October 22, 2014 | 1017 users online

Deodorants - Kiehl's - Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once upon a time I was buying a birthday present for my mother at Neiman Marcus and was being rung up at the Kiehl's counter. I saw the Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream and mentioned to the lovely SA that I had read great reviews about it but just could not see myself applying it with my fingers. She took off the cap and demonstrated on her hand that I could just squeeze it out and apply it to my underarms with the tube top as an applicator . Sold!!
I have tried every new deodorant that comes out and even the stuff from the dermatologist which did nothing for me because my problem is not sweat, it is ODOR!! Every time I am stressed (which is every day I work) I stink!! I have been using the Kiehl's every day I have gone to work since mid-March and it has not let me down!! It controls my odor issue !!
This is what it DOES NOT do- it does not cause my underarms to turn red or burn, itch , or break out into a rash, It does not stain my clothing and it does not have a fragrance.
I have plenty left because like the SA said, you do not need much and the tube should last at least 3 months or you are using too much, so I have not had to deal with trying to squeeze out all the cream which I am sure will turn out to be a big waste of product but I don't care because it is worth every penny to me!!
If you have an issue with odor that has not responded to other deodorants I urge you to try this because it works for me. I can't remember the last time I loved a product I tried so much!!!
EDIT: Here it is almost November and I am still in love with this product. I save it for my work days in case that old wive's tale about your body getting too used to a product is true! On no stress days at home I just use my Avon Unscented roll-on or Secret gel.
I did have to throw some product away because I could not squeeze it all out BUT I DON"T CARE! This is still my HG product, and it is still cheaper than buying deodorants that don't work and throwing them away (here's looking at you Secret Natural Mineral Invisible Solid )!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying at least a dozen different products that either didn't protect me or caused terrible skin reactions, I have been using this for over a year. It really does work for me, and for the first time in a long time, no rashes or irritation. I like that the tube is portable (easy for travel), but there are drawbacks, too. I admit that I'm not a big fan of having to apply it with my fingers, just because I'm a little squeamish that way. Most of all, though, it's hard to get the last bits of it out of the tube -- I finally started cutting off the top of the tube and using a Q-tip to get at the cream that's left in the bottom. (It's actually quite a lot, at least two weeks' worth.) To keep it from drying out or getting contaminated, I just store it in a small zip-top bag. Still, even with these drawbacks, I am willing to do it -- because I'm so glad to have found a product that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ocularhp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this a couple of days, but it's an antiperspirant/deodorant - it either works or it doesn't work, right? Well, this product works. I've had such a hard time finding something that works for me - at least helping with the smell of perspiration, but nothing has helped much with the smell or the dampness until this. I apply it in the morning after I shower and it works all day, I even wake up still dry and smelling good! I love that this is a cream applied to be applied, it feels more sanitary than a stick. So far, this isn't drying out my skin like certain dri did (and it didn't keep me dry either!).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by melyssa03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I have hyper hydrosis and had tried all the various "clinical strength" products with no results. I've ruined countless #s of tops and white shirts were not an option for me. This keeps me dry for 24 hours and doesn't leave a residue. You just have to let it dry before you get dressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by mybu85

I think I have tried every deodorant known to man. This one is BY FAR the best I've ever tried. It leaves no white residue, does not interfere with other perfumes or body sprays, doesn't cause irritation, last ALL DAY, isn't difficult to wash off (like so many other gross deodorants from the store), and is just all around amazing.

I love how you don't have to use much to get the full benefits of it. I'm not an unusually heavy sweater, but I am an avid runner and dancer. YES...it lasts all day, many times into the next day.

The only downside is the price; but since you don't need that much for it to work and it is the best deodorant I've encountered...a few extra dollars doesn't bother me!! Plus, I get mine from the Marine Exchange so its cheaper and tax-free! God bless our military!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a unscented deodorant with zero drying time and had my eyes on this and the Clarins one. I decided to buy this because it's unscented. It's easy to apply because it has a bulb shaped top you can use to spread the product, you just need a small amount. It keeps me dry for a long time even the next day. Regular deodorant usually dont last til the next day, I will already smell some tinge of sweating. But with this, it's good til you wash it off. To make sure it doesnt cause my underarms to darken, i lightly scrub my underarms every other day to ensure I get the product off completely. It's amazing at doing what it promises to do, but a little hefty for a deodorant, I hope it can last me a long time. It also causes a little itching in my underarms but nothing too serious, no rashes so I have to alternate it with another product. This product will also shorten your prep time coz it's technically zero drying time and will not leave white or yellow marks on your clothes. It also doesnt leave white streaks so you can wear sleeveless clothing well. This is a grest products like any other kiehl's product, I have to swear by this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to deal with the worst body odor. It has been an issue for years. What is even more infuriating is that my arm pits do not actually sweat-they stay dry. But I still have to deal with a smell, regardless of the 2 showers I take a day. I am constantly on the search for something that will be some sort of relief. While this has not cured me, it has been of some help. For me, the trick is to let this cream dry completely before I get dressed. Some days, it really helps keep any odor at bay. I'll continue to buy until I find something that is of more help to me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Azizeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this deodorant. I don't like having a fragrance in my under arms. I spend enough money on high quality lotion and perfume, I don't need baby powder or "fresh scent" competing with that.

It lasts a long time, works well, and doesn't feel sticky. I wear a lot of black, so I can say that it does still leave white marks if you aren't careful, but it won't be a waxy buildup on your shirts like the normal deodorants do.

I also don't think there's any truth to it reducing the hair growth, but I didn't buy it for that anyway.

The only downside (short of the price) is the packaging makes it hard to get the last bit out. I usually wind up slicing it open to get the last 3-5 applications. Not to mention when you're getting towards the end of the tube, it can get air bubbles as you squeeze and may splatter out and waste product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

had to completely re-write this review after i stumbled across a product called 5-day deodorant at rite-aid with the EXACT SAME active ingredient as kiehl's superbly efficient. only 5-day deo has the ingredient at 9% higher strength (!!!), is half the price (!!!), and is packaged in 75 disposable pads instead of a tube, with plenty of liquid in the jar (if you so desire) to add your own cotton pads and get even MORE use out of the jar.

i always thought this product was exorbitantly priced, but was willing to pay for it since it made certain-dri more effective...now with 5-day deo, i don't need certain-dri OR kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ImmiMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The thing I like most about this is that it has made my underarm hair thinner and shaving every day no longer leaves me with a gross rash!