Ponds Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

3.9

Water.hexlene glycol,anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate),camellia sinensis(white tea) leaf extract, cyclopia intermedia (honeybush) leaf extract,polysorbate 20, sodium lauroamphoacatate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzyl alcohol, xylityglucoside, anhydroxlitol,xylitol,fragrance,citric acid,butylene glycol,dmdm,hydantoin,iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.

on 10/5/2010 5:50:00 PM

I bought this product because it was on sale at Walgreen's and I have to say it was a great decision, because now I am hooked, I am going to buy another one. I come home from school and I am so tired and lazy and don't feel like washing my face. Does an awesome job of removing makeup, and making your face feel so squeaky clean and refreshed. There is absolutely no residue. If you have ever used Philosophy's cleansing cloths they have a sticky residue and also make your face burn and sting, and you have to follow up and wash your face again. These however, you wont have the problem. My face feels like i washed it in the sink and applied moisturizer. I got the white tea and chamomile scent, so it lingers for quite a while, so if this is a problem for you, you may consider getting the original scent. Otherwise I absolutely love it. Great Product.

on 8/29/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

these are good for taking off makeup before cleansing, i like these over other brands specifically because the towelette is actually moist. it feels wet enough that it actually can remove makeup fairly well, unlike some others that are barely moist.

on 8/29/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Once in a while I'm just too tired or too lazy to remove my makeup (but I do!)...so I gave these pre-moistened towelettes a shot. Clean Sweep - what could be better? Just about anything, it seems. They smell okay, and do a competent job of removing foundation and eyebrow stuff, but boy...they barely touched my one measly coat of non-waterproof mascara. I was wiping residue off the rest of the night...and the next morning. WTF? Another problem with these (and any other similar product) is that I just don't feel like my face is really truly clean. I splashed water on afterwards, but it's still not the same just-washed feeling. I also suspect that the remaining towelettes will slowly but surely dry out over time once the packaging seal is broken. Overall I would say these are okay in a pinch, but not something I would use every night...especially if I'm wearing mascara.

on 8/7/2010 7:19:00 PM

I usually use olive oil to get my makeup off, but since these were on sale I thought why the hell not. I haven't tried using these to remove foundation yet, but it works pretty well removing eye makeup. However it did sting my eye a little, but maybe that's because I rubbed too hard. Also it did dry my skin out a little...overall it's alright. I think I'll stick with my olive oil but I have to admit these are perfect for traveling and such.

on 7/23/2010 12:45:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE these make up towels. When im feeling lazy lol and i dont want to wash my face these wipes take off my makeup perfectly, just if I had washed my face. I found my HG make up remover!

on 7/21/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely hated these wipes. I used them to take my makeup off before cleansing with my Clarisonic. It took so much scrubbing to get my foundation, mascara (NOT waterproof), and eyeshadow off and even then, there would still be so much left behind. If you are looking to use these wipes as an easy way to take off your makeup on those nights when you don't feel like cleansing afterwords, you will be disappointed by these. Spend an extra dollar or two and get yourself the Neutrogena wipes--they get all of my makeup off with no scrubbing. I would not repurchase or recommend these wipes.

on 7/19/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in my travel bag and these are great when visiting friends and relatives. I hate gumming up other people's washcloths with makeup. I do find it best to wipe my face down first with these, then to add a bit of soap and water to finish the job right. A quick splash to rinse and you are good to go and the towelette goes right in the trash instead of hanging around the guest bath like a washcloth would.

on 6/22/2010 12:56:00 AM

I absolutely love these makeup remover wipes. I have tried other brands, but they are not nearly as effective or efficient. I would definitely buy more and more and more of these once I run out! The only issue is the packaging. Sometimes, you have to put them in a ziplock bag to keep them fresh. But it's alright because they only dry out if it takes you a while to go through them.

on 5/21/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I was recommended this brand by my best friend, so I expected amazing results. I generally use the Equate brand ones, and I'm switching back. Bare in mind I use this on Revlon Colorstay foundation. I've been using them for a few weeks, noticing that I'm breaking out a little more than usual. I started swiping my face with a liquid makeup remover to see if the towelettes were doing their job. Apparently not. It certainly does foam up more, but not as effective in removing all the residue. Disappointed. Gave the rest to my friend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was not crazy about this product personally. I love Clean and Clear's wipes and I had problems with the Neutrogena (the original, just tried the oil free and I love them). When I finished my Clean and Clear wipes I decided to try something new and came across these. They are extremely moist and smell okay but they aren't fantastic at taking your eye make up off, i.e mascara and eyeliner. I had to wipe for a very long time in order to just get a bit of eyeliner off (no mascara that day) and it stung my eyes. I think these would be good for people who just want a little refresher throughout the day, since it does feel good against your skin, but not for people who want something that will remove ALL of their makeup with ease.