July 28, 2014 | 1087 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is kind of a piece of junk. I'm not sure why I haven't thrown it out yet. It comes in a tube like a lipstick so it's really too fat at the tip to apply it the way I really want to. It's also very thick, settles in creases, and happens to not at all be the color of my skin or foundation. If you have a zit this is not effective in any way, shape, or form, and in fact it will make you look like one of those girls who tried to cover her zits but did a bad job. When I do have problem spots I usually just use more of my foundation on those areas and that works much better. Also if you tried this on your under eye it'd be a disaster because of the consistency. Fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by StyleInCMajor

I use the green shade of this product every day and LOVE it! I apply a primer, then streak this across the particularly red parts of my face (I have acne marks and redness all over). Then I blend with my finger and apply foundation and concealer. Really nuetralizes redness! Great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this concealer exclusively for two reasons: Ease of use (it's in lipstick form with a pointy tip, so it can be dotted under eyes without a mirror) and opacity (it really COVERS). The product also contains considerably more yellow pigment than most other drugstore brands, whose "light" shades tend to be peachy or pink. This works well for me; I've got decidedly warm-toned skin and deep undereye shadows to cover, on top of that.

However, I'm not crazy about the shade selection. First of all, the fair/light shades in this line are positively GHOSTLY. While I ordinarily use the 2nd or 3rd lightest shade in a foundation line (for example, CoverGirl Classic Ivory and L'Oreal True Match W3), I had to go all the way to "medium beige" in the Cover Stick line to find a shade that doesn't look like chalk. And even there, the shade is just a bit too light (but the next shade is too deep). I compensate for this by applying very lightly-- which luckily I can do, since the stick is so darn pigmented.

So, not a HG exactly, but the best I can reasonably get my hands on and it does the job. Be warned: Purchase one or two shades darker than you think you need. This line runs very, very light!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for spot blemishes so one tube will last forever. The tube will start looking kind of nasty after a while though, but that shouldn't affect the product itself. It requires a lot of patting to blend and it's impossible to get your perfect shade. Overall, I would not use it unless I absolutely have to but it does do its job.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very good concealer. I find that if you apply it straight to the area you want to conceal it tends to be hard to blend and look cakey. But if you apply it on the back of your hand first then apply it to your undereye or blemish it conceals it very well. I'm already on my second!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SakuraMasons

For a drug store product, this is good! But i didnt feel it was good for my skin. Plus, it didnt 'cover' my imperfections well! Sorry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this product was very cakey, and made my skin oily. It made me breakout a lot after use. It's effective, but it was kind of gross feeling. Its easy to use, and the container makes it easy to store and take around but it did leave me feeling uncomfortable when it was on, and made breakouts even worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I purchased the green coverstick, since green is best to hide redness. I would not recommend this product to those with dry skin, as the product is very, very cakey and does make dry skin look even more "cracked' (and in green -- eek!).

I think this product is for spot application for blemishes, and not so much larger areas to cover up. You do have to constantly pat it with skin to blend it in -- I do not recommend using a brush, as I tried with numerous types of brushes, and none could tone down the green color enough.

I probably won't buy again and will look out for another green-tone concealer, preferably in liquid form.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by srosen24

This is a great concealer! I usually use a liquid/cream/gel but I decided to switch to the stick to see what results and it was good! You have to make sure to rub it in fully but it has great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed with this. I purchased the yellow as a colour corrector for use under my eyes to tide me over, and I really wasn't expecting much, but it has exceeded my expectations and I've even ended up using this as a highlighter as well. On my yellow/peach based skin it works amazing well as a highlighter and concealer, completely covering redness and dark circles. It's very thick, lasts well, is water resistant and is easy to blend for such a thick product. It has fantastic coverage and is completely opaque, so it will give a very full finish, and as such I usually only use it with full finish foundations. A little does go a long way, and you can build coverage up too. It has a drier texture, so may not be suitable for dry or aging skin, and the finish is quite matte. It's more of a beige based yellow, so isn't as stark or bright as some yellow correctors can be.

I like the lipstick tube type application as I can apply directly to the face that way in precise strokes or dots, making them thicker or thinner as needed, then gently blending out with fingers or brush. I find for under eye use, drawing a line of concealer straight across about 5mm to 1cm below my eye then blending upwards helps to give a softer and less cakey finish than applying directly under the eye.

I'm ready to give up my Benefit Lemon-Aid concealer once it's finished and will definitely be purchasing this again (for comparisons sake Lemon-Aid does have a softer, creamier consistency, but it isn't as opaque and doesn't offer the same amount of coverage, plus it's slightly more yellow toned. I find I have have to use quite a bit of the Lemon-Aid to get the coverage I'm after, especially if I use it to highlight. It's also time consuming trying to get enough product on fingers or brushes, and constantly having to go back for more product). The only gripe I have is that the bullet broke in the tube when I first used it, and it really wasn't wound up all that far. I do think the summer heat and too much pressure on my part may have played a part in that happening, but it was easily fixed.