October 25, 2014 | 932 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It clears up my blemishes well. I dab it on wherever there is a pimple. I use this three times a day or else it won't work at all. I also use it to prevent shine on my face. And it lasts a long time. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 1:49:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Clinique's Acne Solutions Emergency Gel Lotion for what seems like forever. More accurately, ever since reading Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" and discovering that the Clinique product was recommended by her for acne. She also recommends this Mary Kay product because they're both 5% Benzoyl Peroxide in a non-irritating base. However; I didn't know anyone who sold it and I always stocked up on the Clinique product during their GWP promotions. I finally swapped for this and I noticed that this is very light and it the texture is a light gel/lotion. (Unlike the Clinique version which is more of a cream then a gel or a lotion.) Anyways, BP is something I use daily to kill the bacteria that causes acne, thus preventing it. I would apply it to my nose, chin, near my hair line and anywhere that I had a pimple. Each time I used this, instead of the Clinique product, I had something to show for it and not in a good way. I had added redness, itching and sometimes even a rash! It took me a while to figure out because I would use whichever one I reached for first. It seems like my skin hates this stuff:( According to Miss Begoun, it's in a non-irritating base, so I'm not sure why my skin reacts this way to it. I don't have the box, but it does smell like it has added fragrance in it ( I know that Clinique does not). If it has fragrance, I would bet that is the culprit. If your skin is sensitive, be careful with this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Littlel07

Works great! Was a little expensive.. I will probably go with something from a drug store before buying this again even though i had great results... Like to purchase at will not through a rep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, now this is a very good product. I have quite clear skin, but this is what I do to keep it that way. I run a very cold cloth or an ice cube over my t-zone...nose and chin especially. This helps to open the pores so that when I apply the acne treatment gel, it penetrates better to help unclog my pores. I then use a glycolic gel over top and then a light moisturizer. I got this from the book The Acne Cure, even though I don't have an acne problem. It really helps my skin look soft, smooth, radiant and clear. I have used this gel as a spot treatment on the occasional blemish, too. Lovely product, not too drying. There are so many harsh products out there now, this is a delight to have in my stash of skincare staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by blackmagicwoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this. I don't break out hardly at all but when i do it's just one or two blemishes here and there. and if i just dab this on them as much as i can for a couple days, they disappear fast. it's perfect if i catch them before they're really there, they don't have a chance to.the container is okay, it's in a tube that you squeeze. the cream is clear and not very thick at all, and blends in well.you don't need very much so it lasts awhile. for people like me, who just get a few zits here and there, this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am 35 years old. I having been using Mary Kay products since I was 22 years old. I have used the acne treatment gel all these years (a few times deviating to other stuff...bad idea). I like the MK acne treatment gel over the drugstore stuff because it is not as thick when you apply it, it is clear. I thought I would go to a drugstore line for cleanser, toner, moisturizer and acne creme. My face went into total revolt. Zits everywhere! Went back to MK line (specifically acne treatment gel), zits disappeared within 2 days!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using benzoyl peroxide for a long time to treat breakouts; however, I started out with the 10% prescription stuff. Then I realized I could get 5% (which is just as effective without being so drying) benzoyl peroxide from Mary Kay for a great price (especially because my mom is a director in MK). This stuff is great, but I go through it super-fast. Anyway, I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by clover4433

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I discovered Mary Kay products about a year ago, and I'm slowly converting all my skin care products to this line. I get hormonal breakouts, and this gel dries up pimples in about 2 days. I apply the gel once a day. I do get some flakiness after the pimple dries up, but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by euncadiente

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I usually get spots in the same places on my face. I apply this in the morning and at night and now I never get spots there. Doesn't dry me out, either. For a 5% benzoyl peroxide solution, the price is definitely worth it. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

Wow, this stuff is a life saver. I used it as a teenager, just on my chin where I tended to get blemishes, and it pretty much kept me break out free. Then, I moved out West where the dry climate prevented me from using anything drying on my skin. Fast forward to now, living on the East Coast again, my skin was happy until a month ago when I suddenly experienced the worst break out of my entire life. No longer just a white head here or there and some black heads, I now have cystic pimples on my chin that last forever and look awful! As soon as one would heal, two more would show up! I was starting to panic when I remembered this product. I practically ran to my stash of beauty products and pulled this out. It has caused some drying, but I don't care because it has also helped get rid of my break out! I noticed a difference after just one application, and with continued use it has really helped get rid of the acne and the red marks they were leaving behind. Tingles a little, but it works! I now use it preventively on my chin right after I cleanse, before applying my moisturizer on top to keep it from drying my skin out. I will not go without this product now!