October 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if I'm in love with this product. I use this as my night cream and this is the only cream I put on my face at night and my night eye cream. It is moisturizing enough for my super dry skin in the summer nights. I'm not sure how it will fare in winter time. It left my skin soft, smooth and bright the next day. It also has diminished my deep lines on my forehead by a lot. I don't know if this is the cause of small red bumps on my right side. I have a few of them right now. Will update once I figure it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Help Me every day for about 6 weeks now. As I said in another reveiw I added this to my skincare regimen at the same time I was adding a couple of other products. The problem with starting new products at the same time is that it is hard to know which products are causing which results.

That being said I can definitely say that Help Me hasn't harmed my skin in any way. I did have a couple of tiny dry patches develop the first week I started using it, but I just increased my moisturizer and kept up with using this product. The patches cleared up and I haven't had any problems since. I like the texture of this cream and I like the way my skin seems to absorb it right in without leaving any greasy or unpleasent residue.Overall I would say that my skin has a brighter, clearer and more even appearance which pleases me greatly. I haven't noticed much improvement in terms of my large pores or fine lines. I am going to keep up with using help me on a daily basis at least until I finish this tube, then I will have to decide if I want to repurchase. Though I haven't noticed anything that remarkable or amazing I'm not going to quit to early because I have read that even with prescription strength Retin A cream people can sometimes wait up to six months to see any real improvement. Since Retinols are a weaker form of Retin A, I am not expecting any miracles or overnight improvements, however I believe that ongoing continued use of this does probably have benefits. I don't kow this for sure so I may have to come back to update this reveiw.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

At first I thought this product was rockin', I really liked it. Now I'm not sure it does anything at all.

I had been using retin-a but then I was worried it was overkill and that I was using it before I really need it. I don't have acne but I'm 37 and while I don't have fine lines I also don't want fine lines so I was acting preemptively. I have also had it up to here with my pores and I was hoping this would help. It didn't.

I have been using it about 3 times a week for 6 months and while nothing bad has happened and I definitely don't look worse... I cannot say for sure that anything good has happened either.

My advice would be to get a prescription level retinol if you really need one... if you're on the fence then try this and maybe you will get enough results to tide you over.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you already have access to Retin-A or Renova, skin this product.
It's definitely a wanna-be.
I got the set of cleanser/retinol/moisturizer, and taking it all back. This was the ONLY item in the box that didn't have a nauseating smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by joolseyc09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For $60 a tube, I expected this product to something... anything! I saw absolutely no difference in fine line or acne marks. What a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Xtina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a set with the Purity face wash and HIAJ which I also love. Since using the set I've noticed my red blotchy cheeks and chin have toned way down, my skin is more even and bright. It also seems to really control my oily t-zone as well. I used to get really dry and flaky skin around the creases of my nose and on my chin right below my lower lip but now it's nice and smooth. I have noticed that my freckles and some brown spots on my cheeks seem to have become more noticeable but it could be because the dead skin cells are sloughing off and my new skin is a little lighter. As others have said you don't need to use much product to cover your entire face just a pea sized amount does the job for me. All in all I am very satisfied with the results I've seen so far and it's only been about 3 to 4 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

I was looking for something to help my moderate acne and clogged pores, and this was recommended to me by a beauty advisor at ulta. My results have been slow, but good. The effectiveness was amplified when used in conjunction with the clindamycin topical anti-biotic gel my doctor perscribed. I have also seen the faint, thin lines on my forehead diminish. My cystic pimples have become way less frequent, my pores aren't clogged, and my mild/moderate acne has disappeared. Also, some mild acne scars have begun to fade. I am now on my third tube, and plan on keeping this staple in my arsenal. *** I still love this product but I now use it on the occasional nights when I feel Poetry in Lotion is too drying. This is still a great product, but Poetry in lotion in my HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SkySapphire

The tube is tiny, but a little goes a long way. I used it for months, and I still have plenty left. It helped reduce my hyperpigmentation spots a lot, but after a while it stopped working as effectively, to the point where I didn't see any continued improvement. I originally used it every day, and now I'm waiting out a few months to let my skin get used to operating without it to see if I can kick-start the spot-fading again. We'll see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the ultimate multi tasking face product. It moisturizes, tightens my pores, has reduced blackheads and breakouts, and helped the fine lines I'm starting to have. I can't believe how amazing this is. It might seem like a small amount of product for the price, but a little dab can cover your whole face, and it's definitely worth it. Not strong, irritating, or drying. Overall a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512