December 21, 2014 | 1551 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not quite as awesome as I was expecting, but still very nice. I have the color fair, but I still feel as if it is too yellow for my skin. It kind of gives me a fake tan look! But if I use a setting powder on top than I am fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is genius! It took me some time to actually purchase this powder due to lack of convincing..
Balance N Brighten is the first powder foundation I have ever experienced that didn't need some sort of liquid before or after (primer/setting spray) to make it look natural/clean and none powdery. BNB is AMAZING! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this part of a LG set, with a light blusher cheek lighlighter, eyeshadow and this. not used baked stuff before, didnt really use the B & B powder much when i got it, but randomly started to try it and was shocked how good my skin looked. looks like it dont do much in the packaging, but even a subtle brush over your face makes such a difference. totally balances my uneven pigmentation. gives a nice soft focus fresh glow to my face. I've used this over a light foundation and i just sets makeup in place, also my powder blusher goes on even more smoothly. i have oily t zone and so far its coverage and matteness is better then the load of mineral powder makeup ive spend my money on!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by sherruff5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation with awesome coverage. I use medium in the winter and tan for summer.
I use a primer before applying the powder and it lasts 8-10hours without touching up. It feels so light on but coverage is excellent.
I have sensitive skin and no issues.
Absolutely love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an alternative to my MAC MSFN setting powder because the MSFN was beginning to make me look a little bit too dewy throughout the day if that makes sense. I still love it though and use it for going out but I wanted something I could use for every day that was long wearing, wouldn't oxidize, and was "matte but not flat".

Enter Laura Geller Balance n Brighten! I'm NC30-7 and tried on Regular/Medium in Ulta and it was a match for me. I also have neutral/leaning towards yellow undertones. For reference, I have normal/combo skin that tends to get a little bit more oily in the summer. I think it's important to note that I don't use this as a foundation though I know it's touted as one. I use it as a setting powder and it works WONDERS..exactly what I was looking for.

Price is around 33-5$ and packaging gives you half a mirror which I don't care too much about because I never touch up my make up. Give this a try if you're looking for a great setting powder! Alone, I don't see how this would give an adequate amount of coverage. Finely milled, lots of product, and equal if not better than a MAC product.

EDIT 8/24: this didn't last all day for me. i moved onto sephora microsmooth as a setting powder and it's cheaper as well as longer lasting!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely am obsessed with this. it is perfect for girls like myself who don't need much coverage and like that luminous glow without being sparkly. The consistency of this is like spreading powdered butter on your face! Ha. So smooth. I have freckles which tend to make my face look a little darker then my neck and body, so I go with the fair rather than the porcelain. If I were to cover up my freckles with white powder id look like a ghost. The fair is the perfect combination to even out my skin tone and keep my skin breathing and looking natural while adding a flawless glow. Better than any mineral foundation I've ever tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kaww34

I am a huge LG fan and it all started with the balance n brighten. I use it in fair. It covers everything and blends well, but it feels like I have no makeup on when I am finished. I love that feeling, especially in the hot summer. But I wear this product on a daily basis and I continue to be impressed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Laura Geller purchase. To be honest, with product names like, "Spackle", I just didn't feel like I wanted to purchase items that made me feel like I had it caked on! Lol. But, after feeling like I tend to go the matte route too much and am starting to age myself by doing so, I did some research and decided to try this. I started by putting it over a tinted moisturizer and loved it.....then on a lazy day, just used it with some concealer. Loved it. Was shocked that a powder alone could give me enough finish but it does. I will note that I use Arbonne makeup primer and the Sephora Mineral Powder brush #45 for application. I think the brush, especially, is key.

Anyway, now I'm considering the L.G. Real Deal Concealer after reading reviews here. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mec

I was so excited to try this but really disappointed. It is so dusty, the powder does nothing for my complexion but look chalky. I never reach for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Emily Noel on yt has never let me down, this is one of the only products where I have to disagree with her. This gives absolutely NO coverage. What this does deliver is a beautiful natural amp-ed up skin tone. For pale girls that use a bronzer (not to contour) but to get 'some color' while still looking like their not trying; not the fake tan from vacation but really the- this is the color I'm born with look, this is the product for you. I have noticed Emily always use a darker foundation (liquid & powder) with a generous amount of bronzer all over the face to achieve this look, so I can see why this is a win win favorite product of hers. For me, I was looking for some color yes, but more importantly something I can use on top of moisturizer/sunscreen on lighter better-looking skin days. And in this sense I can NEVER use this powder; it must be used in conjunction with a light concealer/tinted moisturizer. I tried it on my bare skin & all my imperfection stood out just the same, it just darkened the overall background that's all. I have seen Physician Formula sell many similar (not baked, but multi-color) powders that can give the same results with just as easy application for 1/3 of the price. So this is a return for me.