July 31, 2014 | 1782 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Sleek and Shine

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

It smells good and it moisturizes my hair, but it weighs my hair down. Also, the cap broke.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by zumaboo989

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product did not work for me. It didn't make my hair sleek, shiny, or less frizzy. If it did anything for my hair it wasn't enough to make me really notice a difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by prettyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it is one of a few drugstore products that does not test on animals. I got a sale pack with shampoo, conditioner and styling creme. After 1 week of using this product I was so itchy and my back had broken out in a rash. The smell is overpowering and the cap is hard to open if your hands are slippery. I liked the way it cleaned and the conditioner worked nice but even without the allergic reaction it was not enough to make me buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice smelling...but aside from that, this conditioner has NOTHING going for it.

It didn't make my hair sleek or shiny. It also dried out my scalp.

F for fail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

i love this conditioner. i've tried many others but i always come back to this one. this stuff smells great, is inexpensive and works pretty well for the price. it's not the best conditioner out there, but it's definitely one of the better ones. this leaves my hair really smooth and pretty straight. it also doesnt feel thick and heavy so that it'll leave build up in my hair. this stuff is also pretty great for softening my hair but since it's summer and pretty hot, my hair is still a bit dry but that's not something a deep or leave in conditioner can't fix. still love this stuff though!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by pampam31

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this when it's on sale and it works great. It's not amazing but it's still good.

I have very frizzy, curly hair from all the straightening (heat AND chemical-wise) it's had and when I use Garnier my hair always feels soft and smooth. Yeah, it doesn't make my hair dead straight when I'm out of the shower but it does eliminate most of the frizziness.

The price is amazing too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by prettykatemachine

This works very well, and a little goes a long way.
I have thick, wavy and very dry hair, and I like this conditioner better than other drugstore brands- as much as i love expensive hair products i can't afford them all the time- for whipping it back into shape. Watch out for this if you are in a hurry to get ready, though- it takes for.ev.er to rinse out.

The only thing I don't like about Garnier, though, is that their hair products smell like weed. ew. is anyone with me on this?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this conditioner. I do not use it with the matching shampoo, because I have used Garnier shampoos before with the matching conditioner (used the Wonder Waves set) and found that the conditioner performed better with other shampoos than with its match. That all being said, this conditioner seems to be the perfect consistency for my hair, which is medium thickness, naturally wavy, a few inches past my shoulders in length, and really fluffy/frizzy. I shampoo at the beginning of my shower, apply this conditioner, and then leave it on for the remainder of my shower. It does weigh my hair down a bit, but that is what I need for my hair to not be too frizzy. I follow this conditioner up with the Garnier sleek and shine leave-in conditioner (about a quarter's worth) and then blow it dry with a round brush if I want it to be straight, or after the leave-in put a bit of the Garnier surf hair paste in while damp to scrunch, air dry, then a bit more paste once dry to help define the ends. Either way my hair comes out great, full of body, shiny, and not frizzy! I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo every Sunday just to ensure against build-up. So, I never let it get to the point where it might build up, so I cannot attest to whether or not it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this, the sleek and shine shampoo, and sleek and shine leave in conditioner. I love this stuff!!! After shampooing, I put this in my hair, but I wash my hair at the begginning of my shower, so the conditioner is in for like a really long time. I have dry, thick, curly hair that easily frizzes. Before using sleek and shine, id was my hair everday(bad, I know). After washing my hair, like 30 mins later, my hair would be frizzy, and dry. This is probably because all i'd do was shampoo. Nothing else, no other products.I reccommend this to anyone with dry hair. After rinsing this out, my curls look great. Soft, defined, and shiny. My hair is manageable which is hard to achieve. If you're looking for a system that will leave a scent, this isn't it. My hair doesn't really smell like anything, but the look afterwards is so worth it.

******EDIT******
This stuff coats your hair and doesn't prevent frizz. I tkae away 3 stars because its claims are not true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier recently reformulated this product, and the new sleek and shine conditioner has no cones. It seemed to have increased in the amount of palm oil instead. It left my hair much more tamer and softer than the original did. Still has the amazing Garnier smell to it too. I still get a halo of frizz at the crown, but overall it is a good conditioner for my curly hair once in a while when I need to scrimp on cash.