October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not know how I lived without this. Let me start off with, my nails and cuticles SUCK. I have been biting my nails since I was in the womb (I'm almost 18 :P) BUT I have since kicked my disgusting habit and my nails are growing longer and stronger. However, to keep myself from nibbling on them, I ALWAYS have to have polish on.

For the past couple weeks I have been using trimmers to cut back my cuticles. After about the 9 millionth time of making myself bleed I was done. I had seen this product being used by a makeup guru (aLoveTart) on youtube and decided to grab it. I found it for less than five dollars at my local Target.

ENOUGH RAMBLING ONTO THE REVIEW:

IT. WORKS. AND. I. LOVE. IT.

After sitting for around 30 seconds I gently pushed the goo off of my cuticles and was shocked with how much came off! Needless to say, my cuticles have never looked better. BUT even though it works well you can't use it too often! It even says so on the bottle!

Overall I am extremely impressed and see many more of these in my future! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

I'm sure there are other products out there that do the same thing as this, but this is the first (only one) I've ever purchased and it does exactly what it "claims" it will do... I can't ask for more then that!

I will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jesikah6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I borrowed this product from a dear friend when I had inadvertently failed to pack my usual brand in my manicure kit. I was completely blown away by how effective this product was! I followed the directions to the letter...letting it sit for 15 seconds only. Fifteen seconds was just enough time to eat away the true cuticle without damaging the eponychium. I only had two small spots that needed to be nippered after I had rinsed/scraped everything away and that probably could've been avoided if I had either A) soaked my nails a little longer or B) left the cuticle remover on a few seconds longer. Either way, Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover did a far better job than my normal go-to cuticle remover. I loved the gel consistency of the remover itself and the bottle with applicator tip was great, allowing me to place just enough cuticle remover precisely where I needed it. If there was a fragrance to this remover, I didn't notice, which is a good thing since I prefer fragrance free products to allow my perfume to take center stage. I will definitely be switching to this...sooner rather than later!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by pokasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Does as what it promises! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by DagnyEvelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This worked well for me. Left it on 15 seconds, pushed my cuticles back with a plastic pusher. Definitely use a cream/oil on your cuticles afterwards, but I'd recommend this, no doubt.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This works, but unfortunately it causes my nailbeds to peel like crazy. I pile on the cuticle cream whenever I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by oolm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just amazing. Really works as described, and doesn't leave my nails dry. I feel like I've had a manicure after using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by chevycamarolvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't tried many cuticle removers, but after using this I don't think I need to. It's effective and works quickly. It keeps my cuticles in top shape. I can tell when I've gone too long between uses as my cuticles will start to get overgrown and begin to catch/tear on things. I absolutely love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by conniemaks5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many cuticle removers throughout the years and this is the one I feel is the best. It works quickly and does a great job. I am a mother of 5 with a very busy life, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to my nails and cuticles, but I want them to look nice. I would recommend this product. I don't even look for another brand because I don't want to waste my money. I use cuticle cream afterward to keep my cuticles soft and hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

I use this product semi-regularly to keep my cuticles cleaned up. I never had a real issue with cuticles until recently. I regularly push them back but it stopped helping. This stuff has helped me keep them cleaner and more smooth making my DIY manicures much easier. It's been an amazing improvement on my toes as well. I love this stuff.