September 23, 2014 | 987 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Over the last 3 years I have been through two 1.7 oz. tubes and one large 4.2 oz. bottle of DDMG, and I do like it, it does work very well for my skin in terms of moisturizing and not causing breakouts on my oily/combination skin, but- and this is a big one- it's not great enough for me to purchase anymore. It's a good, very basic, moisturizer for oily skin, but that's it. The lack of scent was a plus, and I love the gel-cream texture, but at nearly 30 years old I feel like my skin should have more on it's side than just a simple gel. It's time to branch out, but I give my gratitude and thanks all the same. Would not repurchase unless I was absolutely desperate and had no other options.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

I bought the formula for oily/combo skin and I don't really like it. This winter Ontario had a crazy cold winter and this moisturizer did not do its job! My t-zone was flaky and that's not a cute look. I wish I didn't buy thus because it was around $40 but I saw that it had such good reviews. Now I just use it before make-up after I use another moisturizer. I would never use this after a shower or bath because it failed me before.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $29 at a Duty Free in Houston during a layover -- this was a huge bonus because living in Canada, it's closer to $40 after tax. I've been looking for an HG moisturizer for quite some time and I've finally found it! This gel absorbs into the skin very nicely, but retains the moisture well. I also mix about half a pump with my foundation which keeps my face moisturized throughout the whole day. I also appreciate the packaging. The pump makes life so much easier. Such a great product. This will definitely be a permanent staple in my bathroom cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. It is worth the extra change when buying this moisturizer. I have oily and acne prone skin, and this moisturizer gave me absolutely no problems. First it immediately absorbs into my skin. It does not feel heavy or greasy, as many products make my skin feel. It instantly absorbs into my skin and feels and looks matte, no shine. My skin always feels moisturized and hydrated, never greasy. It might seem a little price, but it is definitely cheaper than some of their other products and is definitely worth the money to have as your primary moisturizer. I give it an A+.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this product. Mostly good, but some iffy. First of all, i have fairly oily skin but i guess i would be considered combination because the oil is confined to my T-zone, while my chin and skin around my mouth is pretty dry. I read reviews about this product first and decided to go to the store and buy some. I was pleasantly surprised when i got there that they have 3 different types of this moisturizer. Very dry/dry; Combination; Very oily/oily. Looking back i probably should have gone with the middle, combination one, but i was more concerned about my T-zone so i went with the oily one. That night i went about my skincare routine, i cleansed and toned and then i applied this moisturizer. The things i liked about this product are; Its very light. I much prefer gel moisturizer than thick cream moisturizer. The smell is fresh and almost non existent which i really like, it absorbed quickly and actually left my T-zone pretty matte, It comes in a pump that has a lid; much more sanitary than a jar moisturizer, you don't need a lot at all, its fairly expensive but 1 pump easily does your entire face so it will last awhile for sure, and it didn't leave me greasy or sticky at all, its actually quite refreshing.
The only downside i found is it didn't help my patchy dry spots around my mouth at all. And honestly, maybe if i had got the middle version, it would have helped more as it would have more moisturizer in it. But not even 5 minutes after i had applied it, my dry spots were flaking again. I had to put more on and when i woke up this morning it was still very dry.
All in all i do like this moisturizer and i will finish it, but maybe next time i will try the middle version and see if that helps a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by melissalynn3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks, and I love it! I apply it after I wash my face in the morning, and at nighttime. I have been searching for a moisturizer that doesn't make my face look greasy; and now I've found it!! I have oily skin, and this moisturizing gel hasn't made me breakout. I will definitely be using this product for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so glad when clinique came out with this gel version. Its so fresh and light hydrating and no strong fragrances, hypoallergenic, doesn't burn my sensitive acne prone dry skin. Not chock full of antioxidants but I have a serum for that purpose. Just an all around great moisture gel to hydrate and replenish your skin. Highly recommended from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by CoconutOwl

I love love this moisturizer because it is fragrance free and very moisturizing on oily/combination skin type. A soft gel like texture gets absorbed into skin very fast and feels fresh and non greasy. sooo after staying outdoor for 4-5 hrs in the winter time the face stays fairly hydrated. I'm surprised the bottle last pretty long too, one pump is good for entire face. I would recommend to you guys , but always check the ingredient before purchase to make sure whether the skintype is suitable !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this tiny bottle for $20. I don't know what it is about this product, but it creates large round bumps under the surface of my skin. They don't hurt and they don't form into acne, they are just bumps (like cystic acne). The combinations of the ingredients for this product does not go well with my skin. I had to throw this out. It took a while for my skin to be free of those bumps!! It drove me nuts to think that my skin reacted so negatively to this moisturizer.

Recommendations:

To all those who are thinking about getting this, look at the ingredients first to make sure you're not allergic to any of them. Also, test it out on a small area of your face, like a spot on your forehead, for a week before applying it all over!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by capolita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have problem skin, oily with lots of whiteheads and occasional acne. I have tried a LOT of products, and this is the one I keep coming back to. have used for two years. it keeps skin hydrated without ever causing breakouts, shine or extra oil. it does not change the quality of your skin unless you've used bad products before, but it keeps you looking refreshed without causing problems. light weight, absorbs quickly, very long lasting and overall an excellent option. I love it! I use it over good serums to combat acne and age.