August 23, 2014 | 935 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by msshelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for something to give me more coverage for my undereye circles, and I came across a blog where someone suggested this product. I've never used Bare Escentuals before, because I heard horror stories about mineral foundations. I went ahead and purchased it, and it's honestly the best purchase I've made in so long! I use a Sonia Kashuk small powder brush and apply under my eyes and on the lid. It is very brightening, and gives an amazing finish that lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

Yes, it works as an eyeshadow or as a brightener, great colour! (As a concealer I prefer liquids: powders settle in fine lines.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This a yellow based powder concealer, and it gives the best coverage compared to anything I have ever used. I wouldn't say I have the worst under eye cirles you've ever seen or terrible darkness but once in a while I like to have that brightness under my eyes so I dig this out and apply it over my Mary Kay beige 1 concealer. I don't reach for it everyday, only for special times or when I don't wear my glasses. I have tried several brushes and nothing really seemed to work wonders until I purchased the BE Soft Focus Eyeshadow brush and I bought it strictly to use for Well Rested. I do have to use quite a bit of product to get the desired effect and after applied I think it can look a little overdone at times. It's hard for me to put into words the exact problem I have but sometimes I think I look sunburned. You know when your cheeks get burned but the skin around your eyes does not? did that make sense. Ok well anyhow I find it works better if I apply it before my blush so as not to get that look. Ok, with that said I would buy this again since I found the perfect brush and technique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The overall rating says it all. Listen. I'm no fan of the mineral foundation and the only reason I started using this is because I received Well-Rested in a kit which I purchased for the brushes! I've never had issues with dark circles under my eyes, but the inside corners of my eyes, near my nose are dark. I decided to try it out and OMG--this covers that blueish area perfectly. I was unsure of the color, but I'll tell you this works like a charm. Well-rested is now a part of my every-day grooming routine. Even on my "no-make-up-stinky-hog" days, I use this and my eyes look fresh and vibrant. At my age now--well, that means a lot! The price of this is great as well. Blendablilty is magnificant--I never thought a mineral powder would end up being so smooth and non-ashey. In fact--the kit in which the Well-rested came with also contained this "faux tan" mineral powder which I use as an eye shadow-Yes. Eye shadow and a teensey bit goes a long way. I do have Vanilla Sugar ES which I'm "meh" about but I will try out other shadows by this brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow.... I haven't written a review for nearly half a year and this product has brought me back. This is my first review for 2011! Ok now to the product.... geez, I'm pretty blown away by that fact that my BB concealer/powder has been beat. Once my HG, my BB concealer/powder has now been retired by BE Well Rested... my routine is now 1) BB corrector first, and then 2) BE Well Rested. My under eye circles not only disappear, but I look extra awake and truly well rested. I also use it near my nose to cover slight redness, on the bridge of my nose to highlight, and on my cheekbones to lift as well (however, I am a NC20). LOVE. Take heed not too use too much though; once it starts piling up it can look fake/cakey. Use a light hand is my advice, and I use a fluffy blending brush for this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy Grail for my dark circles! I look fresh and awake! Love and have repurchased numerous times!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kittymadam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had panda eyes since middle school and there hasn't been an under eye concealer that worked for me... until I discovered this!

You look at the color and at first you are unsure of if the color will work for you. I have light skin, and it worked out REALLY well.

I put it on one side and then compared it to the other and I can tell there was a drastic difference! Best of all, it works well with my other BE foundations and mineral veil.

I suggest using the concealer brush that comes with the Basic Kit, as it is just the right size.

And for those of you who plan to use the product, don't forget to dab this on the medial angle of the eye, the inner section of your eye that is closest to the bridge of your nose. That is the area that usually gives you the sunken look when you have dark circles, but people always forget about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product a lot during my time as a makeup artist. LOVE IT! Perfect for if you are wanting coverage without that feeling of being covered in a lot of makeup. I like that it feels natural and looks natural at the same time. I was able to use it on many skin issues. Worth the buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HOLY GRAIL for under eye concealer! Works better than anything I've ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by stephteph

This is the best undereye concealer I have ever used! It brightens the overall look of my eyes and compliments the other bare minerals products I use. I will definitely buy it again! I did, however, give it a 3 for packaging because the product comes out really fast.