LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

on 4/18/2013 5:26:00 PM

I've used LUSH products for years now and have had some love hate moments, mainly because I'd bought the wrong things for my skin type etc etc - but still, when it comes to skin care it left me ever so slightly dubious about their products for the face.

I still love their bath bombs/lip balms and numerous other things, and had visited to try out a fragrance I have now bought! The lady in the store was super helpful and after a chat offered me this mask as it was very nearly out of date (I love LUSH staff!) I came home a bit curious, and decided that night to have a lovely bath and give it a bash.

It's a bit scrubby which I love because it exfoliates dead skill cells and flaky skin, the smell is subtle I think as it's mostly honey scented but maybe a bit gingery. The mask dries fast and does sort of crack if you attempt grinnage while wearing it. I was naughty and left it on for ages (it's meant to be 5 minutes) then proceeded to scrub it off with a warm flannel.

I LOVE the results, my usually dry sad red skin looks really fresh and clean, my redness looks so much better and I've noticed it's helped with my pores and blackheads and oddly (maybe not so..) I think it makes me look less tired, and much healthier. I myself thought such things were impossible from just a quick face mask but the ingredients must just seriously work for my skin.

I finish this by splashing my face with cool water and moisturizing with Oilatum's Face Repair Cream. Over the moon and will seriously reconsider LUSH's skin/face products, hurray!

on 3/21/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This definetely one of lush's best face masks! Firstly I really like the smell, to me it smells like fresh flowers although some people might find it overpowering as the smell is strong. This mask is an exfoliating and brightening mask which it does very well. I find after I've left it on for about 10 mins then wash it off my skin feels incredibly smooth and looks much brighter, haven't noticed it making any difference to my spots or clogged pores though. Also this one sticks well to the skin unlike some of the lush face masks which are difficult. I would buy it again, probably my fave out of all 5 lush masks I've tried. This would be good for any skin type unless you skin is overly sensitive. If you buy a lot from lush like me and you collect 5 pots you get the face mask free which is awesome, they are pretty cheap anyway at 5.95. This is definitely one you must try (:

on 3/19/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this face mask around 3 times a week and when I do my skin feels and looks better. I don't have very sensitive skin so the burning, uncomfortable feel that some people get with this product doesn't affect me and I actually like the feel it gives my face. It helps unclog my pores, brighten my face, and leaves my face feeling softer and smoother. The smell is nice, not too overpowering but offers a slight honey scent. It tends to last me around 10-12 uses (keep in mind I have a small face and a little goes quite a long way.) This isn't a "holy grail" product but I do repurchase it about once every 3-4 months.

on 3/2/2013 1:33:00 PM

*QUICK SUMMARY; THIS IS A PORE SHRINKING / BLACK HEAD REMOVER MASK*

The texture is like a scrub. I was expecting it to go on just as rough, but if you apply a warm wash cloth to your face first, it actually goes on pretty smooth. During application, it has a chapping sensation, similar to wind burn. My first time, I thought I was having some sort of reaction to it, but it goes away as the mask dries, and then it keeps your face feeling chilled. I have it on right now, and my cheeks are cold as ice!

It's a little bit more difficult to take off then some of the other masks. Some of them you can just rinse with your hands and water. This one you need to scrub with water and a washcloth.

After taking it off, I immediately notice less black heads, and smaller pores.

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

on 2/19/2013 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Loved the smell. Didn't like the texture and the sensation. I didn't like the tingling sensation that much. In the end I didn't feel any better.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am still undecided on this mask. I have acne-prone skin, but for the most part it's fairly normal. I do have an issue with blackheads and clogged pores.

When I put on this mask it was very exfoliating and somewhat harsh when trying to spread it on my face. It's very clumpy and looks really gross. However, when I washed it off (left it on for about 5 mins) I noticed immediately that it had lifted the gunk clogging the pores in my nose right up! I put on a nose strip and when I removed it.. it was insane how much crap it pulled out! Normally I don't have that result, so I know it was the mask that I owed for that.

My nose looked a lot clearer, so I think this will become a normal treatment for me! So far, this mask is great at pulling up the impurities.. so I think I would rebuy!

on 1/13/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bought this after I ran out of mask of magnaminty which I always used and there weren't any new stock at the Lush store. The beauty consultant at the store than told me to try this instead and boy do I love this more than magnaminty!

It leaves my face very smooth and clean after use and its easier to apply than magnaminty. My only complain is it smells like sulfur and its more expensive at $19 for a small pot.

on 11/30/2012 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

AMAZING! My Holy Grail face mask, makes my skin feel beautiful after putting it on and washing it off every time. I adore this face mask

on 11/24/2012 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the HG elements of my beauty routine. After cleansing, I put this mask on and wait about 10 minutes before taking off. Now that I also have clarisonic, I use that to take the mask off. It's amazing for brightening your complexion and really making your face look fresh, right and dewy. There is no other mask I like more; or which does it's job as thoroughly. Definitely worth a try if you've got dull, oily blackhead prone skin.

on 11/1/2012 7:43:00 PM

A great product for problem skin. I have combination skin, and was experiencing some winter dryness/dullness so gave this mask a go and it really did wonders. Whilst on the skin it can feel quite intense, almost uncomfortable but after washing it off it left my skin beautifully soft and moisturised without a trace of the dry tightness I had been experiencing previously. I really noticed the difference after one use, my skin lost the winter dullness and looked more radiant. My friend also tried it at the same time, she was experiencing a severe cystic acne breakout and was equally impressed. The mask removed oil and left her skin feeling soft and supple and not as sore as it had been. We both loved this product and it's great value at around 6, I will probably get 7-8 applications. I used Lush's celestial moisturiser afterwards and was very impressed with the results.

Popular Masks