November 24, 2014 | 1752 users online

Powder - Stila - Illuminating Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mashafromrussia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought this powder again and again! I found out about it through Vogue forums on the PPP thread. 10 watts is indeed a perfect match for pale me.

I use it as a finishing powder with a kabuki brush on top of my Clinique Superfit liquid foundation. It provides the most beautiful luminous finish - definitely not glittery (I hate glitter in foundations, bronzers and blushers), but not a chalky matte either, like most powders tend to be. It just looks very natural and healthy.

I've tried using it as a foundation on its own when I didn't have my liquid with me, but it didn't do much at all - with a kabuki brush the coverage was too sheer, and with the provided sponge it felt uneven. Possibly because I have quite large pores and need more coverage.

The only downside is that it's pretty pricey in Australia, especially when you have to buy the case as well. My solution - you can sometimes find it for quarter of the price on Ebay. The pan also fits into a Shiseido powder case, which is much cheaper here, so I hope that helps you girls out there to save some money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by spitfireseven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CherryBlossom03

I've been using this for over 3 years now. It's my HG powder foundation. When I thought Stila was going bankrupt I stocked up and I was even looking for a backup (Bare Minerals didn't work for me, too oily)

It gives a light to medium coverage depending on the way you put it on. I use it to even out skin tone. I use concealer on places that have discoloration or on breakouts before I apply this foundation. It gives a nice subtle shimmer, making it looks more natural and less flat in color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by isabellet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation. The illuminating element is fantastic, I hate glittery or sparkly effects but this just makes you GLOW. The only complaint I have is that the coverage is only medium, I have a mark on my face that is never covered properly with this foundation when other brands have worked just fine. I tend to rotate between this and Laura Mercier powder foundation but it's kinda sad that this is my 'cheap' foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jlinh2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This will work well to even out your skin tone, but acne scars and other discolorations won't be covered. Illuminating isn't really the right word, it's not shiny or glittery, but it will leave your skin bright. I've used the sponge (more coverage) and also a kabuki brush (more sheer). I got the 30 watt and it seems to suit me fine during the fall/winter months. I'm light to medium with yellow undertones.

I have to reapply around my nose areas every few hours for the oily and combo skin ladies out there. Might be a good idea if you can get a hold of a mini version before splurging on the $28 full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by abrilio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very Good Product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Ellz

Hi guys! This is my first review! let's get started...

So...I am new to powder foundation- prior to stila I used lorac, clinique, and other brands that carry liquid foundation with higher than average coverage. I do have blemish prone skin and need to wear foundation every day to create the appearance of clear skin. I am surprised to say that I really like this foundation. It's cheaper than the liquids I used to use and it covers blemishes moderately if you apply it with the included sponge. For those who want lighter coverage you could always use a powder brush. The color matches my skin perfectly (30 Watts) which is so rare for me...The overall look is nice- it doesn't leave my skin looking powdery and cakey but a setting powder is necessary for those with oily/combo skin since the foundation isnt too mattifying. (I use MUFE HD powder which def sets the foundation and keeps me oil free until midday- highly recommended)

TIP: I love makeup but I am super cheap- Instead of buying full price I always look on ebay first. I'm actually gonna buy a refill for this foundation for $10 ! How awesome? lol enjoy!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by prinzcess_ayu

I don't know what this thing suppose to do with my skin. It's a foundation, but it doesn't seem to cover anything on my face. It's too sheer, and it makes my skin oily. I tried to used it as a setting powder for my HG Clinique Superfit, but it seem to be too heavy. I can't used this as my blot powder because this thing makes my face more shiny. Gosh, i tried so many different technique to work with this foundation but it seems everything is failed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by peachy905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of powder foundation in general but thought I would give this a try when Stila had their F&F sale. Wow this is the best powder foundation I've tried. Since it has a slight illuminating quality to it for those who hate the powdery look this is perfect. The coverage is fairly sheer so it will really only even out the skintone but won't cover any acne/scars. My main complaint is that that the refill doesn't really sit that securely into the case (which by the way is super cute). For those who have oily skin this is NOT mattifying at all so you'll need to wear a primer underneath. Those with normal/dry skin will be fine. I just love the look that this provides, so natural and luminous!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, but a little chalky. Liked it more than MAC studio FX. Loved that it has spf!