October 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This cured my itchy, flaky, dry skin! I have eczema and am very sensitive. I decided to try this when my usual HG Cerave lotion wasn't helping with some very stubborn winter skin and I'm so glad I did! This isn't greasy at all but has the consistency of a cream and I love that it has shea butter. I keep it next to the kitchen sink as I wash my hands 100 times a day, this keeps them from getting cracked or irritated. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was having a problem with my legs being very dry and itchy as well as my elbows and I couldn't find anything that would help. I decided to cave in and try this lotion and it was a God send! My legs had been getting so itchy that I would scratch them until they would bleed. It was bizarre and had never happened to me. Since I have been using this lotion my legs do not itch at all. This lotion is now part of my daily beauty regimen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

My skin has been so dry the past few weeks. Putting on my usual lotion at work just wasn't cutting it. After a minute, my hands felt dry again. Quick trip to the local store, I spied a random bottle of lotion for extra dry skin. Ah Aveeno...
One pump and I'm good to go for hours. It really does relieve my dry skin. It's not sticky, and absorbs quickly. It has been a lifesaver.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great to use on freshly shaven legs or on my face after I've been swimming and it's REALLY dry. Moisturizes and has no smell. I sometimes add it to other body lotions, face lotions or sunscreen if I want it with a little more moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this for me because I have constant dry skin in the winter. I find in the winter it is so great it helps keep my skin soft and moisturized and I don't run into any more flakes or itch.
I also love using it right after I shave my legs because it helps to keep them super smooth. it is a staple in my house and I hate running out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this one time when my skin was reacting to something and it turned red and itchy. This worked immediately to stop the itching and I have been using it regularly since. I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer because it's pretty thick and doesn't sink in very quickly, although it does leave your skin soft after a while. I think it sort of forms a protective layer over your skin, which is wonderful when your skin's acting up. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by toxicsludge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has quickly become my favorite lotion. Generally, I put it on fresh out of the shower so it has time to soak in before I get dressed. I use it on my entire body, minus the face, and it makes my skin feel awesome for hours afterward. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it lasts 24 hours like the bottle suggests, but I don't need it to last quite that long anyway. It has a pleasant, barely-there scent that doesn't compete with any other fragrances I might decide to wear.

I get small, seasonal patches of an eczema-like rash on my elbows, and this lotion keeps them hydrated for extended periods of time, (which, in turn, keeps them from being unbearably itchy).

The bottle and pump are sturdy. I have dropped it on the tile floor a couple times, and it has held up well. No cracks, or breaks in the pump.

I plan to continue buying this for a long, long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Mona123

I love this lotion and I have very picky skin. My skin tends to become red and irritated when I put stuff on it, any kind of stuff, really, and I have a hard time finding something that fits me (creams, sunscreen, you name it). Before this lotion, I used Clinderm Soothing Lotion, which is also an amazing product, but here in Canada it costs 16,00$ for 100 ml! This Aveeno lotion is much more affordable and comes in bigger packages. I hope they come up with a good sunscreen that my sensitive skin can tolerate. They might convert me from my Cliniderm products for good! I am also very happy that this lotion has no weird ingredients (besides petrolatum). I read somewhere that the fewer the ingredients, the better the product is! I reccommend counting the ingredients in your products. So overall, I'm very happy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just mediocre...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion specifically for my daughter with eczema. She is 18 months old and her skin is sensitive, dry, rough, and she scratches it – making the condition worse. After just one week of applying this lotion every day her skin is soft, smooth, and supple. It’s also helped to heal eczema patches and she doesn’t scratch. Since I also have eczema, I’ve used it for me now and love it. It comes in either a pump bottle or a long tube, which is better for travel. Aveeno’s products are the real deal: no mineral oil (a common filler) and I love that this one is fragrance free (which irritates my skin, and I think the scented baby lotion, which also has mineral oil, I was using on my daughter was contributed to her skin issues). I can’t smell much of anything in this lotion, maybe the slightest flour smell, but I don’t smell a thing after it absorbs, which is pretty quickly. I am thoroughly pleased with this product and will absolutely buy again. It's not the cheapest body lotion, but it's worth it. For the record, this was the “soothing oat essence” formula with no menthol.