July 30, 2014 | 1950 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

I like this oil. I find it works best when mixed with another lotion (I like to mix it with Lubriderm). It helps to keep your skin hydrated, rather than re-hydrating, so I find using it right after washing or with another lotion is best. If I'm applying it to my body I will mix it with Lubriderm unscented. If I am using it on my face I just apply a drop or too right after i dry my face. I find the scent nice and non-irritating. My face looks more plump when I use this. The oil sinks in and it's not too shiny after it sinks in for a minute. I like it a lot and will repurchase when I need to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last year as part of my winter skin care routine because I tend to get really dry skin and since I heard so many good things about this I decided to buy it.

I used it for a month and it was just awful. Since it's an oil I only used it at night before going to bed. It did not break me out at all but it didn't do anything for my skin either.
My skin wasn't able to absorb any of the oil and in the morning my skin would be just as dry as the night before.

I haven't tried it out on scars so I don't know if it can lighten scars and stretch marks but as far as dry skin is concerned this is just overhyped crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynntaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Breakout!! This made me break out terribly! Not one or two pimples here or there but caused littles pimples under my skins surface. Which would look awful in sun light. It has taken me a little over a month to get my skin back. This was a total rip off and ruined my skin. I do not recommend this to anybody. So please save your money. Now this crap is just taking up space in my drawer. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by raverockababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had tried this time and again thinking that I maybe using the product in a manner which does not effectively show the potential of this product. I must say I had confirmed this is one of the worst product investment I had made, having paid $15 for product which i really had not much usage as it caused my oily/sensitive/combi skin to burn and peel even though I only put 2 drops on my face the night before. A definite-no for sensitive-acne prone skin folks like myself. I would probably only re-use this item for my dry callused feet and perhaps treat it as a cuticle oil. Yes, it's that bad for me...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* PRODUCT - Bio-Oil

* REVIEW - This product is touted as a multi-use beauty oil and is heavily advertised on TV and radio here. My parapharmacy was having a promo recently and Bio-Oil was heavily discounted and almost free so I decided I woould give it a try. I am a BIG fan of multi-use oils. I have used many beauty oils like Nuxe (my HG), Caudalie, Vichy, etc. and I am a firm believer in multi-use oils. However, this product left me rather disappointed. Firstly, unlike most dry oils I've tried this does not penetrate quickly at all. It feels very oily and it ends up making my skin feel greasy, not soft. Secondly, the formulation is rather comedegenic and is not suitable for use on the face. I tried but ended up having to use it on my hands and body after showering. Thirdly, it is heavily fragranced. I am not a fragrance-phobe at all; I do appreciate a nice scent but the perfume in this product is strongly synthetic and artificial. The fragrance is not an elegant or sophisticated scent like the Nuxe or Caudalie oils. Fourthly, contrary to advertising claims, I noticed absolutely no improvement in scars, stretch marks, age spots, etc. And forget about using this on the hair! Finally, I do not think this oil is worth the price, no matter how discounted it may be. As a body oil, I prefer to use regular baby oil --- cheaper and works just as well. As a facial oil, the quality and results just does not compare to a beauty oil like Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse or 100% cold-pressed argan oil.

* PACKAGING - Simple 60 ml. round plastic bottle.

* PRICE - Under 10 EUR. Available at pharmacies and parapharmacies. Whenever possible, test first and also remember to ask the pharmacien(nne) for free product samples.

* VERDICT - Overall, this product was a disappointment for me. Therefore, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is...okay. I don't really feel like it does anything :/ It's an oil, so it's going to be moisturizing. However, it's not a miracle product like some people make it out to be. It's kind of a waste of money. I would not buy this again. Bio oil contains mainly mineral oil which isn't that good for your skin. It also contains a lot of other filler chemicals.

If you really want to reduce scars...buy pure vitamin E oil.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

It didn't lighten my scars or stretch marks. All it did was make my face paler, not cute. It also left me greasy and most likely clogged my pores. I broke out on my face. It doesn't blend into my skin either, just lays on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the largest size bottle of this with high hopes but I ended up being very disappointed and ended up returning it. It's too heavily fragranced and it clogged my pores around my nasal cheek area something fierce every time I used it, and I checked many times - the Bio oil was the culprit. I did not notice any difference in my skin tone. I think this stuff is overhyped. A few drops of my pure vitamin E oil and organic jojoba oil mixed together are both colourant and fragrance free, unlike this stuff, so I'll stick with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by thaouyen09

This product done any work for me. It doesn't fade my scars from acne or stretch marks. But I do love the smell of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CutiePieJeannie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like Bio oil, but i think it works kind of slow, don't like texture, & it was like my face got used to it after a while going right back to how it used to be