July 23, 2014 | 1161 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very effective product. The oil dries out very quickly, but does not dry out the cuticles (unlike a rubbish product by OPI I have used previously). When used constantly it makes a massive difference to the cuticles: leaves them moisturised and in great condition. I can use it during the day and before I go to bed - it does not leave any oily residue. 4 lippies due to the price (outrageous!) and the difficulty to find it. I bought it on amazon in the end as I struggled to find it. Excellent product.
** Worked very well at the beginning. After a month of use I do not see any results anymore. Cuticles are still dry and it does not make any difference whether I use this oil or not. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

s a consequence of my newfound interest in keeping my hands nicely manicured, and after three months of continuously using nail colour, I looked down at my hands the other day to find the uppermost layers of my nails peeling off. I thought of buying a bottle of OPIís Nail Envy, but decided against it when I read the ingredient list ó although I am no nail professional, I fail to see how formaldehyde in any concentration can fix brittle, peeling nails.
Enter Solar Oil, a mini bottle of which has been kicking around my beauty collection for several years. I received it as part of a nail care kit some time ago, but never knew what to do with it. I donít have cuticle problems, and it wasnít a top coat or base coat, so it lay there, neglected, unopened. After doing some research on how best to repair unhealthy nails (it seems that my particular problem is a symptom of extreme nail dryness), I came across legions of beauty enthusiasts raving about the benefits of Solar Oil. ĒIs that what Iíve got at the very bottom of that drawer, that one where I toss all the beauty products (admittedly, not that many) which failed to keep my interest, or have outgrown their usefulness?Ē

All this to say, that Solar Oil really is that good, if one more positive review is all you need to convince you to try the stuff. I slapped on four coats before my nails seemed adequately hydrated ó they soaked it up like a dry sponge. It smells good for you too, with a sweet almond oil scent and no hint whatever of the typical chemical smell attached to most nail products. The question becomes now, what base coat I should be using, instead of the Zoya Anchor Iíve been applying. Ah, beauty research, my favourite kind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by celinei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil - it has made a huge difference in my cuticles repairing themselves and staying moisturized. I dont like the smell - almonds, but i can get by it for the oil's benefits. Love it way more than others i've tried, esp. OPI's Avoplex.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE. Pure. Love. ! Great scent, not to expensive, doesn't leave a greasy film over nails or cuticles like all other oils.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

Overall this is a nice cuticle oil. I've been using this and California Mango cuticle oil (one on each hand) for about a week and haven't noticed a difference between the two yet. I would consider repurchasing this if I ever ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased with this product. I apply Solar Oil underneath my nails and onto my cuticles about twice a day or so (and after I finish my mani). Usually after I have washed my hands [or after shower]. I think that with oil, it's best to apply after washing hands, since oil is an occlusive moisturizer (meaning it seals in moisture/water that's already present). After applying the oil, I then put on hand cream and let it all soak in. I've read on the Nail Board that for some people, this product has dried out their nails, but I suspect they may have been using this on already dried out nails...Anyway, I have noticed that my nails are stronger and more flexible, even when I am not wearing polish, so that tells me that this Solar Oil is doing its job, so because of that I will use this and will buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by CleverRabbit

Solar Oil is such a crucial element in achieving and maintaining good nails and cuticles.
I love it and swear by it!

It's best used twice a day or more. Preferably once during the day and then just before bed. Ideally: have bottles everywhere! On your bed side, in your bag, in the car, on your desk. Everywhere! Apply it frequently especially after washing your hands. Dab or brush a little onto each cuticle and massage in small circles with the pad of your thumb. This pushes the oil into the skin and the nail benefits from the massage as it stimulates the nail matrix, encouraging healthy nail growth.

I've got more on this and other beauty products on my blog:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by evilkim

First off, I bought this on discount from winners' beauty section so it definitely help in justifying the purchase. I always moisturize my hands with creams/lotions but had never actually applied cuticle oil on a daily basis, only when I get manicures at nail salons. I have very dry hands and I tend to pick or bite at my nails, so I try to keep them painted to stop myself (I still do, once the polish chips). I prefer to get manicures only once every 2-3 weeks so I use the cuticle oil throughout the weeks in between. I'm trying to apply the oil more often now, at least once daily, to maintain my manicures and to prolong/prevent my nail polish from chipping.

I've been using this since summer, although not everyday. I'm not so sure about the long term benefits but I definitely noticed my nails and cuticles are much smoother right after application. I also love that it's light enough I don't leave grease marks on everything I touch. There's still a lot of product left so I will say this is worth the money, especially if you have dry hands and really care about how your nails look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this product on the advice of a nail technician who told me Solar Oil would help keep my newly applied acrylic nails flexible and care for my cuticles as well. I have been unable to grow my nails at all for many many years relying on UV gel enhancements to keep them looking decent. I happened to be in Johannesburg when I visited a nail salon a couple of months ago and it appears UV is a bit of a mistery there, so had to settle for acrylics. Anyway, I got a tiny bottle of the oil and applied it every evening while watching TV. Eventually my natural nails started appearing, the acrylics grew out and I continued to use the oil as I enjoyed the ritual. A few weeks later I noticed that my own nails were growing and not breaking! They had a nice sheen and the tips looked healthy, the cuticles were smooth and I had no hangnails; another irritating problem that disappeared. At some point I had to file them down as they were way too long! I attribute this to regular use of Solar Oil as I made no other changes in diet or lifestyle.

Meanwhile I ran out of the Solar Oil and started using a bottle of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E cuticle oil that I bought ages ago. My cuticles are rough, sore and peeling once again plus my thumb nail broke earlier this evening. Eeek, I am ordering another bottle of SO, right now!!!

Highly recommended :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

*grumbles* (Irrelevant but I hate how I can't undo something in this boxes in MUA, just type a whole review and deleted it by accident. But for this awesome stuff, I shall rewrite!)

This stuff, is pure awesomeness. Let me tell you I've peeling skin for years, YEARS I TELL YOU! I've tried various type of hand creams etc and none of them ever worked for me to get rid of them. Then I've gotten into the nail junk etc and was introduced to cuticle oils. This baby was featured in one of xsparkage's vids and was one of Scrangie's top list or whatever, so I had to try it out. I've tried ChG Orange Cuticle Oil and it worked great, however it never really got rid of my peeling skin on my fingers. This, however got rid of peeling skin and cuticles never looked better! Stopped using it for a few months and peeling skin is back! Used this again and it's gone! Awesome. SolarOil contains natural ingredients, including Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E so that makes it even more awesome. ;D Initially I wasn't a fan of the sweet almond smell, but after a while I got used to it so it wasn't a problem. (: You just have to use a little so a little goes a long way, one bottle last pretty long! However I hate how the oil can lead to the cap so it doesn't close tight. So just be careful not to bring this around in your purse or it might leak! You can use SolarBalm as an alternative for your purse, but SolarBalm and SolarOil is totally different in my opinion.