April 23, 2014 | 1872 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is amazing for oily skin. It has a wonderful matte feeling when applied, and provides moisture without creating an oil slick.

It's unscented which should be commonplace with any face products in my opinion. Has no offensive odor to it, which some companies try to mask with fragrances. It's also quite gentle for sensitive skin.

One 125ml bottle with twice daily use lasts at least 6 months for me. Which makes it quite affordable. Obviously it's more than a drugstore moisturizer, but I feel as though it is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jamie222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gel felt so light , you would not think it can clog pores. To reviewer Teriyaki 25, Rated 1-2 for pore clogging is not really going to clog your pores. But stay away if it is rated 3-5. The clinique moisturizing gel has Laureth-23 rated 3 and Laureth 4 rated 5 . I think these two ingredients are the culprit for your clog pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily.

I had hopes for this moisturizer since a lot of people seemed to like it. However, this product did not work for me. One of the first five ingredients in this moisturizer is BUTYLENE GLYCOL. Paula, the "Cosmetic Cop" calls it a good ingredient and I found several sites listing the comodogenicity (causes acne) with a rate of 1 (1 - very unlikely to cause acne and 5 - stay far away from this product). Unfortunately, this made me breakout small pimples all over my face.

Also, in case you're cautious with silicone in your skincare and cosmetics, DIMETHICONE is the fourth ingredient with a comedogenic rating of 1. Although, I don't think my skin reacted negatively with this ingredient since I use a Revlon face primer that has this ingredient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this moisturizer! It is perfect for my dry, sensitive, yet acne prone skin. The pump dispenses enough that you can layer how much you need and it's impossible to apply too much. It dries so fast, never greasy, never shiny. I use this everyday and a bottle can last me a year so the price is no issue. I prefer this to the Dramatically Different Lotion which I used in the past (really like it, but the gel is my favorite).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good, lightweight moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin. It did not break me out, it just lightly hydrated my dehydrated skin. It's a very simple moisturizer that's perfect for sensitive/finicky skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin for about 9 years. although I've tried other brands (estee lauder, body shop, avene, etc) I continuously return to this.

- the lightweight gel is fast absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, not shiny

- this oil-free formulation acts as a good "primer" before makeup

- suitable for all skin types and age ranges (started using it at 18, still using it at 27, my mom who's 65 have also used it for the past 10 years, after switching from DDML)
- soothes my sometimes tight, sensitive, irritated skin

- a good "carrier" for other treatments, ointments or serums e.g. if my skin is quite acne prone, i'll mix in 2 drops of tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. if my skin is dry, i'll mix in 2 drops of vit e oil. if my skin is lackluster, i'll mix in a pump of vit c serum. just mix it on the back of my hand and apply as usual. the effects are awesome!

I would be bitterly upset if Clinique stopped producing this. its really good. definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or small tube.

side note - I've struggled with cystic acne in my teens and Clinique's 3 step system has really helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one product from Clinique I have purchased over and over again. It provides gentle hydration for my combo skin, without being greasy or heavy. It also acts as a good primer for my foundations. I have used various hydraters and moisturizers from other lines that are geared to combo skin types and I always come back to this product. I hope Clinique doesn't change the product formulation or discontinue this fantastic lightweight moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I got it as a sample and used it all and it's one of the better moisturizer I've used.
I love that it doesn't leave your skin oily, and it just makes it really soft and clear.

I just ordered some off of Ulta. I will update at it goes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this gel, but I don't think I'd buy it again. It softens the skin, but I don't think it's "feeding" my skin. I think it's just a very basic moisturizer for oily skin (which I have), but I think I'm going to stick with my "natural" products like Dr. Hauschka, Rosa Y Frutta, Alba Botanica, and Geremy Rose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Oohkodachrome

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this since I am a huge Clinique fan but this product just didn't do it for me. I have combination skin (oily t-zone; dry cheeks) and this did nothing! It made my t-zone 10x more oily! Very greasy feeling. Too bad because I liked how it felt on my cheeks (leaves them soft) but terrible on my t-zone and this was only putting the minimum on.