July 22, 2014 | 1236 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an alternative to my MAC MSFN setting powder because the MSFN was beginning to make me look a little bit too dewy throughout the day if that makes sense. I still love it though and use it for going out but I wanted something I could use for every day that was long wearing, wouldn't oxidize, and was "matte but not flat".

Enter Laura Geller Balance n Brighten! I'm NC30-7 and tried on Regular/Medium in Ulta and it was a match for me. I also have neutral/leaning towards yellow undertones. For reference, I have normal/combo skin that tends to get a little bit more oily in the summer. I think it's important to note that I don't use this as a foundation though I know it's touted as one. I use it as a setting powder and it works WONDERS..exactly what I was looking for.

Price is around 33-5$ and packaging gives you half a mirror which I don't care too much about because I never touch up my make up. Give this a try if you're looking for a great setting powder! Alone, I don't see how this would give an adequate amount of coverage. Finely milled, lots of product, and equal if not better than a MAC product.

EDIT 8/24: this didn't last all day for me. i moved onto sephora microsmooth as a setting powder and it's cheaper as well as longer lasting!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely am obsessed with this. it is perfect for girls like myself who don't need much coverage and like that luminous glow without being sparkly. The consistency of this is like spreading powdered butter on your face! Ha. So smooth. I have freckles which tend to make my face look a little darker then my neck and body, so I go with the fair rather than the porcelain. If I were to cover up my freckles with white powder id look like a ghost. The fair is the perfect combination to even out my skin tone and keep my skin breathing and looking natural while adding a flawless glow. Better than any mineral foundation I've ever tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kaww34

I am a huge LG fan and it all started with the balance n brighten. I use it in fair. It covers everything and blends well, but it feels like I have no makeup on when I am finished. I love that feeling, especially in the hot summer. But I wear this product on a daily basis and I continue to be impressed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Laura Geller purchase. To be honest, with product names like, "Spackle", I just didn't feel like I wanted to purchase items that made me feel like I had it caked on! Lol. But, after feeling like I tend to go the matte route too much and am starting to age myself by doing so, I did some research and decided to try this. I started by putting it over a tinted moisturizer and loved it.....then on a lazy day, just used it with some concealer. Loved it. Was shocked that a powder alone could give me enough finish but it does. I will note that I use Arbonne makeup primer and the Sephora Mineral Powder brush #45 for application. I think the brush, especially, is key.

Anyway, now I'm considering the L.G. Real Deal Concealer after reading reviews here. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mec

I was so excited to try this but really disappointed. It is so dusty, the powder does nothing for my complexion but look chalky. I never reach for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Emily Noel on yt has never let me down, this is one of the only products where I have to disagree with her. This gives absolutely NO coverage. What this does deliver is a beautiful natural amp-ed up skin tone. For pale girls that use a bronzer (not to contour) but to get 'some color' while still looking like their not trying; not the fake tan from vacation but really the- this is the color I'm born with look, this is the product for you. I have noticed Emily always use a darker foundation (liquid & powder) with a generous amount of bronzer all over the face to achieve this look, so I can see why this is a win win favorite product of hers. For me, I was looking for some color yes, but more importantly something I can use on top of moisturizer/sunscreen on lighter better-looking skin days. And in this sense I can NEVER use this powder; it must be used in conjunction with a light concealer/tinted moisturizer. I tried it on my bare skin & all my imperfection stood out just the same, it just darkened the overall background that's all. I have seen Physician Formula sell many similar (not baked, but multi-color) powders that can give the same results with just as easy application for 1/3 of the price. So this is a return for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by brittany7033

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It evens out my skin without looking like I have anything on. I can just lightly brush it all over my face and run out the door. It gives just enough coverage and makes my face look fresh, bright and flawless. When I want a little more coverage I put a Tarte tinted moisturizer on the lightly brush this over it. It gives it a little more to cling to and looks beautiful. I get so many compliments when I wear this powder. In pictures my skin is beautfiul and glowing. I couldn't be happier.`

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love! So far my fav powder. I have this in the lighter shade and use it daily. For a light natural look I apply over TM. It has enough coverage to even out skin tones and cover spots without looking cakey. I also use it over foundation as a setting powder and may touch up once a day if I'm going out after work. There is a lot of product in the compact and a little goes a long way. My only complaint is that I prefer to apply with a brush, which makes this powder something I keep at home instead of throwing in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by VitaminLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in medium from the Toast on the town kit. I vary from a NC25-NC-35 (I tan) and like every kit this is in a medium. I agree with other people the color tone does change a little as you use it because of the swirls. I use it with the spackle and its a great powder foundation. Comming from severe acne to now at a light-medium break out, this does a wonderful job covering up most of my scars that i have. I also have oily skin and this deosnt slide off my face. This has lasted me quite awhile, because i change my foundation a lot, and im usually a liquid girl but when I need a matte finish, and a tanner look minus the sparkly bronzer i grab this. When I need a fuller coverage I use a sponge (and I hate sponges) but when i use this as a regular powder on a liquid foundation i use my MAC 187 (it did stain my brush but its a MAC lite so i dont really mind) overall for the price i would buy it again and im suprised i liked it so much because im 18 and i figured LG was a "older" brand lol but it is quite expensive but it lasted me 6 months so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by anabelbalt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination to normal skin, fair with freckels.
After watching a youtube review about a few Laura Galler items I knew I wanted to try this product very bad. I was able to get my hands on this until 3-4 days ago and could not be happier.
The good:
1. Looks so natural yet so flawless. Deff.. gives your makeup a final fabulous touch.
2. It has a shine to it but it is very minimal, looks like you are glowing within.
3. It really balances things out, I use color correctors because of my dark brown spots, occasional redness, and even under eye circles and before I started using this product I could kind of see, specially under natural light, the areas I decided to color correct even before my foundation and had a sort of uneven look when it comes to color. I apply this even after my loose hd powder and can really see a difference.
4. When I feel like giving my face a day off from heavy make up all I have to do is apply this and it gives you very decent coverage with the same glow and polished finish.
The 'not' so good:
1. All I can see so far is that it may not be as favorable for people with super fair skin(although I believe they have this in 'fair') as for people who's skin color is more on the med skin color.
2. People with lots of freckels (my case), once you have concealed or color corrected your brown spots and setted this with powder,I can see that they kind of pop up again to be more visible after applying this. What I do is after applying balance n brighten I go back with a yellow corrector powder and go over my freckeled areas which is under my eyes around my cheek area and nose!

I will be buying this again!