me pennies to apply this to my eyes every day.
It also prevents product from falling into my eyes throughout the day thus cutting back on my eye irritation/watery-ness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kristenthemascarajunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this primer and Sin, which is a shimmery champagne version of this one. Overall, I find that I use the original far more often. I like that it adds no color to my eyes, it just evens out the color of my veiny eyelids. I think that it does a great job of improving the staying power of my eyeshadow. I am a high school student, so I have to apply my makeup pretty early in the morning. With this primer underneath it, my eyeshadow will last from when I wake up (6:30 AM) to when I get home from cheer practice (7:00 PM). However, if you aren't willing to buy this product based on its high price, the ELF eyelid primer (which only costs $1!) works almost as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Jazellebby

This stuff was clumpy when i bought it what a waste of money.