September 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by RachelCerys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this in 'Paper Dolls'. I was sure it was too dark but it blends nicely into my skin-tone. The coverage is quite heavy but it's fine for winter.
I mostly use a primer with it but it still needs topping up at about midday and the packaging makes it awkward to apply as I feel as though applying the product straight from the 'stick' onto your face isn't hygienic OR easy. Best applied onto a brush, applied to the face and blended with a damp wedge sponge.
My main problem was how badly it made my dry patches show up, I told the makeup artist at Boots I had dry skin when I was asking for help choosing a foundation and she told me to make sure to moisturize properly before using it, so clearly she had no understanding of dry skin problems, as this is quite obviously for normal-to-oily skin.
I don't regret trying this foundation but it's not great and I don't use it often (maybe I will in the Summer when my skin becomes less dry.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by nealie1

have been buying play stick fondation for four years now and up until recently would swear by it as my HG fondation! It gives an absolutely flawless coverage that will cover all blemishes and flaws, whilst still feels velvet to touch, luminously light reflecting and moisturising on the skin. On the down side, It is thick in its texture but not at all cakey. The thickness is probably what causes it to lay on the skin rather thabsorb in, which causes the problem of it being quite slidey i.e. if i brushed my face against a material it would budge, or got sweaty, but stays put otherwise! this is why i will be pursueing a lighter weight foundation sadly. Although i still may not be able to let this one go! Even with buying a new fondation i may still need a dot of this godsend here and there, as you would be amazed with what it can do!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Yasmiiin

Its so good how this gives good coverage and has green tea in it. But i use jumprope and it is a little dark for my skin so whenever i use it i can only use a bit, the lighter shade than this was too light so i just wish that there was a more variety in colours. I think its slightly over priced and slips off easily. :-/

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora today with three things on my shopping list: primer, a new liquid foundation, and new concealer for my extremely dark undereye circles. The Play Stick is what the SA recommended to me as a concealer, but I just wasn't sold on it. The fairest shade worked with my skin tone nicely, and had alright coverage, but it stopped there. Within a few minutes, it settled into crepey fine lines, which is sooooo weird/not okay-- I'm 24, and I don't have wrinkles yet. And I don't want to look like I do! It also looked chalky and dry in natural light, which was probably because layering a creme to powder type stick foundation on top of your normal foundation doesn't always work. The bottom line is that a stick foundation does not equal a concealer. If you're considering the Play Stick for that purpose, don't buy it. If someone tries to sell you the Play Stick for that purpose, don't buy it! My SA was very helpful otherwise, but a $34 dry, chalky stick that doesn't get the job done was not the best recommendation for my specific needs. I ended up getting an MUFE concealer instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant to try this after I was disappointed with a stick foundation in the past. I had tried the Prescriptives Anywhere stick foundation and found it to be very cakey! It looked awful, but I didn't want to give up on stick foundation. I got this in a swap on here, and I love it so much. It's in Jump Rope, which looks dark when swatched on my hand, but it blends into my skin like a dream. I have dry skin, and this does not cake one bit like the Prescriptives stick did. That one actually looked like I was wearing tons of makeup, but this one looks so natural. My skin looks flawless, but not like I'm wearing any makeup at all. This always worked well over top of the Benefit You Rebel for more coverage. The retail price is a bit expensive, but most high end makeup is overpriced.
*I applied this yesterday around 1pm, and it lasted all night until I took it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by zai786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a very good foundation stays on and does not rub off for several hours.
You can build up how much coverage you want and its also not cakey and does look settled on the face.
I have blemished skin and this works great on its own to cover my blemishes and i often touch my face during the day but the foundation stays in place.
I would totally recommend this to anybody that has not got good clear skin like myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by yasminhayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with Benefit because of their packing. I wish they were as good as they look!

Positivies:

1) The play sticks contain tea tree oil, so it is good for spots. My MAC makes my skin suffer (although not as terribly as I was expecting) but the play sticks don't.

2) It covers better than drug store brands...

3) It hides my pores better then MAC does.

Negatives:

1) It melts off my face. It's meant to be long lasting...It was sold to me as long lasting, I put it on around 8 in the morning and by 12 it's slip slided off my face and needs topping up. (It doesn't matter if I have used primer or not)

2) It's expensive in comparision to other pricer brands. You basically pay for the packaging. And the amount you pay for Benefit you might as well/you'd be better off paying for an alternative brand that actually wow you.

3) It doesn't hide my spots, but it does a better job than my Mac. You need to top up the coverage, if I have an angry spot then is like the play stick will cover it 50% as soon as I touch it with concealer/blotting powder then off it slides, and it is as if I hadn't even bothered putting foundation on it in the first place.

4) It doesn't look 'wowable' some foundations I have put on and my friends have looked at me and gone 'wow your skin looks really good today''. This has never happened with the play stick (and my acne is more problematic this year then it was last year which is when I was mostly trying out benefit products)

Finally, there has been so, so many occassions where I have popped to the loo on a break and have looked at my face when wearing the playstick and actually shrieked because it looks awful, despite looking perfect when leaving the house. The foundation literally sinks into everything, all the fine lines, pores and everything else. I can wear primer and still have to fix everything noon time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This had ok coverage but always looked cakey. I tried applying less and using different tools (foundation brush, sponge, hands) and it just seemed to cling to dry spots and not really settle in except into my pores--this product MAGNIFIED THEM! I just never liked how it felt on my face--I have very oily skin and this made me feel oilier after 2 hours, even with primer.

The price is pretty decent for the amount of product you get--a tube of "Spin the Bottle" lasted me almost 6 months! I really like the slim packaging and just used a teeny lipstick brush to get the stuff at the bottom of the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by KatieMarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros
Goes on easy
nice coverage
Cons
Doesn't last.( It looks good for about three hours. Then I start to see dry patches.)
Not enough shades
Not the best with dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jillianh

Ok, so, not an amazing product, but still pretty good in my opinion.
This is one of those products that sat in my make up bag for ages before i tried it out again and realised i liked it.
I was pretty excited for it when I first bought it, as my friend had this MAC foundation stick that gave amazing coverage, and good coverage is what I'm looking for. And creamy foundations usually give really good coverage.
I have the shade called Jax which is the lightest, maybe a tiny bit too light but the next shade was far too dark (so not a great choice of shades).
I really like how creamy it is, i just smooth it on from the stick then blend with my fingers. I get lots of redness and have acne scars but it covered the majority really well. You can still see some marks when close up but overall it is great coverage.
Another good thing is all of the good ingredients which are great for my sensitive skin, and don't break me out. And i break out from foundations alot.
But, the reason why it's been at the bottom of my make up bag for ages, is because it clings to every bit of dry skin there is. I used to use an oil free moisturiser (to prevent breakouts) and it didn't make any difference with this foundation. My nose looked horrible and flaky, something which never happened with other foundations.
Then, I recently discovered Dear John moisturiser, I got a sample of it and decided to try this again, and I loved it! Great coverage without the flakiness!
It was maybe then a bit too dewy for my liking, but a dusting of one of the benefit powders sorts that.
So i recommend, if you have any sign of dry skin, moisturise well! and try out a shade (and see what it looks like in the daylight) before you buy!
So a nice product, the stick lasts reasonably well, although a bit expensive, i will buy again if there is a deal on. The staying power is ok, I still sometimes need a touch up, but it doesnt slide off like some do.