Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As a person with annoyingly oily skin, this product has become my holy grail moisturizer. I used to be one of those people that skipped the moisturizing step because I thought that would cut down on facial oil (and boy, was I wrong), but then one of the employees at the Clinique counter gave me a sample of this stuff and WOW. It's AMAZING. It isn't goopy like most moisturizers I've tried and doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. It feels nice, light, and refreshing, yet still does a very good job at moisturizing. I've found that it also makes a pretty good primer underneath liquid foundation, because it smoothes out the skin right after you apply it. Not what it's advertised for, but hey, if you can find another use for a product, why not? I've used this morning and night for nearly five years now and have never had any kinds of problems as far as break outs go. It's super gentle and has a nice, mild smell. The ONLY cons to this product are that it's relatively expensive (around $21 for 4.2 oz) and the packaging makes it difficult to get out once the product gets down to the bottom. But other than that? This product is amazing, and if you have oily skin and you're looking for a moisturizer, I would definitely recommend this!

Despite the steep price, this moisturizer is totally worth it for skin that is slightly oilier than normal. I used to find that I would typically start to get shiny around the early afternoon, but with this gel, I don't have to blot as much over the course of the day. I've been using this for about 5 years, and I've never felt like it's caused breakouts or issues with my skin. It's light-weight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly, and goes well under makeup. Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this since it was for oily skin. This gel caused my skin to feel tight and created extra lines on my face. My skin did not become dry but it wasn't moisturized since the product just kind of sat on my skin. It caused my skin to get extra oily as well. My skin is slightly oily on it's own, not a big deal, but this product made my skin look oily enough as if I'd been sweating all day. Stopped using this after a week and returned it. This made me sad because I like that it had a pump, was fragrance free and the price is a good deal for the large amount of product you get. Clinique needs to go back to the drawing board on this and the + lotion. Perhaps return to the original lotion recipe?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this the past year or two and I really liked it. It's hydrating, but just a tad bit too greasy for my oily skin. Didn't really soothe my redness and it's not the best under makeup, but good enough to get by. Fragrance free so that's a plus for sensitive skin. Fair price for a good amount. Will repurchase if I can't find anything better.

I got this gel in a sample kit for type 3 skin. Didn't want to even use it at all as I always used very heavy cream and thought gel can not moisturize my skin enough. Although I have very oily T-zone my cheeks, neck and hair line are very dry. Well I gave a shot and was amazed! My skin feels very silky after applying and it soaks up in seconds! All my creams are in a bin now and this gel is the only moisturizer I've been using ever since!!

The only cons are it leaves my skin very dewy on my T-zone, I mean far to much, looks like layer of oil althought when I touch my skin I do not feel any there at all. Due to this I have to use a mattifier after the gel.

Also it's shame only the big package comes in the package with pump, I wish the smaller had the pump too rather than a normal tube package. But that's me being picky :)

In overall I give this product 4 lippies, one down cos of the too dewy finish (especially cos the gel is meant to be for oily/combo skin I would expect to get a full matt finish).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I dislike this because it is expensive but it doesn't moisturize my combination skin. It doesn't do much, except that it feels nice to apply. It isn't a very good base for my makeup either. I passed this along to my friend. I currently use the First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream, which I really like as my morning moisturizer.

This moisturiser is an absolute godsend for oily skin!! Beautifully light, balances out the skin amazingly, I can't imagine not using this moisturiser. I completely trust Clinique as their products are developed by dermatologists! You can really tell with this product.
I read a few other reviews and the bad reviews that I have seen have been by people with more dry skin rather than oily. People who are considering buying this product should know that it's specifically for those with more oilier skin-no wonder those with drier skin don't like it, it's not meant for them!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought that when I reached this stage in life (on the cusp of turning 50), my skin would be parched dry and I would need heavy creams. I'm definitely wrong on that as I still have normal/oily combo skin that cannot tolerate creams and my skin prefers gel formulas.
I didn't really care for the original Dramatically Different Moisturizer and I found that too greasy for my skin.
I decided to try the new gel formula and it's my favourite daytime moisturizer underneath sunscreen. It's lightweight and feels great on my skin and no break outs.
The pump container is great too.
I recommend this moisturizer if you have oily or normal/oily skin, but definitely do a patch test first.

EDIT to add: I've downgraded this review to 2.5 lipsticks. It seems that this moisturizer makes my skin look dehydrated. It's best for very oily skin types.

i used this till it ran out with no skin problems, but i won't buy it again because it's pointlessly expensive.

This is pure silicon goop. I have combination to oily skin and I hated this product. I bought the mini size to try it out. So glad I didn't shell out my money on the pump bottle. This useless product is not cheap.
Like what is the purpose of this? It doesn't moisturize and it doesn't mattify.
If you have perfectly perfect skin and you just need to slather something on your face for the heck of it, then you might want to try it. But if you want to see an improvement in your skin, don't waste your money!