December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first high end brush and also first stippling brush.. and all i can say is that I love this brush! I use it to apply liquid foundation and find that it does give me a better finish (blurring out the look of pores) than the ELF foundation brush that I have been using, I find that the brush is too big for bluff some areas such as the corners of the nose. I do notice that it does shed on my face as im using it (i just recently got it so maybe it would stop after a couple more uses?)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bcvshygirl

This is a really versatile brush. I've used it for foundations, powders, and pigmented blushes. However, it's not the best for cream products because it's not really stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have had the 187 brush for years and it serves a lot of purposes. One of the things its great at doing is applying products that are very bright or pigmented very lightly. I love MAC Fever blush but I apply it with the 187 because it applies is sheerly. It makes products look very translucent on the skin because it applies products lightly yet blends them out very well.
I recommend this blush or one like it for any makeup brush kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hannahbanana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush , it works for applying foundation , bronzer and powder ! its multi use and great quality would recommend it !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing multipurpose brush! I love this tool for applying liquid and cream foundations, as it gives an airbrushed look. It's also great for applying highly pigmented products. I highly recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by longzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Dc8420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Life changing brush. I use this to apply my mac studio fix fluid foundation and it gives a flawless look and i think it makes my pores appear smaller

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this brush! Its one of the bestest brushes I've ever purchased. I use everyday, for my foundation - its great for applying liquid foundation such as Mac Studio Fix Fluid, makes application quick and does not make foundation look cakey and it has that airbrush finish to it. I actually prefer this instead of a foundation brush as it does not require much effort to blend. The brush is expensive however, if taken care of properly can last several years - I've had mine since 2009, I still use it and its now 2013! A great buy as it can be used on other things such as applying blushers or even loose powders.

The only downside of the brush is a slight shedding but I guess that is something that happens with make up brushes. I highly recommend this brush specially for beginners!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

Gives flawless application. Only if clean & dry. If the brush is already used, it will look streaky. It's a huge hassle cleaning it every night & here's a problem you've heard definitely more than once about this brush, it sheds like #%*#$@ crazy. People suggested that washing the brush would help prevent the shedding but it doesn't help at all. I don't recommend getting this brush. Especially at the price it's at..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a great brush for applying liquid and powder foundations, especially if you are aiming for a light coverage. As the bristles are quite long and not so dense it makes it easy to control the amount of product you use.
What I like about this brush is that it doesn't pride a lot of coverage which I am not e fan of, especially on a daily basis. My foundations are weightless liquid ones (MAC Face & Body, MUFE Face & Body). So first I get some product onto my hand then dip the brush in and dot the foundation all over, then I work it thoroughly with 187 and get an airbrushed finish.
The can also be used for applying cream blushes unless you have very small cheek area.
I didn't have shedding issues. Will serve you a long time.