August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really sweet fragrance to me. Almost overpowering in a way. but it does smell good on others when it settles down! It is a floral oriental but it is very sweet to me at first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

To my nose, this fragrance is very sweet. Not bright sweet like Gucci Flora, but a warm sweet. It is so sweet on me, in fact, that it is overripe. I'm not detecting the individual peach or apricot, nor am I detecting enough of the florals. It is blended together quite thoroughly, but I can't stand the sweetness. It mellows out a little into a slight powdery-creamy version of itself, where I can actually detect that pineapple note. Not bad, but not one I would really wear.

Edit: Although I'm keeping the rating, I've changed my mind about liking this one. It is growing on me, has become less sweet and more interesting.

Edit: I've upped the rating to 4 and am searching for a (preferably) vintage bottle. This works much, much better in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by irmos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It was a very generous and kind gift from a very gracious long-time friend but I cannot bear this fragrance. I'm with the people who scrubbed and scrubbed to get it off. Does it ever stick. On me it's heavy, suffocating, and sickly sweet. I tried giving it to my mum who is 78 and it was a no-go for her as well. Still looking for a friend whose chemistry works with this fragrance as it's a very large bottle. I also don't like the appearance. It's too yellow/orange.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

I love Tresor! And not only me, it's the one perfume that ALL men I know like without a single exception. It's memorable, unique and gorgeous. Mind you, not for young girls. This is a true lady scent :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by blplea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I LOVE Tresor! I can easily detect its peach notes. For me, the peach notes are what give this perfume its character, and I always feel sophisticated and feminine when I wear it. It also does NOT smell ...powdery to me - I don't do powdery. As far as it being an 'old lady' fragrance, I don't get that either. It kinda reminds me of peach schnapps with a twist of feminine sophistication. Scent is SO personal - but for me, this one's a timeless classic.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jerseyvalen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love rose scents. Most of the scents I like would be called old lady by my peers. But this is old lady to me. I don't even think it smells like a good old lady either. I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy or her grandmum.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkmakeupgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very mature fragrance. I will love this fragrance, I will buy old, established fragrances, nothing new and popular again for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The reformulated Tresor smells beautiful. Most fragrances give me an instant headache. This does not. EDIT: I have since learned that the fragrance I have and love is called "Tresor Sheer" It smells alot like Tresor In Love in my opinion but a bit more subtle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Notes: vanilla and metallic sandalwood. No hint of the touted peach/apricot or rose. A soft powdery fragrance suitable for a lovely lady in her 70's or 80's +. But definitely elderly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Notes: Rose, lily of the valley, lilac, peach

I’m not a fan of florals however I like distinctive fragrances and Tresor falls into that category. I totally agree with previous reviewer that lot of younger women nowdays just smell like latest ear de whatever which smells like everything and everyone else. I still remember when Tresor first came out, I was pretty young but I really did like it. My mom used to wear it too so sometimes I steal spray or two from her bottle.
If you used to wearing fruity water or the usual generic crap that is so popular, you will probably think this is “old lady smell” or that its “powdery”(it doesn’t smell powdery at all-this is coming from someone who dislikes powdery frags), or my personal favorite”smells like carrots”. I’m inclined to think that that particular reviewer have never eaten or smelled carrots before.
It’s a warm feminine floral scent that has a definitely whiff of peach which is all good for me since I love peaches. This is one of the few florals that I can see wearing in the cold weather because its rather potent. Mind you, it doesn’t lash out and hit you full in the face(unlike Angel). It lingers and whispers, bringing to mind high tea in the garden, floral dresses and big hats. Its not something I wear often but when I do, I feel very nostalgic and longing for the “good old days”(from my life, that is)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No