August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hardly ever buy high end products unless I feel like I really need to, this was one of them. I look weird without my eyebrows filled in, and when I touch water I want them to stay so I bought this for twenty dollars to wear during the summer.I swear it wears off in about four hours so it's definitely not waterproof. My nyx eyebrow cake powder lasts much longer than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by stephymoralessx3

I love this stuff! I just bought it a week ago and I am already obsessed. its long lasting and makes my eyebrows look flawless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am totally and utterly obsessed with this product!!!! I am so happy to have it in my life!

A few things about myself...I used to have hooker brows and I grew them out this past year. Even tho I am a makeup artist I have had the HARDEST time finding something that I like for my brows! I have sparse brows that are slowly but surely growing in, but they cover a large surface area. As such, I need something that can cover well, stay in place, and look natural. I have an oily tone in the summer so powder eyebrow products have been difficult, once it gets oily it rubs off. It also can smear and it's totally NOT waterproof (I will go to the gym with brows and leave with smudge spots above my eyes...NOT CUTE). Pencil, if the pencil isn't the correct shape and density, it's hard to apply. Twist up pencils tend to b too creamy so it also doesn't have a long wear time, and traditional pencils I have found to not only b too chalky, but they don't create smooth "hair-like" strokes...so those are out. I also despise clear or colored brow gel...I can always tell when people use it...I'm not a fan.

In steps this lovely product! I use shade #40 or #30, the darkest shades. As far as I know they do not sell this at most Sephora's. I purchased mine in New York from the MUFE Pro-store. I plan to purchase another two or three the next time I am in the city. When applied with a small angled brush in tiny stokes u can shape your brow and fill it in, all the while setting the hairs to stay in place. Once you have the shape u can clean up with a bit of makeup remover or concealer, then comb through with a spooly. I love my brows! Mine are a tad thick and bold (in part by the type of glasses I wear) so a trained eye can tell that my brows are "drawn" on, but I like that look! *hmph* I have also used it on clients to create a brow that looks so natural even they didn't believe I applied products to their face, their brows just somehow became perfect.

It lasts through an entire workday, including the gym for a few hours. I've also been in water with it, not full out swimming, but my face does get wet. I wash my face twice with Nubian Heritage Black Soap Bar and it removes all of the product.

The packaging is amazing and allows you to take out an exact amount, it also seals tightly and won't leak. The price point is great as well, $20 for a product that will last more that a year...is amazing (I have a MUFE pro-card I only pay $14-16, so even better!). I will def repurchase for myself and my clients and I encourage all with non-perfect brows to do the same.

I've also used this as an eyeliner on the lashline to create the illusion of thicker lashes...awesome!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very thin barely there eyebrow hair. Before this, I used Mac Spiked brow pencil to define my brow & filled w/ Mac Brun eyeshadow using the Mac 208 brush. Then I had to try this because of it's supposed long wearing waterproof staying power. Now my new routine is to define w/ Mac Spiked brow pencil and fill w/ aquabrow using the MAC 208 brush. It is a bit of an ashy brown color that I don't really care for but I like it for now. And because of my oily lids, it lasts just as long as it did when I used Mac brun eyeshadow to fill in. Haven't gone swimming to test the waterproof claim but I will definitely contiue to use it until I try Kelley Baker Brow products next. I'm always in the market for good eyebrow products:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

I love this more than I thought I would. I was worried this would give me sharpe brows, but the end result is quite natural and it holds my brows in place. This offers two products for the price of one. I apply this directly to my Mac 163 synthetic angled brush, then brush it on from the arch to the tail and then finish off the front of my brows with whatever is left on the brush. I have this in ash #25 and it is the perfect color for my dark brows. Plus this tube is a generous amount of product that I can see lasting a year or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dear MUFE: If you ever discontinue this product and do not immediately replace it with something >= it, I will have a mental breakdown.

I've never understood how people use eyeliner or brow powder to successfully fill in their brows. Do they just reapply every hour? Do they never sweat, touch their face, or encounter a slight breeze? This stuff has fixed all my eyebrow woes (or lack-of-eyebrow woes) and gives me great, natural looking brows that last all day when I use it in conjunction with Anastasia's brow gel. I had been looking for an eyebrow solution for so long before I found this product, and while I'm sure lots of waterproof eyebrow products will be on the market in a few years, right now it's difficult to find one, especially in the drugstore. This is my HG, and for $20 I got enough product to last YEARS even if used everyday. Worth. It. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I like this the best for night time brow looks, where drama is acceptable. for the day this product comes out very dark and too defined to be natural. the tube has not even been dented in and its been 6 months. this may be lifetime supply. I use a very small angle brush with a needlepoint amount of product for BOTH brows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my HG brow product. A little dot goes a long way! I use an angled eyebrow brush and swipe this stuff on my brows just so it fills in nicely and looks natural. It does not look cartooney on, but that is because of the application technique. I much prefer this to pencils or waxes + powders because I feel like I have more control. It does not smudge and it is water proof, I wore it to the beach and to a water park and it stayed on for most of the day. I do apply Anastasia clear brow gel on top, but with that my brows are flawless and are in place all day long!

I wish they offered more colours (I use the darkest) at Sephora, because apparently they offer darker colours at the MUFE counter at Eatons Centre Toronto, which has a natural black colour - that is better suited to my hair colour, imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mekenna

This is my go to eyebrow miracle maker. I wear it everyday because I love dark dramatic eyebrows. I get complemented on my brows quite often! I know the price is hard to believe for such a small container but I can make a tube last for longer than 6 months.

However I notice some smudging during the summer as my skin gets oily. Then again it is a gel so that was expected.

The tip is to squirt out a teency bit onto your hand and use a small angled brush and waaalaaa! Lovely brows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Anastasia duo powder in Ash Blonde/Taupe and I love it. I also use Shu hard pencils in Seal Brown & Stone Gray. Love those as well, but they take a little longer to use, due to high wax content. Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for new brow products because I think my brows are the most important/dramatic part of my mug. So I ran across this MUFE product while cruising the board. WOWZER! This is my new favorite - it's a cinch to use, and looks really natural, and adds amazing fullness to skimpy brows.

Shade #10 is an absolutely perfect Taupe - no warmth at all - very ashy brown. With my silver hair, this is the shade for me. It's definitely not too light, so don't be concerned about that. And it darkens a bit upon drying.

I squeeze a tiny drop onto my hand and then dab an eyebrow brush into it, working the product into the brush. If you want super, fine-tuned control with your application, go with a very stiff, short-haired brush - like the NARS brow brush. If you want to cover more ground quickly, use a softer & longer-haired brush, like the ecotools angled brush. I use both brushes, depending on what part of my brow I'm working on.

Lastly, if I have the time (and interest!) I'll finish up by taking out my BECCA concealer brush. It is a brush for the most microscopic, detail-oriented work. There are literally about 6 strands on the brush. Literally! So I coat all 6 hairs with the MUFE potion & then I can actually draw on individual hairs. I've always read about doing this with a REALLY sharp brow pencil, but come on . . . never works. But with a nicely coated, anemic brush, you really can do it. The thing is, you don't really see it as individual hairs, it just makes your brows look natural, like you haven't plucked them to an unnaturally perfect line at the bottom edge. (Hey, some people like that sculpted brow look, but not me :)

Lastly - it stays on perfectly until you take it off w/cleanser! Lasts through a grueling workout like a champ. HG, no question about it.

When I'm done, I have very natural-looking, brows that are fuller than they've ever been before. They're bold and "maintained" but not cartoony. Frames my face beautifully. I highly recommend this product & I'm so glad I ran across it. Really don't foresee going back to the Anastasia duo or the Shu pencils . . . it's that much better!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No