Prada Prada EDP

3.7

Amber, Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin Flower ,Mimosa, rose, Schinus Molle, peru balsam, patchouli, rasphberry, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Tonka bean, vanilla, musk.

First of all: i am really looking forward to wearing Prada in autumn and winter! This scent is so enveloping and warm, i still can hardly resist to wear it now but i guess it's already too warm here (it's July and we don't have a/c in most houses and office buildings!!) most of the days.
The overall impression is that of an Angel clone without caramel and chocolate but there is so much more to it than that:
the patchouli is extremely nice and softly done (softer than in Angel, to me), a gentle version that mingles with the most beautiful sandalwood, no doubt but what comes in the drydown is the most lovely and lavish labdanum which i adore!!
The florals in the top and middle are very weak on my skin (no mimosa here but jasmine which is not listed officially!!), what i do get most are woods and resinous notes, rooty even although there's no vetiver listed. The benzoin gives more sweetness in the base than tonka or vanilla but they're there, still much less sweeter than in Angel, again.

The official notes (according basenotes) are:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Mandarin, Mimosa Absolute.

Middle Notes
Rose absolute, Indonesian Patchouli, Patchouli Absolute.

Base Notes
Labdanum, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Indian Sandalwood, Benzoin Resinoide.

It was bound to happen: i love it! It's already on my top ten list and a complimented one!

The Prada Tendre was not an option for me, after all. I have NR for her if i want subdued patchouli with florals and musk. And that's just fine and doesn't need another clone!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become one of my HG fragrances since it first came out. Beautiful, classy and not overpowering if you use within reason and not pour all over yourself. At the same time, it lasts all day. This is one of the fragrances I always get complimented on and never have to worry that I smell too old or too girlie. A true classic, just like Miuccia Prada and classy Barcelona women! I used to buy refills only as it is MUCH cheaper that way, but recently I received a GC and bought myself a sprayer bottle (which is gorgeous!) as well as Prada Intense version. Just remember, with this fragrance, little goes a long way!

As a "Samsara" girl, this spicy oriental is exactly my kind of scent. I intend to buy a bottle soon.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Prada took its time growing on me. I didn't like it much at first, but kept going back to it because I thought I *should* love it given the notes (I'm a spicy/incense/oriental girl). Finally, today, it clicked. I sprayed some on at Sephora, then did some shopping, and enjoyed it immensely. The stars must have been aligned just right today. ;-) Unlike other reviewers, I don't find the patchouli overwhelming at all...it blends really well with the amber and other notes. The overall effect is spicy for sure, but in a sheer, modern way. I'll buy a bottle soon.

This is a patchouli & amber piece. Maybe some citrus at the top, but it's not a sharp citrus. Even though sandalwood is listed as one of the notes I don't smell any sandalwood. I wouldn't call this a sandalwood fragrance by any means. I have a lot of perfumes, but for some reason I keep reaching for this one. It's not aesthetically perfect, but extremely wearable: sillage is not too strong, not too synthetic/headache inducing, and it's very dry (which I love). Another favorite of mine is Hermes Caleche, and even though these two are not even in the same family of perfumes, if Caleche is a dry crystal chardonnay, then Prada must be a berry red pinot noir. It's a keeper.

Love this gorgeous fragrance. One word comes to mind: spicy. Layers of amber and resinous incense. Yet, it's also very wearable and modern. I don't know how this would smell in warm weather...strikes me as a winter kind of scent, but I'll try it out in small quantities. That's the other thing: for something with this much *oomph* the sillage and lasting power are not as powerful as I expected, which might be a good thing....less is more with this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have loved this fragrance from the first time I smelled it. I love the packaging with the old fashioned pump spray, the modern cubic bottle and even the lavendar color. To give you some indication of the other fragrances I like so you can compare are: Fendi (the original), Chanel Coco and Lancome 200) Roses. I love these for winter evenings, but not for day. Since becoming a teacher I have started to use fresher smelling scents rather than the heady ones listed above. A little Prada goes a long way and the sent really sticks with you.

Here are the notes of Prada:
Bergamot Oil Italian, Orange Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Mandarin Flower, Mimosa India, Rose Absolute ABS, Schinus Molle ABS LMR, Peru Balsam, Patchouli Oil LMR, Raspberry Flower, Labdanum Resinoide LMR, Tonka Bean ABS LMR, Vanilla Absolute, Musk, Sandalwood Oil.

Coco:
Sensual and cool. Strong and vulnerable. Built on a major amber-y chord, adorned with flowers, warmed with wood and leather.

Fendi:
ntroduced by Fendi in 1985 FENDI is a luxurious oriental woody fragrance. This Perfume has a blend of leather rose sandalwood amber and musk. It is recommended for romantic wear.

The common threads in the more dramatic fragrances I like seem to be woods, amber and leather.

Got as a gift. Sum it up in two words; "old" and "lady". If you truly dislike someone, go to their house and break open and pour out the entire bottle onto their carpet. There would be nothing more cruel.

Got this as a gift. By default you have high expectations and want to like this perfume. On the positive side, this perfume is complex and layered. It's definitely not floral or sweet smelling. I do not dislike the scent, however it is very overpowering. I wore one quick spritz and it was too much - I was overwhelmed and very conscious of the smell the whole day. It definitely has lasting power. I want to wear it again as I'm hoping maybe I just had too much of it on the last time I wore it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to lighten a strong smelling EDP?

I got given a freebie of Prada EDP some time ago. I found I was constantly drawn to it out of all the fragrances in my collection, and so when it came time to choose an EDP for my birthday, after agonies of indecision I settled on Prada. To give you an indication of my tastes, other contenders were: Narcisso Rodriguez Musc oil; trusty Angel; trusty Pure Poison; Stella EDP; Vera Wang EDP and in a style completely unlike the others, Creed Virgin Island Water - love that coconut and lime!! Anyway; the Prada won, because it has been a reassuring go-to bottle when I want to feel sexually alluring, womanly, sensual, in control, well dressed, noticeable, mysterious. Interestingly I really hate the new wave of synthetic patchoulis sweeping the market, but I don't feel that way about Prada. Many of the other descriptions here about the structure of the scent capture it very well. Definitely need to wait for the dry down to get the best of this. It goes exceptionally creamy with gentle spice. There is amber, and a smooth floral construction that I am not well-versed enough to dissect for readers here. I think if you like Prada's clothing style, of sharp, intelligent, lateral and devastating femininity, you will find that style characterised very well by their scent. Oh and I did not buy the atomiser version. I think the simple bottle with its silver top is stylish enough without it, and heeded the warnings about the atomiser by other MUAers. I have had no problems with my bottle.

Popular Fragrances