LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

OK. I just used this for the first time, and I loved it so much I just had to buy it!!!

I have super sensitive skin, so I usually use a very mild scrub to exfoliate sometimes. However, lately the build up of makeup on my skin has been disgusting and my skin has been looking mighty dull and tired.

Enter Lush -- I got this as an afterthought after picking up more of my trusty Lemony Flutter, and OH MY. There are some products you know your skin is going to LOVE from the second it touches you, and this was really one of them for me. The mask was cold and thick and gritty, and it gave me a real savage pleasure to slather it on my face. It dried nice and clay-ish as expected, but the results were pretty unexpected.

I thought it was just going to make my face a bit smoother (result of all the other masks I've used -- Skinfood cucumber, Laniege water bank) and possibly a bit brighter, but to my surprise, when I washed off the mask after a pleasant exfoliating massage, my skin was BRIGHT. and GLOWY. it hardly ever looks like that, unless I'm sick and manage 18 hours of sleep in a day.

In all, really loving this mask. Will definitely repurchase.

My skin is really sensitive (drop some mayo on my chin and watch a pimple grow), but this didn't seem to aggravate it at all.

on 9/25/2013 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this mask for almost a year (on and off - I admit it) and it is definitely my favorite - I cannot buy any other face mask because it doesn't compare..
It doesn't only "bring the dirt to the surface" as the lady at Lush told me, consequently my skin feels soft and clear for a few days.. It normally tends to be a little oily on the nose and forehead but when I'm using this mask I definitely notice improvements.. It also gives a radiant glow to my skin for at least 48 hours after I used it.
What I also love is the feeling that the mask gives you: sure, the smell could be described as overpowering according to some, but the Ayurvedic herbs in my opinion give a rich and intense feel.. I especially love using this when I'm hangover or sleep deprived, it always makes me and my skin feel so much better!

on 9/23/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

so i tried this for the first time today.
i have sensitive skin and it burnt over three spots that had come out.
i guess that's a good thing.
but weird thing is it was burning between my nose and lips which is weird coz i had no pimple there.

i didn't leave it on for 20 minutes as i couldn't take the burning but i will try again after tomorrow.

i'd suggest you try a sample before and see if you can "handle" it. i got mine for free after handing back 5 pots

THIS MASK ROCKS! I was eager to try this as it was described as being good for someone who is working a lot, playing a lot, not drinking enough water or getting enough sleep. Plus I love honey. OMG AMAZING! The Ayurvedic herbs in this mask warm up your skin. It has a good tingle so if your are not into stimulation avoid this one. It seemed to bring back the color to my face giving me a lovely glow and removing dullness. It can be a bit hard to remove if scrubbing away doesn't work grab a warm washcloth. TRY IT! Great hangover cure ;).

on 9/9/2013 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Glow? More like STAIN.
Initially I was so pumped to finally be trying this mask after hearing all the rave reviews and initially things started well. The mask was as expected, a thick porridge consistency that stung slightly on contact (nothing unbearable). I left the mask on for the recommended 10 minutes and washed off with warm water in circular motions to get the full effect of the exfoliating almond bits. My skin seemed smoother but aside from that no real difference, and that was okay, I don't expect much the very first time I use a mask but more so how well it work over an extended period. I toned with my Witch Hazel and wasn't even surprised by the neon yellow colour that came off my face and onto my cotton pad, however what did annoy me was the ever present neon yellow that came off onto my second cotton pad, and the third, and the fourth. I'm sure I could have gotten more out of it however the color didn't even seem to be fading in intensity so I gave up and washed my face with my regular face wash. And still the cotton pad I toned with was a muted bright yellow. I'm sure any moisturising properties this gave my skin was cancelled out by all the washing and toning I did. I'll finish my tub because at $16.95 for a small tub I can't afford not to, and hopefully the tedious extra washing will be worth it if it can do anything to benefit my skin. So ladies and gentlemen, before you rush out and jump for joy over the 'glow' it gives you make sure it's your skin and not the yellow stain the mask leaves behind.

on 9/3/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

In my top three favorite Lush masks, for sure. Brazened Honey is amazing. I love everything about it. Smells really good, nice thick, and gritty texture....love the spicy kick sensation when first applied to the skin. Excellent exfoliation action when rinsing off. Leaves my skin incredibly smooth, soft, and bright. Everything I hope for in a mask is what I get with Brazened Honey. I highly recommend.

on 8/6/2013 7:33:00 AM

My skin is quite normal, and I usually never break out!!! I've barely had a spot so far in all my teenage years!!! This, however changed that... I loved the green colour and the smell was ok, but as soon as o put this on my face, it stung like crazy! I knew that was because of the acidic contents which provide vitamin c, so it didn't bother me too much. But, after 2 uses, I had to give this to my sister - it was causing me to majorly break out! Surely enough, my skin calmed down again after I cut it out, but it just didn't work for me :( however, I would still recommend trying this, it made my skin feel good for a while, and everyone's skin is different!!!

on 8/4/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the best mask I have ever used. My skin just glows after using it. My skin has ever been so smooth clear and even toned. It does an amazing job deep cleaning my skin and i use it twice a week and leave it on for about 20 mins. After I rinse I apply Lush's Gorgeous moisturizer and my skin has been so clear and smooth. I really love this mask and will definitely repurchase if I continue to see relsults like this!!!!

on 7/23/2013 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have tried about half of their masks..some of them worked (BB seaweed) but others nah..other than just softening the skin. Was planning to get ayesha but they said that's for pore minimising & tightening and I was looking something for my blemishes (those little bumps around face really irks me) and I was kinda sold and bought it on the spot. It contains EGGS. And the smell wasn't really that pleasant but hey who cares! Results all that matters. And I have been using it for 4 days in a row and I'm loving it!

Finally a lush mask that worked! For maximum results leave in on for 10mins and then gently rewet the dried mask on yr face and gently massage in circular motions :)

However, please do note that this mask contains lime extract too. Which means Vit C and it will make the skin tingle. If you have sensitive/thin skin, I will suggest you stay clear of this.

On the downside too, is the expiration dates of the products but my last mask lasted a month later with no side effects.

If you are residing in Singapore, will suggest you drop by on Sunday as they mix the masks on Sat so you will get the freshest product.

Hope it helps!

on 7/20/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Worker told me this mask was the one to use if I had sensitivity to any of their other masks.
Stuff burns like acid.