October 26, 2014 | 1204 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by beverlyt

i have the yellow one for dark under eye circles and this product is completely useless. it doesn't help with my circles AT ALL. this concealer is very drying and doesn't go on smoothly. if you have dry flaky skin, i dont recommend this for you

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

I added this one to my concealer collection in hope of another great stick concealer but I ended up very very disappointed. First off, the product itself dries up my skin so bad that it breaks me out. The pointed tip makes it actually painful to apply to blemishes so you'll have to apply the concealer to a brush or on the finger until the stick has nubbed down, or else applying to any direct blemishes will actually hurt believe it or not. Next, the packaging is very cheap and bad. The plastic clear cap cracked within 2 days of owning the concealer and in the next week, the concealer itself broke and split. It came off the whole plastic packaging and now it's completely worthless. Definitely not a good concealer. Will not be repurchasing. Some better concealers from Maybelline are Age Rewind and Dream Lumi Touch.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by chloemichaela

this was useless. i have dry, acne prone skin and it doesn't cover. It just looks cakey like everyone else says. don't buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pale with dark circles. I have this in fair, and it helps decrease the darkness a little bit. It will settle into wrinkles, but I'm not trying to hide wrinkles; I just want it for the coloring. Speaking of coloring, they have a yellow stick specifically meant to work for dark areas. I don't have that one because I would have to put foundation on top of it. I guess I should buy that one for days I know I'm going to wear foundation. However, for days when I know I'm not going to put on makeup, fair works for me alone.

For light complexions, they have two choices: fair and ivory.
For beige and darker complexions, they have three choices: light, medium, and deep beige.
For redness, they have a green one. Again, maybe I'll buy it for foundation days because I have redness around my nose.
For the price, you could easily buy the appropriate possibilities for you without breaking the bank.

Concerning blemishes, it doesn't really work for me while they are active. It's a really thick product, so you really have to rub it in; I don't want to do that for an active pimple. However, it does somewhat hide my left-over dark marks and scars. However, the applied areas look a bit cakey and chalky.

The packaging is fine, and I don't notice an odor. These last FOREVER, and I don't notice any changes in the product over time. I wish it was creamier (like Urban Decay's 24/7). I don't put it directly on my face; I use a finger. I don't know if that keeps the product cleaner, but I feel as if it does.

I have tried Benefit's Bo-ing and Erase Paste, and I have also tried the higher-priced DRUGSTORE brands, and they are good, too. For the price, I will continue to buy this, though, for days when I don't want to do a full makeup. However, Urban Decay's 24/7 is superior. I will continue to experiment with other drugstore products that are better than this concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

I try so hard to like this concealer, but I cant! Theres a few thing I dislike about this concealer.

1. So flaky! No matter how oily your skin may be, if you try try and cover a blemish with this, it will make it look both cakey and flakey! Not good for under eyes!

2. Crayon-Wax like texture! It did not blend easily and i found it very hard to cover a bigger-blemishes! When I looked in natural lighting in a mirror all the spots I applied this to was hardly blended! No matter how thoroughly I blended!

My natural shade for concealer is very very pale and I thought I went a shade ABOVE my skin pigment, but this was STILL too pale, almost halo like around my blemishes, not good.

I will not buy this again;

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I WANT to like this concealer but I just can't. The only things I liked about it were the price and the lipstick-like shape of the product which makes it easy to apply. Otherwise, it was too dry and cakey, not very blendable or buildable, and worse of all it DIDN'T COVER DIDDLY SQUAT! It just kinds of...smears itself..over my dark spots and under my eyes where it just cakes and emphasizes my fine lines. The packaging brags that it's the "#1 concealer in North America" but take that with a grain of salt. I found this concealer very ineffective.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is kind of a piece of junk. I'm not sure why I haven't thrown it out yet. It comes in a tube like a lipstick so it's really too fat at the tip to apply it the way I really want to. It's also very thick, settles in creases, and happens to not at all be the color of my skin or foundation. If you have a zit this is not effective in any way, shape, or form, and in fact it will make you look like one of those girls who tried to cover her zits but did a bad job. When I do have problem spots I usually just use more of my foundation on those areas and that works much better. Also if you tried this on your under eye it'd be a disaster because of the consistency. Fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by StyleInCMajor

I use the green shade of this product every day and LOVE it! I apply a primer, then streak this across the particularly red parts of my face (I have acne marks and redness all over). Then I blend with my finger and apply foundation and concealer. Really nuetralizes redness! Great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this concealer exclusively for two reasons: Ease of use (it's in lipstick form with a pointy tip, so it can be dotted under eyes without a mirror) and opacity (it really COVERS). The product also contains considerably more yellow pigment than most other drugstore brands, whose "light" shades tend to be peachy or pink. This works well for me; I've got decidedly warm-toned skin and deep undereye shadows to cover, on top of that.

However, I'm not crazy about the shade selection. First of all, the fair/light shades in this line are positively GHOSTLY. While I ordinarily use the 2nd or 3rd lightest shade in a foundation line (for example, CoverGirl Classic Ivory and L'Oreal True Match W3), I had to go all the way to "medium beige" in the Cover Stick line to find a shade that doesn't look like chalk. And even there, the shade is just a bit too light (but the next shade is too deep). I compensate for this by applying very lightly-- which luckily I can do, since the stick is so darn pigmented.

So, not a HG exactly, but the best I can reasonably get my hands on and it does the job. Be warned: Purchase one or two shades darker than you think you need. This line runs very, very light!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for spot blemishes so one tube will last forever. The tube will start looking kind of nasty after a while though, but that shouldn't affect the product itself. It requires a lot of patting to blend and it's impossible to get your perfect shade. Overall, I would not use it unless I absolutely have to but it does do its job.