Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

on 1/16/2010 11:26:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years in 20 watt - can't imagine being without it! I use it as more of a powder than a foundation though, covering up any spots first with concealer, then using a big brush to apply the powder. Very natural looking, not heavy at all.

on 1/13/2010 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on sales for 15 euros.This is the only reason I bought it,I was in the market for a low price powder foundation and since this had such low price I thought why not.I m not 100% happy with this though.First of all the coverage is extremely sheer for me.I know the difference between a powder and a powder foundation and this is definitely a powder just to set your "real"foundation.If I use a powder brush I get extremely sheer coverage,next to nothing that low,If I use a sponge I get slightly more coverage but once again at least for me it's not enough.So in terms of coverage from 1 to 5 I give this a 2.I have combination skin,at least during the winter I don't have oil control issues but with this one I look shiny after 2-3 hours.And this is quite a surprise for me since I have used mush more emollient and liquid foundations and I almost never look shiny.So in terms of oil controlling from 1 to 5 I give this a 1.As far as shades goes I m nc 25 and I have this in 40 watts and I can tell that I m ok in this field.So again from 1 to 5 I give this a 4 for the shades selection.The finish now.For sure this doesn't give that powdery,dusty finish.The consistency of the product is completely matte you don't get any shimmer particles with this but still manages to give dimension to the skin just like the msfn from mac does.Also this comes with spf 12 and titanium dioxide.Also stilla sells refills for this compact so this is a more economical option.In general this is an ok product,for sure I wouldn't pay full price for this cause I want full coverage and For this reason I m not going to buy it again

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have bought this powder again and again! I found out about it through Vogue forums on the PPP thread. 10 watts is indeed a perfect match for pale me.

I use it as a finishing powder with a kabuki brush on top of my Clinique Superfit liquid foundation. It provides the most beautiful luminous finish - definitely not glittery (I hate glitter in foundations, bronzers and blushers), but not a chalky matte either, like most powders tend to be. It just looks very natural and healthy.

I've tried using it as a foundation on its own when I didn't have my liquid with me, but it didn't do much at all - with a kabuki brush the coverage was too sheer, and with the provided sponge it felt uneven. Possibly because I have quite large pores and need more coverage.

The only downside is that it's pretty pricey in Australia, especially when you have to buy the case as well. My solution - you can sometimes find it for quarter of the price on Ebay. The pan also fits into a Shiseido powder case, which is much cheaper here, so I hope that helps you girls out there to save some money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i am so happy with this product.

I've been using this for over 3 years now. It's my HG powder foundation. When I thought Stila was going bankrupt I stocked up and I was even looking for a backup (Bare Minerals didn't work for me, too oily)

It gives a light to medium coverage depending on the way you put it on. I use it to even out skin tone. I use concealer on places that have discoloration or on breakouts before I apply this foundation. It gives a nice subtle shimmer, making it looks more natural and less flat in color.

on 10/14/2009 7:22:00 PM

Love this foundation. The illuminating element is fantastic, I hate glittery or sparkly effects but this just makes you GLOW. The only complaint I have is that the coverage is only medium, I have a mark on my face that is never covered properly with this foundation when other brands have worked just fine. I tend to rotate between this and Laura Mercier powder foundation but it's kinda sad that this is my 'cheap' foundation!

on 10/8/2009 1:23:00 PM

This will work well to even out your skin tone, but acne scars and other discolorations won't be covered. Illuminating isn't really the right word, it's not shiny or glittery, but it will leave your skin bright. I've used the sponge (more coverage) and also a kabuki brush (more sheer). I got the 30 watt and it seems to suit me fine during the fall/winter months. I'm light to medium with yellow undertones.

I have to reapply around my nose areas every few hours for the oily and combo skin ladies out there. Might be a good idea if you can get a hold of a mini version before splurging on the $28 full size.

on 10/1/2009 9:11:00 PM

Very Good Product

on 9/27/2009 1:52:00 AM

Hi guys! This is my first review! let's get started...

So...I am new to powder foundation- prior to stila I used lorac, clinique, and other brands that carry liquid foundation with higher than average coverage. I do have blemish prone skin and need to wear foundation every day to create the appearance of clear skin. I am surprised to say that I really like this foundation. It's cheaper than the liquids I used to use and it covers blemishes moderately if you apply it with the included sponge. For those who want lighter coverage you could always use a powder brush. The color matches my skin perfectly (30 Watts) which is so rare for me...The overall look is nice- it doesn't leave my skin looking powdery and cakey but a setting powder is necessary for those with oily/combo skin since the foundation isnt too mattifying. (I use MUFE HD powder which def sets the foundation and keeps me oil free until midday- highly recommended)

TIP: I love makeup but I am super cheap- Instead of buying full price I always look on ebay first. I'm actually gonna buy a refill for this foundation for $10 ! How awesome? lol enjoy!

I don't know what this thing suppose to do with my skin. It's a foundation, but it doesn't seem to cover anything on my face. It's too sheer, and it makes my skin oily. I tried to used it as a setting powder for my HG Clinique Superfit, but it seem to be too heavy. I can't used this as my blot powder because this thing makes my face more shiny. Gosh, i tried so many different technique to work with this foundation but it seems everything is failed.