Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

4.5

Polyethylene wax Volatile silicone oils Hydrophobic treated, concentrated pigments Plastic polymer with adhesive properties

on 11/9/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

# 25 Ash works good for light-dark brown hair, its one of the few Aqua Brow with no warmth to it. You really only need a tiny bit for both brows. I heard that this was hard to apply for some, but I thought it was pretty easy after a couple times. The trick is to apply it to the skin underneath the hair, not the actual hair. It's easiest to apply it with an angled brow brush like Mac 208. I love the tube, it's clean, and you can squeeze out as little or as much as you want. I brush my brows with a spoolie, apply the product, blend with the spoolie again, and apply some Elf clear brow gel. It's a lot of product for $20, and should last a long time.

on 10/30/2013 12:38:00 PM

I have almost black hair and medium yellow based skin. I purchased this is in 23 Ash. It is a muted dark brown, the second shade from the darkest color in this line (I forget the name of the shade). It is a gel/cream product in a travel friendly squeeze tube with a teeny tiny nozzle with excellent control. I only need a needle point drop to do one eyebrow with a slanted brush. I just use the Up&Up brush from Target. Really, any slanted eyebrow or liner brush will work with this. Staying power is fantastic and I don't need to touch up, even with 12-14 hour work and school days. I will be repurchasing (if I ever get through this tube, lol).

Perfect eyebrows. This took some time and practice to love it this much. Requires a really good (and small ) eyebrow brush I use mac 208. Took time to adjust to using the smallest amount, starting at the arch, etc. But it produces the most defined, clean eyebrow look ever. It's not as natural looking IMO as a pencil, but when I want the look of sharper more dramatic brows, this is the best. It really is waterproof, nothing has ever stayed put better. Wish I knew about it sooner.

on 10/25/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite brow products!

I have color 15,wich is perfect for my dark brown hair and medium asian skintone..

It's so pigmented and longlasting!
It looks like a small tube but this will last quite a bit.
This looks so natural,so don't be scared..

on 10/10/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have deleted my previous great review and am revising as I think there are now many more 'user friendly' items on the market. This is still excellent and the color range is broad, however unscrewing the little cap (which I somehow mange to drop and have it roll off the counter) and then using my hand as a palette is just too time consuming. I am very big on the Armani Maestro and you can check out my review on this site. I still think Aqua Brow is very good and has excellent longevity, but for the aforementioned reasons this is in my make up storage case.

on 10/6/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been on the same tube of this for years and it's still going strong. I do not however use this every day. I use it when I have time and I go out. When apply lightly in small strokes this just gives the most believable look. I also stay put till you remove your makeup.

on 9/28/2013 11:43:00 PM

My brows have never looked this natural. This is my HG brow product.

I have dark but really sparse brows with some totally bare patches, and I like full, soft and defined brows, so it's kind of a nightmare to fill them in. I make the most of what I have, but I'm really almost creating brows from scratch. If I match the brow product to my brow hairs, I end up with two dark, solid lines which look artificial and age my whole face, but if I go too light it doesn't look realistic.

MUFE Aqua Brow in Ash solves this problem. I purchased it online, and when I first swatched it on my wrist I thought "oh it's too warm, I'll have to send it back." My brows are quite charcoaly in tone, and this looked like a warmish medium-taupe. But I tried it on my brows and it looked EXACTLY right.

This is going to sound like a criticism, but bear with me: it actually goes on kind of streaky when applied with an angled brow brush. This is a good thing, because you can sweep it on in the direction the hairs grow and it somehow mimics the look of natural hairs.

Before this, I was using Shu Uemura's Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Seal, which is a cult beauty favourite and personal beauty staple, but it's really designed for drawing over hair that is already there. If you're filling in bald patches or going for dramatic brows it's really time consuming. I then used to brush brow powder over the pencil and sketch in a few actual hairs with an ultra fine liquid liner pen. I thought my brows looked pretty natural until I tried MUFE Aqua Brow and now I think I'll be using that for the rest of my life.

Despite the waterproof quality (I haven't really tested this yet) it doesn't last as long as my previous (laborious) routine, but it's so much faster and easier that I don't really care. It certainly lasts all day, anyway.

My routine: I actually moisturise and apply foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear, old formula) right over my brows because they're so sparse that the Double Wear helps everything "stick." Then I squeeze a tiny drop of product on to my wrist, about the size of a pinhead, swipe a fine angled brow brush through it, and apply in short feathery strokes where I want my brow. It sets fast, so you have to work quickly, but it's surprisingly easy to get the hang of this. Then I squeeze a second drop on my wrist and do the same with the other brow. Voila!

I do finish off with the MAC Eye Brows pencil in Stud, by sketching a few "hairs" where there aren't any, just to make my brows look like they're, you know, REAL.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that every time I walked past a mirror for a few days after getting this product I stopped to marvel at how natural my brows look. Because they're not as dark and solid as they were when I used pencils and powders, my whole face looks brighter and fresher, and the attention is drawn to my eyes rather than the brows themselves. To compare, I recently tried using Bobbi Brown Brow/Eyeshadow in Saddle to do my brows, and while that is a GREAT product, the finished look was too heavy and nowhere near as natural.

I wish I'd discovered Aqua Brow sooner, and I hope they never change the formula, because I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

All I can say is I wish I had tried this product out sooner! What a great eyebrow product!
I have medium to dark brown hair and I use the color 25. You only need just a little dot of product (smaller than a pea sized amount - maybe more like a lentil bean) for both eyes and this fills in the brow wonderfully and it does not budge all day. It's not too red or too green based like some other eyebrow products. It is just the right color for my skin tone and hair color (I'm NW25 for reference). I found the best way to apply this is to use an angled eyeliner brush. I am combo/oily and this really stays put. Since a little goes a long way this product is worth the $20 price tag. I highly recommend and would definitely repurchase again and again!

on 9/17/2013 11:01:00 PM

I really am impressed with this product. A little bit goes a very long way, and those more skilled than me with application will probably like it. The color is great for me.

on 9/17/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hardly ever buy high end products unless I feel like I really need to, this was one of them. I look weird without my eyebrows filled in, and when I touch water I want them to stay so I bought this for twenty dollars to wear during the summer.I swear it wears off in about four hours so it's definitely not waterproof. My nyx eyebrow cake powder lasts much longer than this.

Popular Brows Products