April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Even Paula recommends this as a good retinol product. It is gentle and simple, but still with some goodies such as green tea. Good for normal skin. I am 20, still somewhat acne-prone; I have oilier skin but I use this around my eyes. My mom has more mature, dehydrated skin and uses this all over. We both really like the texture but can't comment on results; for me, it's mostly preventative anti-aging, and for my mom, since she also does peels, it's hard to say what is causing her skin improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This is a great anti-wrinkle cream and it does wonders for my melasma. I have some melasma above my lip and on my forehead and it fades within a week of using this cream consistently. I can tell the next day whenever I use this cream because my skin looks so dewy and fresh, not like the other retinol creams which leave me feeling dry and red. My only complaint is the packaging - as I near the end of the tube it becomes hard to squeeze out and the metal can start to deteriorate and break open if squeezed too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lokid

This is a gentle retinol cream that actually works w/o causing all the problems that come w/ RX retinol products I used in the past. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and this didn't cause any issues, and helped clear out pores and stop acne from forming. I saw changes in my skin tone after a week of use and noticed a glow. This has NO smells. The fine lines around my eyes have softened, I hope in a few months they soften even more. This review is for the night version.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ladycatscry

I gave this product a 4 rating. I think it has helped keep my skin clear, but it has not done much for my uneven skintone or for the fine lines under my eyes. I have light green eyes that are very sensitive to light, so I squint a lot if I am not wearing my sunglasses (and sometimes even if I am) so I have developed fine lines under my eyes. I will continue to buy it because my skin is very clear now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by katherine1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the store 3 weeks ago, I was looking for a new anti-aging cream since my other one ran out that was terrible, I was picky this time, and I chose the "cheap", and let me tell ya that after 2 weeks, my friend started noticing great results in my skin, and complemented it! I WAS SO HAPPY! I got one for her, and she loved it. I am so buying it again, the downside is it is soooooo creamy you have to spread it out in other areas like your neck. Overall, it is GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was unfortunate to have oily, sensitive, large-pored, acne skin with fine lines. ( I'm 37). Thanks mom and dad! I have tried numerous skin treatments from department stores, drug stores, Retin A prescription. Products for sensitive and fine line skin are way too greasy. products for oily, large-pored, acne skin are way too harsh. For some strange reason, Retin A didn't do much and I've been on it for quite some time. I decided to try this cream after reading review by Paula Begeoun. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

The texture of the cream is more like gel-cream. It is not greasy at all. I applied the cream and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, my skin felt smoother and my cyctic acne had shrunk by 50%! I never had such good results in the past, not even with Retin A. My skin didn't sting (it is very sensitive, even before I started Retin a treatment).

I have been using this cream twice a day for 2 weeks. My fine lines are less noticeable and my skin continues to improve. In the morning, I apply Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunblock spf 45 over the cream. I live in sunny southern california and I use sunblock with spf of at least 30 all year round. Since I started using this cream, I had 1 new tiny zit ( hormonal). The zit cleared up in 2 days.

For all you ladies who experienced dryness, you can apply this cream and then apply a moisturizer over it. If Neutrogena changes the formula and add more emollient, us gals with my type of skin wouldn't be able to use it.

I have been searching for the perfect skin treatment since my teens! I finally found it. I hope Neutrogena will never stop making it or change anything. It is excellent the way it is!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been this happy with a face cream and it's only been a few weeks. All I wanted was a product with some retinol in it for night time use because I hear it's important for helping prevent wrinkles at my age. So I was very surprised to instead notice a huge improvement in the look of my skin. I notice some of my tougher acne scars are really fading, my skin tone is more evened out and a little bit brighter. I have had no new pimple since starting this and that of course helps with the battle against my scars since I scar very easily at the mere tingle of a new pimple. I really can't believe how fast this product has worked for me. Today was the first day I felt I could be confident leaving the house without foundation on. My skin is far from flawless but it's at a level where I don't feel like I need to cover it up when in public. I hope this product keeps impressing me and doesnt ware out. Im almost thinking of buying the one with SPF in it for day time use. Oh also I have pretty sensitive skin and I really don't feel any irritation and I'm not skimping on the amount that I put on my face. I'm thinking of trying this on my stretch marks.. maybe it will help fade them more. This is pretty expensive IMO up here in Canada... it's in the $23-$25 CDN range everywhere where I looked except for Walmart where I found it for $14 CDN... craziness.. why the huge difference??

Anyways I'll have to do an update on this after using it for a longer stretch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This was the very first anti-aging product I tried. I had good results, though at the time, in my 20's, I had no lines, just combination skin. However I give this a good rating because it never broke me out, nor caused irritation both of which I have been prone to all my life. I would use it again and find it to be a very good starter anti aging product for a younger person, also effective for other ages who want something eay to find, non irritating, and otc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rach2111

LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturiser! I'm onto my second tube and it's great. Doesn't break me out, helps to keep my skin clear and at 26 is dealing to those first little wrinkles too. Defintely alternate between this and your regular moisturuser if you are just starting though as it can dry out your skin, but I use it every morning - and sometimes at night - and have no issues with dryness. Totally recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by durvinmcnurvin

I actually bought this product because I read so many reviews on the way it cleared up some people acne problems and their skin tone. Let me say honestly this is the best product I've tried so far, although I'm not sure about it actually working for wrinkles I can say it has cleared my acne and given my skin such a nice even tone!! The best part is I've only been using it for a week!

What I do is use neutrogena skin polishing acne cleanser in the morning(which is just a salicylic acid treatment of 0.5%) then at night wash my face with neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser(nothing harsh in that, basically just a makeup remover) then apply the neutrogena anti wrinkle cream.
Best purchase I've made so far!