October 26, 2014 | 1171 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by heyitscaty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So like many of the consumers, I was very curious about Lush's solid shampoos and decided to get Seanik, since it was recommended to me by a Sale's Assistant there when I told her that my hair was a bit oily but not excessively.
This product claims to add shine and volume to your hair. It smells very ocean-y. Salty. I really like it! After a few uses it starts to smell a tad bit fishy though, because of the seaweed. But don't worry, the smell doesn't stay in your hair.
On my first wash, I was a bit unimpressed: After washing, the ends of my hair felt a bit rough, but nothing a good conditioner can't solve. The top of my head, however, felt squeaky clean, therefore I can tell you that this shampoo is VERY clarifying. So it's probably not a good idea to use it every time you wash your hair, I imagine that it will be quite drying. Use it only when you feel like your hair needs a very deep cleanse.
I let my hair airdry and it didn't do much in the volume department, whatsoever. My natural waves were still there. However my roots were pretty flat like they normally are.
On my second wash, I decided to blowdry my hair. I was very impressed with the amazing volume, shine and softness that it had given my hair. Only downside is that somehow my hair became straight and didn't have its natural waves.
All in all, I love the concept of this product and it will be of much use when I need a thorough cleanse, but I would not bring this travelling whatsoever because it would make my hair very dry. Using the product at this rate (aprox. once a week), I feel like it will last me a long time as my go-to clarifying shampoo, but I am not sure if I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided I would try out one of LUSH's solid shampoos just for fun, and I'm actually really glad I did. I talked to one of the people who works at LUSH and she told me that Seanik would probably be the best for my hair. When I used it the first time I thought it was super cool it only took a few strokes over your hair to get an awesome lather. Seanik makes my hair feel extremely clean, but it also doesn't detangle hair, so if you're someone with hair that gets tangled easily I would suggest using a conditioner afterwards to get out those tangles. The smell is nice, fresh and clean, and when my hair dries its beautiful! I have some natural waves and I think that Seanik really helps bring them out more, and my hair is also quite voluminous after it dries. This is a great product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I used this a few years ago, and just picked up another bar about a month ago. Now I remember why I used to love this stuff so much! It makes my hair so shiny and voluminous. I don't even have to use conditioner with this if I don't want to. It foams up so easily and although I've had it for a month, the size isn't any smaller than when I purchased it. I have a Karma Komba to use after this one's gone, but then I'll be repurchasing Seanik (:

EDIT: I found that this really dries my hair. There are a ton of sulfate in it, which normally doesn't bother me, but this shampoo doesn't have enough moisturizers in it to combat the dryness of the sulfates. It caused my ends to look a ratty mess. I actually threw it out which is something I NEVER do since I refuse to waste products. This just stripped my hair too much and even caused my color to look gross. I actually had to cut my hair to chin length to get it healthy again after the damage of this shampoo. Never again! I'll stick with Cibu for my hair care needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seanik is an excellent clarifying shampoo that is great at getting rid of build-up on the hair. It's also good at giving some body and does seem to lighten the hair a bit. In very humid climates this would work great but in dry climates I think this shampoo would be too drying, although excellent at removing build-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 ($10.95 CAN)

Packaging: 2 (there is practically no packaging...)

Buy again: yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 year old asian, medium/long dark brown, fine, straight hair. Oily scalp, usually requires daily washing.

I actually love all the solid shampoos I've tried (New!, jumping juniper, and now Seanik). They all provide a really good, thorough clean, and are less harmful to my hair that regular shampoos. I found that with regular shampoos my hair just felt so stripped and was getting thinner due to all the chemicals in them. With LUSH solid shampoos my hair seems to be regaining its strength and thickness. I still shed a lot when I wash my hair, but I'm now able to wash my hair every other day, whereas I couldn't do that before.

Seanik claims to give you voluminous, shiny hair with its seaweed, lemon oil, and jasmine oil formula. I can't really smell this shampoo once its been rinse off, which is a shame, because it is a very pretty smelling shampoo. Seanik does what it claims -- gives me volume and shine, but all the solid shampoos do, so I'm not sure what else is different. I do like the idea of the seaweed in it though, as seaweed is supposed to be nourishing and full of vitamins and nutrients... though I suppose if its getting rinsed off, it doesn't matter.

As with all solid shampoos, they can leave your hair a little dry and frizzy, so I always use Jungle solid conditioner with it.

Overall it's quite good and I would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by StephMarie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product from lush:)
the girl at the store recommended this to me because it has seaweed in to strengthen your hair as I had alot of split ends and I thought this would prevent them.

I use this along with my lush jungle solid conditioner bar and this makes my hair so soft and volumised although when I use this then blowdry my hair it makes it super frizzy whereas when I let my hair dry naturally it is the total opposite smooth, sleek and shiny.
I love the smell and the fact that its supposed to last 80-100 washes, I have used this for two weeks and the bars barley got any smaller.
also it lathers up so well, I just rub some on my hands like soap and rub it towards my roots and middle of my hair.
I will definatley be repurchasing this when I eventually run out:)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this solid shampoo because it seems like such a cool idea to be more eco-friendly by reducing plastic waste. I also read that will help to soften the hair and give it more body. Sad to say, this shampoo bar did neither for my hair and instead dried it out really badly. When I read the ingredients I finally understood why - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is one of the first ingredients of this solid shampoo. I have been using sulfate-free shampoos for more than 2 years already, and going back to it even for one wash proves how harsh SLS is for my hair. I really wanted to love this, but sadly I will just give this away or keep it as a reminder as to why I should just stay away from SLS shampoos.
For those still interested in this product: The shampoo lathers very, very easily and produced abundant bubbles just from swiping it a few times on wet hair. Keep it on a draining soap dish outside of the bathroom and let dry it out in between uses to prolong the life of the solid shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by AndMac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product. Typical LUSH product, no big bits to break off and leave in the hair. I have chin length, baby-fine 'Nordic' hair, dark brunette though, not blonde and really straight. It leaves my hair super-soft. You don't really need a conditioner if softness is your aim.

I've worked out the most economical way to use LUSH bars. Previously I would take them in the shower, get the bar wet, it would stick to the surface I put it on, etc etc. Around a fifth of the bar was lost, I reckon by washing off as it got wet and sticking to the tin.

My new method:
Comb your hair well. No tangles. Wet hair before you get in the shower, keep the bar dry. Dry hands. Pick up bar. Sweep the dry bar down your wet hair from roots to tip, side, back, side. Put the bar aside to dry out, wet surface uppermost.
Before you step in the shower work up a lather with more water on your hair, Don't tangle your hair, wash it as if it was a piece of precious cloth, working the lather through it. There won't be much lather but there will be enough. When all hair has been cleansed, rinse off the lather. This will take a few seconds and very little water.
If you need to, use a separate conditioner, but why not try no conditioner or a leave in conditioner.
I estimate I can get more than eighty washes out of the bar using this method. It is super-economical.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cete

I am a repeat purchaser of LUSH shampoo bars. Been trying to eradicate plastic packaging from my bathroom, and decided to try them out a while ago. Seanik and Squeaky Green are absolutely great, I was so pleased I made the switch. When I travel I put them in the little tin you can buy. They last forever. I have cropped hair, and one bar will last me 4 months. My hair feels and smells great. Try them; if they suit your hair, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by der08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It is a bit pricey for me, so I buy the stuff when I feel like spurlging a little. It volumizes like no other & keeps your hair feeling so healthy & maintained. They say 4 swipes will do. . but heck I like my hair lathered!!