Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 1/21/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this for days when I want a natural look. It gives an amazing glow to my eye area and blends fairly well, though I don't care for the sponge tip applicator. It basically sucks and doesn't help with blending. All I need is mascara or eyeliner to add more depth and I'm set. It is very affordable and can be used to highlight

on 1/1/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Today was my first time using this trio, even though I bought it a long time ago. Let me just say this trio is amazing and gorgeous. I use the middle shade all over my lid, the darker brown in my crease, and the last one on the right as a brow bone highlight. I absolutely love this trio!

on 12/29/2012 8:09:00 PM

This trio is great for beginners! Very neutral shimmery colours.

The first highlight shade is a very shimmery white-champaign color. Great for the brow bone or inner corner. The only "bad thing" is that it can be too shimmery.

The second color is gorgeous! It is like a really light coffee color with again shimmers. I like to use this as and all over lid and it has almost no creasing, which is great.

The last colour in this trio seems like a medium-dark brown with shimmers, but when applied to the lid or swatched it is very similar to the second colour, just a little bit darker. personally i am not a hudge fan because its too light for a crease but I prefer the second colour for the lid.

Overall this lives up to the name of "shimmering sands" but may be a bit too much shimmers if used at the same time. This is not a trio I would use for a whole eye look.

on 12/1/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great drugstore eye trio! I usually only use higher end eyeshadows because they're usually better pigmented, and last longer on the eyes, but this trio is quite the exception. I absolutely love this. Especially in the mornings for work. Great colors for the office. Super pigmented and great color combination.

on 11/7/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite neutral pallete! Slap me twice and call me Sally, but I think I like this one more than Walking on Eggshells. The two are relatively similar, but to me, Shimmering Sands is a bit less chalky (WoE isn't that chalky, but SS is less so), has a better brown shade, and it has a huge winner of a highlighter shade. No, seriously, the highlighter is what makes this palette for me. It's SO versatile! I use it on my brownbone, down the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, and even on my cheekbones (I apply it with a blush brush there). It lasts ALL DAY.
Some cons, though: The packaging is balls, and the six dollar price tag is more or less evident of just paying for the name- the packaging and amount of product don't warrant any higher than about three bucks. Something else that might be a con, but doesn't bother me: these shadows are very shimmery. I mean, one should expect that due to the palette's name, but ya know. I prefer shimmery shadows (they make my eyes seem more three-dimensional than with mattes), but others may not like the shimmer.
Other than my little gripes, this palette is goshdang wonderful. Totally worth a shot!

on 10/15/2012 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a cool toned palette, which looks nice on my blue eyes. However, the shadows are too soft and blend out to the same shade. Hardly any pigmentation. Same issues as with the Cafe Au Lait trio.

on 10/12/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful cool toned everyday neutrals:

-Left shade is the warmest of all 3, bronze brown with gold shimmer
-Middle is a soft taupe, with silver shimmer (most wearable for me)
-Right is a pearlescent pink, appears silver on me

I use the Left in my crease & outer v, the middle as all over lid & right as a higlight under my brows & inner tear ducts. I've used the Left shade under my lower lash to smudge as liner, the middle shade alone as a wash of color, & the right on the bridge of my nose & cupids bow so MULTI FUNCTIONAL.

When I first tried this trio I was disappointed at the pigmentation & wondered how tan/dark skin girls raved of it since it barely showed on my NC25 skin. Then I realized its meant for a daytime, soft, barely there look, to enhance effortless beauty. If your looking for a smokey, bang, cut crease look this isn't for you. This palette has grown on me & I keep it in my purse/car to touch up & get a quick polished look. 3 simple shades in 1, very handy!

on 10/9/2012 7:32:00 PM

The colors are pretty but they are not pigmented at all. I was not a fan of this trio. Sorry CoverGirl.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a great trio for beginners and pros!
The three colors make a great neutral look. This was the first eyeshadow trio I've ever purchased and I've used up two trios of this! The light color is a great highlight and inner corner color. The middle shade was my staple, it's great alone and on the lid and blended in the crease for a more natural day. The darkest shade is a great crease and outer V color. It's not as pigmented and smooth as the other two but still workable.

Reccomemd to anyone:)

on 9/4/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette. I feel like this would be pretty on anyone no matter what age, from a girl getting her first makeup to a grandma! Also great for any occassion because you can make it really light and natural for school or work, and add more of the darker shade in the crease and add some more dramatic eyeliner and falsies for a night out. This is just such a great simple palette that is good for anything. I highly reccomend it for Anyone! And it's so inexpensive and easy to get your hands on. LOVE IT!

Video Reviews & Tutorials