July 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing!!! I use this as my day moisturizer because it's very light and absorbs quickly. After using this cream for about a month I've noticed big changes in my skin. My complexion is brighter and more even, decreased redness, smaller pores, no dry patches, skin has cleared up, lines around my eyes and lips softened. I use less foundation now because my skin is in such great condition. Even when I take my make up off my skin is beautiful! I LOVE it!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Leajer424

I'm using the "Night" cream with no SPF. I was using Retin-a for years without much result for my acne. I've been on Accutane twice and was put on the Retin-a after my last round of it two years ago. My scrip ran out and in order to get another written, my derm said I'd have to come in for another appointment. I decided to try something OTC with Retinol (Retinal is a Vitamin A derivative like Tretinoin- the ingredient in Retin-A, but is supposed to be less strong).
I don't know if the Retin-A was stronger and more irritating and therefore exacerbated my acne, but this cream made a huge difference in comparison.
What's also awesome about it is that it's a moisturizing cream and, unlike Retin-A, I don't need to put a moisturizer on after it (another reason it may work better).
I rated the packaging with a 3 b/c the metal the tubing is made out of is weak, and if you squeeze it the wrong way, it will crack open...retinol breaks down in light and so it's important for the package to be opaque and not break open. I've learned how to squeeze it so that it doesn't break, but just be careful, and put tape on it or something if it does break open.

*Edit--I've stopped using this to see if it was contributing to clogging my pores. Plus, I want to see if my 30 yr old skin will balance out it's turnover rate on its own... This cream does have Cetearyl Alcohol in it, which is rated a 2 out of 5 on the comedogenicity scale. I used it for 2 months.

*Another Edit--Ok, so my skin broke out increasingly over the days after I quit using it. I started back putting a thin layer all over my face, and my face cleared up...not perfectly, but I don't think anything will do that for me. Apparently it's good stuff for me, and I'm going to continue using it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin has never looked better since I started using this cream! It's only been a week since I bought it, and already my pores look smaller, any acne I had has cleared up, and my complexion is noticeably brighter and healthier looking. I read Paula's review of this product, and even though she recommended it more for normal to dry skin, I thought I'd give this a try anyway. And it hasn't bothered or exaggerated my oily skin at all. Actually, it seems to be helping! I can't comment on how good it is at fighting wrinkles, though, because I only bought it for that fact that it contains retinol. I use this in the morning only and am always sure to layer sunscreen and a foundation with sunscreen over top so the retinol remains stable. And from my experience, I've found it to be really gentle; no irritation or redness whatsoever. And this is the first time I've tried a product with retinol. Definitely recommend this moisturizer, and am almost certainly going to repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mederos1

I Looove This Cream !!
I have a couple of dark spots on my cheek area and after 3 weeks I have notice that they are Starting to fade five star rating from me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Even Paula recommends this as a good retinol product. It is gentle and simple, but still with some goodies such as green tea. Good for normal skin. I am 20, still somewhat acne-prone; I have oilier skin but I use this around my eyes. My mom has more mature, dehydrated skin and uses this all over. We both really like the texture but can't comment on results; for me, it's mostly preventative anti-aging, and for my mom, since she also does peels, it's hard to say what is causing her skin improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This is a great anti-wrinkle cream and it does wonders for my melasma. I have some melasma above my lip and on my forehead and it fades within a week of using this cream consistently. I can tell the next day whenever I use this cream because my skin looks so dewy and fresh, not like the other retinol creams which leave me feeling dry and red. My only complaint is the packaging - as I near the end of the tube it becomes hard to squeeze out and the metal can start to deteriorate and break open if squeezed too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lokid

This is a gentle retinol cream that actually works w/o causing all the problems that come w/ RX retinol products I used in the past. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and this didn't cause any issues, and helped clear out pores and stop acne from forming. I saw changes in my skin tone after a week of use and noticed a glow. This has NO smells. The fine lines around my eyes have softened, I hope in a few months they soften even more. This review is for the night version.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ladycatscry

I gave this product a 4 rating. I think it has helped keep my skin clear, but it has not done much for my uneven skintone or for the fine lines under my eyes. I have light green eyes that are very sensitive to light, so I squint a lot if I am not wearing my sunglasses (and sometimes even if I am) so I have developed fine lines under my eyes. I will continue to buy it because my skin is very clear now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by katherine1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the store 3 weeks ago, I was looking for a new anti-aging cream since my other one ran out that was terrible, I was picky this time, and I chose the "cheap", and let me tell ya that after 2 weeks, my friend started noticing great results in my skin, and complemented it! I WAS SO HAPPY! I got one for her, and she loved it. I am so buying it again, the downside is it is soooooo creamy you have to spread it out in other areas like your neck. Overall, it is GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was unfortunate to have oily, sensitive, large-pored, acne skin with fine lines. ( I'm 37). Thanks mom and dad! I have tried numerous skin treatments from department stores, drug stores, Retin A prescription. Products for sensitive and fine line skin are way too greasy. products for oily, large-pored, acne skin are way too harsh. For some strange reason, Retin A didn't do much and I've been on it for quite some time. I decided to try this cream after reading review by Paula Begeoun. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

The texture of the cream is more like gel-cream. It is not greasy at all. I applied the cream and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, my skin felt smoother and my cyctic acne had shrunk by 50%! I never had such good results in the past, not even with Retin A. My skin didn't sting (it is very sensitive, even before I started Retin a treatment).

I have been using this cream twice a day for 2 weeks. My fine lines are less noticeable and my skin continues to improve. In the morning, I apply Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunblock spf 45 over the cream. I live in sunny southern california and I use sunblock with spf of at least 30 all year round. Since I started using this cream, I had 1 new tiny zit ( hormonal). The zit cleared up in 2 days.

For all you ladies who experienced dryness, you can apply this cream and then apply a moisturizer over it. If Neutrogena changes the formula and add more emollient, us gals with my type of skin wouldn't be able to use it.

I have been searching for the perfect skin treatment since my teens! I finally found it. I hope Neutrogena will never stop making it or change anything. It is excellent the way it is!