LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

Three lippies. A less harah version of mask of magnaminty if thereˊs anyone out there who is looking for a clay mask to clear out the blackheads. This doesnt leave me with dry peeling irritated skin like magnaminty does, however it doesnt clear out blackheads as effective(while magnaminty did a better job but irritated my skin). I always use a face scrub afterwards with this mask to clear out all the junk. Cannot give it a four as I always need a face scrub to make this work and it has a short shelf-life. Towards the expiry date the mask also became a weird dry, spongy texture that was hard to apply. Would not repurchase. Lush skincare doesnt work well with my skin.

on 1/14/2014 10:13:00 PM

Oh my goodness where do I begin with this mask! I am a huge lushie and absolutely adore all of their products and couldn't go a day without using something of theirs!

Mask wise I love the catastrophe cosmetic (It blasts away redness like nobody's business) but I get super super super dry skin to the point where I can scratch it and it will flake off. (Gross I know) You've probably heard this is similar to the St. Ive's Apricot Scrub because of the almonds exfoliating. BUT, I personally do not think it is NEAR as harsh because it's much more natural and let's admit it, we all need a good scrubbing every now and then.

When my skin just gets too dry to function and I can't even smile and I grab this mask from the fridge and plop some of it on my skin for.. Oh maybe about 30 minutes. It's a tightening mask and pretty much neon yellow once it dries! It may burn a tad when it's first on but nothing major and it will go away quickly, if it doesn't I wouldn't recommend keeping this on... Once it's time to take it off it washes off very easily so don't wet your face too much or it'll be gone! I take my time and really scrub my face with this getting dry skin off of deceased pimples that left that ring of dry skin, if you know what I'm talking about.

When I'm all washed and dried my skin is literally GLOWING. Now i hate reviews where everyone says "Oh my skin is so soft and oh it's glowing" and you know not to fall for those products but you do and they don't work, BUT THIS ONE DOES. It really truly does bring the life back into your skin and it leaves it so so so soft to the touch. I always finish it off with my Breath of Fresh Air LUSH toner and Skin Drink moisturizer from LUSH too once my toner has dried and my skin is just wonderful. Now I won't lie to you is this a "perfect problem solving for everything" mask? No, nothing is, if you have blemishes it won't help much and don't use it if you have a scab or something that is a little more on the delicate side because you don't want to ruin the healing process. But if you have dull or dry skin this is a TOTAL HOLY GRAIL ITEM!

This mask is truly amazing and I would recommend investing $6.95 for the best three weeks of your life and enjoy the earthy smell and glowing after effect of Brazened Honey!

on 12/18/2013 3:06:00 PM

Doesn't do much for cleaning. But it is good using it as a scrub. However as a mask, this gave me pimples when I waited half an hour with it on. And not one or two or three, TEN pimples just in half an hour. I like the scent though, I will not repurchase.

on 11/17/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this mask 2 times a week during one month. Overall it was awesome! I felt definitely clean and relieved when I used this mask. Also, it made my skin smoother than it was before. Less breakouts! Just for that feeling it's worth buying. I didn't see any difference in my pores but the mask doesn't promise minimizing pores. Maybe if I have used for a long time, pores could be affected too. Anyway it does its job really well and I think it is a nice facial care product.
There is just a small disadvantage: it is somewhat hard to apply, it has an intense form like a dough.
If I run out of it I would by it of course, but now, I wondered about and started to try Love Lettuce which is another beautiful and popular product of Lush.

ps: If you buy this product you will have to finish it at most in a month, it has an expiration date.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used the Lush face masks off and on throughout the year - mostly they feel good on my skin, are fun to use, but have minimal effects on my skin. Except this one!

If you don't already know - these are fresh masks, meaning they need to be stored in the fridge and expire rather quick (~2 weeks). The price point is great though, so cheap and you get something with quality ingredients. Ps: save the black tubs they come in - bring 5 in and get a free mask.

Reference point: 25 years old, normal skin, not sensitive or acne prone, sometimes dry.

I apply this ~3 times a week. Cleanse my face, let the mask sit out for about 2 minutes from the fridge so it's easier to apply, and use a generous amount on my face. I usually let it sit on my face from anywhere from 10-20 minutes and rinse it off slowly, exfoliating my face. Sometimes I follow up with a collagen/moisture sheet mask. Some users have complained this stings their face. I have noticed the same 'stinging'/burning feeling (although its never been very uncomfortable) sometimes when I use the face. Oddly enough, I get the feeling once in a while, not every single time I use it.

Brazened Honey is pretty amazing. I was looking for something that would give me luminosity and refresh my skin, and this does that. After using it I see my face looking smoother, having a glow, looking brighter, and still feeling soft. Normally after using an exfoliating mask like this, my face feels tight and dry, but not with Brazened Honey. Lush claims this is " A detox to get tired and dull skin back to being radiant and glowing", and I totally agree. I also love that unlike other masks I've used, I can apply my regular moisturizer, do my make up and go out after applying it. Certain masks that exfoliate/give you brighter skin tend to leave my skin looking red and slightly irritated after removing them - meaning they require for me to use them at night (ie: Ren Glycolactic Acid Mask)

This is definately up there in HG status for me. I like it so much more than other expensive products that claim the same benefits. I wish I could give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. :)

on 9/26/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was one of those people who swore I would never bother with that scented LUSH store. Then somehow I looked into it, and decided to try something, and with the natural ingredients seeming like a good idea to try, I got sucked in!
So far this is my favorite mask from LUSH. I don't find the smell overpowering, I find the scrubbing power to be just perfect, and adjustable - once you get it wet and scrub with your fingers. I have very oily skin and between using the Brazened Honey Mask and the Mask of Magnaminty I noticed my skin is smoother and a lot less oily, and I have had almost no breakouts! Definitely no more large breakouts. I only wish there was a LUSH store closer to me so I could pick up these masks easier!

OK. I just used this for the first time, and I loved it so much I just had to buy it!!!

I have super sensitive skin, so I usually use a very mild scrub to exfoliate sometimes. However, lately the build up of makeup on my skin has been disgusting and my skin has been looking mighty dull and tired.

Enter Lush -- I got this as an afterthought after picking up more of my trusty Lemony Flutter, and OH MY. There are some products you know your skin is going to LOVE from the second it touches you, and this was really one of them for me. The mask was cold and thick and gritty, and it gave me a real savage pleasure to slather it on my face. It dried nice and clay-ish as expected, but the results were pretty unexpected.

I thought it was just going to make my face a bit smoother (result of all the other masks I've used -- Skinfood cucumber, Laniege water bank) and possibly a bit brighter, but to my surprise, when I washed off the mask after a pleasant exfoliating massage, my skin was BRIGHT. and GLOWY. it hardly ever looks like that, unless I'm sick and manage 18 hours of sleep in a day.

In all, really loving this mask. Will definitely repurchase.

My skin is really sensitive (drop some mayo on my chin and watch a pimple grow), but this didn't seem to aggravate it at all.

on 9/25/2013 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this mask for almost a year (on and off - I admit it) and it is definitely my favorite - I cannot buy any other face mask because it doesn't compare..
It doesn't only "bring the dirt to the surface" as the lady at Lush told me, consequently my skin feels soft and clear for a few days.. It normally tends to be a little oily on the nose and forehead but when I'm using this mask I definitely notice improvements.. It also gives a radiant glow to my skin for at least 48 hours after I used it.
What I also love is the feeling that the mask gives you: sure, the smell could be described as overpowering according to some, but the Ayurvedic herbs in my opinion give a rich and intense feel.. I especially love using this when I'm hangover or sleep deprived, it always makes me and my skin feel so much better!

on 9/23/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

so i tried this for the first time today.
i have sensitive skin and it burnt over three spots that had come out.
i guess that's a good thing.
but weird thing is it was burning between my nose and lips which is weird coz i had no pimple there.

i didn't leave it on for 20 minutes as i couldn't take the burning but i will try again after tomorrow.

i'd suggest you try a sample before and see if you can "handle" it. i got mine for free after handing back 5 pots

THIS MASK ROCKS! I was eager to try this as it was described as being good for someone who is working a lot, playing a lot, not drinking enough water or getting enough sleep. Plus I love honey. OMG AMAZING! The Ayurvedic herbs in this mask warm up your skin. It has a good tingle so if your are not into stimulation avoid this one. It seemed to bring back the color to my face giving me a lovely glow and removing dullness. It can be a bit hard to remove if scrubbing away doesn't work grab a warm washcloth. TRY IT! Great hangover cure ;).

Popular Masks