Garnier Sleek and Shine Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

New Formulation 7/2011: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract,Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Yellow 5, Lemon Peel Extract, Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol.

on 8/4/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Just showered with this! I have frizzy, thick, curly hair and this conditioner works really well. It helps tames the frizz, defines my curls, and makes my hair look much healthier than other conditioners. I know it's not meant for curls but it works for me.

on 7/25/2010 10:38:00 PM

I have curly, bleached to platinum, mid-back length hair and this conditioner works good in conjuction with a deep conditioner. I put the deep conditioner on my ends and use Garnier on the length and it keeps the color and curls looking great! Doesn't make my hair yellow or straw-like.

The bottle is hard to squeeze in the shower though because sometimes it can slip out of your hands.

Overall, I think it's a good quality conditioner for not-so-parched hair. (Or parched depending on the other products used) I've repurchased many times. Also, did I mention I use about 1/5 of the bottle per shower? ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It smells good and it moisturizes my hair, but it weighs my hair down. Also, the cap broke.

on 7/3/2010 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product did not work for me. It didn't make my hair sleek, shiny, or less frizzy. If it did anything for my hair it wasn't enough to make me really notice a difference.

on 1/5/2010 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because it is one of a few drugstore products that does not test on animals. I got a sale pack with shampoo, conditioner and styling creme. After 1 week of using this product I was so itchy and my back had broken out in a rash. The smell is overpowering and the cap is hard to open if your hands are slippery. I liked the way it cleaned and the conditioner worked nice but even without the allergic reaction it was not enough to make me buy again.

on 10/5/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Nice smelling...but aside from that, this conditioner has NOTHING going for it.

It didn't make my hair sleek or shiny. It also dried out my scalp.

F for fail.

on 8/20/2009 1:22:00 PM

i love this conditioner. i've tried many others but i always come back to this one. this stuff smells great, is inexpensive and works pretty well for the price. it's not the best conditioner out there, but it's definitely one of the better ones. this leaves my hair really smooth and pretty straight. it also doesnt feel thick and heavy so that it'll leave build up in my hair. this stuff is also pretty great for softening my hair but since it's summer and pretty hot, my hair is still a bit dry but that's not something a deep or leave in conditioner can't fix. still love this stuff though!

on 8/7/2009 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this when it's on sale and it works great. It's not amazing but it's still good.

I have very frizzy, curly hair from all the straightening (heat AND chemical-wise) it's had and when I use Garnier my hair always feels soft and smooth. Yeah, it doesn't make my hair dead straight when I'm out of the shower but it does eliminate most of the frizziness.

The price is amazing too.

This works very well, and a little goes a long way.
I have thick, wavy and very dry hair, and I like this conditioner better than other drugstore brands- as much as i love expensive hair products i can't afford them all the time- for whipping it back into shape. Watch out for this if you are in a hurry to get ready, though- it takes for.ev.er to rinse out.

The only thing I don't like about Garnier, though, is that their hair products smell like weed. ew. is anyone with me on this?

on 8/5/2009 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this conditioner. I do not use it with the matching shampoo, because I have used Garnier shampoos before with the matching conditioner (used the Wonder Waves set) and found that the conditioner performed better with other shampoos than with its match. That all being said, this conditioner seems to be the perfect consistency for my hair, which is medium thickness, naturally wavy, a few inches past my shoulders in length, and really fluffy/frizzy. I shampoo at the beginning of my shower, apply this conditioner, and then leave it on for the remainder of my shower. It does weigh my hair down a bit, but that is what I need for my hair to not be too frizzy. I follow this conditioner up with the Garnier sleek and shine leave-in conditioner (about a quarter's worth) and then blow it dry with a round brush if I want it to be straight, or after the leave-in put a bit of the Garnier surf hair paste in while damp to scrunch, air dry, then a bit more paste once dry to help define the ends. Either way my hair comes out great, full of body, shiny, and not frizzy! I do, however, use a clarifying shampoo every Sunday just to ensure against build-up. So, I never let it get to the point where it might build up, so I cannot attest to whether or not it does.