Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 12/17/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love pressed powder foundations. MAC StudioFix has been my stand by for years, and I love it, but sometimes want something a little more glowy. I loved MSFN but my skin reacted badly to it (most likely the bismuth) I found the B&B based on reviews on MUA and YouTube and decided to give it a shot. I really like it, it gives a nice glowy finish and hasn't been a problem for my skin at all. The only drawback is there aren't a lot of colors. I have the medium, which is slightly dark for me (NC20) but the fair shade is a little too light. I wish there was a shade in between. Still, I like it and would repurchase for sure.

on 12/13/2012 8:14:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. I bought this because I had heard so many wonderful things about it. I wanted a powder that would give me a nice natural glowing look without looking cakey in the daytime. Unfortunately this was not the product for me. I used it by itself but it didn't give me enough coverage. I also tried this on top of a few different foundations and every time I put this on top of any foundation I ended up with a cakey mess on my face after a couple of hours, especially on my nose. It may be just me but I also noticed it left my brushes with a waxy/greasy feeling which I kind of felt on my face too after having it on for a few hours. The search continues for me...

on 11/10/2012 12:26:00 AM

I have given this product more tries than i can count, however, it just doesn't work for me. Not sure why but the Laura Mercier loose powder or the MAC MSF work much better to give me a nice coverage and blend together my bronzer and blush. Just found that the Balance and Brighten does't do much form me.

on 11/2/2012 2:18:00 PM

Not quite as awesome as I was expecting, but still very nice. I have the color fair, but I still feel as if it is too yellow for my skin. It kind of gives me a fake tan look! But if I use a setting powder on top than I am fine.

on 10/1/2012 10:06:00 AM

This product is genius! It took me some time to actually purchase this powder due to lack of convincing..
Balance N Brighten is the first powder foundation I have ever experienced that didn't need some sort of liquid before or after (primer/setting spray) to make it look natural/clean and none powdery. BNB is AMAZING! I love it!

i got this part of a LG set, with a light blusher cheek lighlighter, eyeshadow and this. not used baked stuff before, didnt really use the B & B powder much when i got it, but randomly started to try it and was shocked how good my skin looked. looks like it dont do much in the packaging, but even a subtle brush over your face makes such a difference. totally balances my uneven pigmentation. gives a nice soft focus fresh glow to my face. I've used this over a light foundation and i just sets makeup in place, also my powder blusher goes on even more smoothly. i have oily t zone and so far its coverage and matteness is better then the load of mineral powder makeup ive spend my money on!

on 9/3/2012 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Best foundation with awesome coverage. I use medium in the winter and tan for summer.
I use a primer before applying the powder and it lasts 8-10hours without touching up. It feels so light on but coverage is excellent.
I have sensitive skin and no issues.
Absolutely love this product

on 8/14/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for an alternative to my MAC MSFN setting powder because the MSFN was beginning to make me look a little bit too dewy throughout the day if that makes sense. I still love it though and use it for going out but I wanted something I could use for every day that was long wearing, wouldn't oxidize, and was "matte but not flat".

Enter Laura Geller Balance n Brighten! I'm NC30-7 and tried on Regular/Medium in Ulta and it was a match for me. I also have neutral/leaning towards yellow undertones. For reference, I have normal/combo skin that tends to get a little bit more oily in the summer. I think it's important to note that I don't use this as a foundation though I know it's touted as one. I use it as a setting powder and it works WONDERS..exactly what I was looking for.

Price is around 33-5$ and packaging gives you half a mirror which I don't care too much about because I never touch up my make up. Give this a try if you're looking for a great setting powder! Alone, I don't see how this would give an adequate amount of coverage. Finely milled, lots of product, and equal if not better than a MAC product.

EDIT 8/24: this didn't last all day for me. i moved onto sephora microsmooth as a setting powder and it's cheaper as well as longer lasting!

on 8/13/2012 7:53:00 PM

I absolutely am obsessed with this. it is perfect for girls like myself who don't need much coverage and like that luminous glow without being sparkly. The consistency of this is like spreading powdered butter on your face! Ha. So smooth. I have freckles which tend to make my face look a little darker then my neck and body, so I go with the fair rather than the porcelain. If I were to cover up my freckles with white powder id look like a ghost. The fair is the perfect combination to even out my skin tone and keep my skin breathing and looking natural while adding a flawless glow. Better than any mineral foundation I've ever tried.

on 7/31/2012 8:55:00 PM

I am a huge LG fan and it all started with the balance n brighten. I use it in fair. It covers everything and blends well, but it feels like I have no makeup on when I am finished. I love that feeling, especially in the hot summer. But I wear this product on a daily basis and I continue to be impressed!