October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I completely agree with the previous reviewer that this eyeshadow is beautiful in the pan only. On the eyelid, the shimmer/glitter is very obvious, it separates and falls off, and all that's left is an almost black/grey colour - not the colour I had expected or hoped for. The texture is also very scratchy. I 'Back to MAC'd this having only used it a couple of times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AudreyElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really love this shadow, I find it to be a beautiful color especially when wet. Having said that... I bought it specifically for a smokey eye because I could tell that it was going to be dark (I swatched before buying) and it looked GORGEOUS in the pan. If I runout, I'll probably repurchase, however I think it'll take a long time for that to happen as a little goes a very long way. I don't think this is for everyone but for me, it's a beautiful alternative to just plain ol' black.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful in pan only, turns black upon application. I can't get with any product that I have to "do things to" to make them appear to be the way I think they should/the way they present themselves in their raw forms. This is one I wish I had not purchased.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, Beauty Marked! Never has a product inspired such frustration and wonder!

I too was enamoured by the way it looked in the pan only to bring it home, try it on my lid (over a Urban Decay Primer Potion) and have it look...black. D'oh!

Away to youtube I went, where I found several tutorials on "how to make Beauty Marked work" and can finally get the results I wanted. I use it over a black, purple or white base (think NYX jumbo pencils) and/or I foil it. Only then can you see the beautiful red glitter flecks.

I'm giving it only 3 because though I can make it go on beautifully, it takes a bit of work to get it there and I feel a bit limited on how I can use it in that it absolutely must be foiled or applied over a base.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is so misleading in the pan. It looks like a black with eggplant/cranberry/purple shimmer. If only that was the way it appeared on the lid! It would make for a very impressive black smoky eye with a purple sparke to it. Well the color payoff is next to nothing, it goes on dull and dusty with a few chunks of glitter spread here and there, with massive fallout. The black of the pan doesn't look black on the lid, just a dirty uneven graffiti shade, and the purple shimmer looks just like random sparkles blown all over you. Hugely disappointed by this one. Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nasty eyeshadow. At this moment I am speaking with an Mua on the Mac website, and she is trying to let me know how to work it.
Seriously, why did I buy it?
Heres what she said
Groundwork will work great beneath! Use Beauty Marked as a smoky shade. Use a pressing motion, rather than a sweeping motion to pack in onto the lid.
I know most of u have groundwork, so u can try it....dont know if I would though

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow is so misleading it's so pretty in the pan. But when you put it on your eye its just a black eyeshadow with some glitter. The texture of the eyeshadow is crap its really chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by laraas

This was a problem at first but now I've worked out a way to get the most out of it. Use it with a black base and the gorgeous red-purple shimmer appears! Finally, it looks the way it should on my eyes. I use bobbi brown's black gel liner but mac does a black paintpot which should work too!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was after this product for the longest time. I asked multiple people to swap, tried to find it on eBay. Finally, out of frustration I just went and bought it at my counter. (I always order pans online.)

I was so disappointed. It's GORGEOUS in the pan, it doesn't transfer well. It's nearly black. I love admiring it in the pan to get rid of it, plus, it's the only eyeshadow I paid the full $15 for. hah.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by AbbyRoad

It is very pretty in the pan, but it does lose its color on the lid.
I don't plan on buying again simply because I don't use it all
that often. I'm going to completly give up it right now though
as I want to try it with diffent primers.