Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 4/6/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 years now and it is absolutely my Holy Grail! My skintype is quite normalish, but dehydrated and very sensitive and acne prone. I've been looking for the one moisturizer for years and I've found it in this product.
DDMG sinks right into the skin, it's lightweight, hydrates my skin well enough all throughout the year, doesn't irritate my skin or cause any patches, it doesn't clog my pores, and it's spreads like a dream. I also looove the packaging with the pump and it lasts me about 6 months (cca 3 pumps each time twice a day). Ever since I've strarted washing my face with very cold water only, spraying Avene thermal water right after washing and applying DDMG on slightly damp face my skin has seriously gotten SO MUCH BETTER.
The only downside is the price but honestly - who cares for such an amazing product? I will keep and keep using this forever.

on 4/5/2015 11:07:00 PM

I liked this at first..it was good. it left my combo skin feeling plump and soft..this gel didn't leave a sticky after feel, which iv tried other gels that do that. I will not repurchase this bc after several uses its like the goodness that it does wares off and this actually started breaking me out...I think it was clogging my pores. I notice if I switch off w something else and then come back to it its ok but then I have to switch off again before it breaks me out again. like said will not repurchase because its not a stable product for me.

on 4/3/2015 8:58:00 AM

I have combo, acne prone skin. Usually after I wash my face, my T-zone will feel squeaky clean, but my checks and other areas will feel tight and dry.

After applying toner (currently using Clinique clarifying lotion 4), I put the gel on all over my face, and it leaves my face hydrated. I don't get break out from it, and it helped to improve my skin.

Personally, I think the gel formula is best suited for those people with combo or oily skin. Its light and does its job (given the fact that your face is not the dry type). I love this product. I use to wake up with oily face because I don't know how to use the moisturizer for my type of skin. But with this baby, I wake up with fresh face, no oil and smooth skin.

on 3/30/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had read lots about this moisturiser and thought I would give it a go especially after a friend had used it for years. When I put it on it felt nice and my skin did not break out but after a day or two of using my skin felt dry and there was nothing else on my face other than my regular cleanser that I had used before.

I am not sure if I would call this a dramatically different moisturiser but its OK perhaps for someone who has normal skin or a younger skin and it did nothing dramatic to mine making it rather average which is why I have not given it a high rating.

on 3/30/2015 10:31:00 PM

I like how refreshing this moisturizer feels. It really sinks into my combo skin quickly. It keeps my skin moisturized in the right places all day, perfect for spring/summer. My makeup applies well over this too.

For the price, and the fact there is no sunscreen I don't think I'd repurchase though. It also doesn't seem to help my acne scarring or redness around my cheeks - not the purpose I know, but I have had better success in these areas with drugstore brands. I can see this being a good starter moisturizer when your a teen, but as you have more problems and are looking for sunscreen etc. it doesn't offer much.

on 3/30/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very moisturizing. If you have dry skin, go ahead and try it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The ladies at the Clinique counter gave me this as part of the three step system treatment aimed for dry/combination skin. I have very oily skin...
That being said, I grew out of liking this moisturizer very quickly.
I thought this was an okay product; it didn't make my skin get itchy or irritated. But after trying out other moisturizers I just noticed it was too heavy on my skin. I would get zits regularly while using this and my pores would get clogged and expand their size.
I have been using lightweight snail filtrate gel moisturizers from Korea for a while now and my skin has never been better. Acne scars disappear quickly and I don't get pimples at all (unless it's that time of the month). I have learned if you suffer from oily skin you have to be careful not to cover your pores with mineral oil based products, because the sebum will build up inside the pores and pimples will arise. Mineral oil is the primary ingredient in this moisturizer...
The smallest bottle costs $15. It is not cheap and I would say not revolutionary at all.
I get my gel moisturizers for a cheaper price and my skin has never been better.

on 3/29/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to for years. I have combo skin but more on the oily side and this has never let me down. I don't know why I left it, but I came right back to using it this fall. It's not heavy at all and sinks right into your skin really quick. You don't need that much either and it's a great price for such a great product from a line like Clinique. I like that it's in pump form since it is more hygienic. It works really well under makeup or sunscreen. Those with dry skin might need to mix it with an.oil or try a different moisturizer. It's a staple for people with combo or oily skin, especially in the summer. I will repurchase more once I run out, but the large one lasts me a long time. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it has no SPF. If this had SPF then it would be a PERFECT HG.

on 3/26/2015 10:25:00 PM

A non-nonsense water/gel moisturiser that imparts nothing but hydration (as opposed to oil) + barrier seal. Brilliant for dehydrated oily-skin people. When your skin is hydrated, it doesn't need to produce as much oil. It's also great for oily-normal combo people who prefer to wear a separate sunscreen on top. This moisturiser is light, gives a big dose of hydration that the sunscreen lotion doesn't, and you won't feel like you're weighting your skin down with double moisturisation. Unlike other oil-free gel moisturisers on the market, this isn't scented and so is good for sensitive skin.

Normal or dry skinned people need to look elsewhere, or mix oils with this moisturiser.

on 3/19/2015 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice basic moisturizer! doesn't cause any breakouts and sinks right in without leaving face shiny or sticky! I use it as a serum before sun protection but it won't be moisturizing enough for really dry or dehydrated skin.
A good basic for oily skins like mine.

Popular Moisturizers