September 23, 2014 | 1066 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sadiemonster

My brows have never looked this natural. This is my HG brow product.

I have dark but really sparse brows with some totally bare patches, and I like full, soft and defined brows, so it's kind of a nightmare to fill them in. I make the most of what I have, but I'm really almost creating brows from scratch. If I match the brow product to my brow hairs, I end up with two dark, solid lines which look artificial and age my whole face, but if I go too light it doesn't look realistic.

MUFE Aqua Brow in Ash solves this problem. I purchased it online, and when I first swatched it on my wrist I thought "oh it's too warm, I'll have to send it back." My brows are quite charcoaly in tone, and this looked like a warmish medium-taupe. But I tried it on my brows and it looked EXACTLY right.

This is going to sound like a criticism, but bear with me: it actually goes on kind of streaky when applied with an angled brow brush. This is a good thing, because you can sweep it on in the direction the hairs grow and it somehow mimics the look of natural hairs.

Before this, I was using Shu Uemura's Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Seal, which is a cult beauty favourite and personal beauty staple, but it's really designed for drawing over hair that is already there. If you're filling in bald patches or going for dramatic brows it's really time consuming. I then used to brush brow powder over the pencil and sketch in a few actual hairs with an ultra fine liquid liner pen. I thought my brows looked pretty natural until I tried MUFE Aqua Brow and now I think I'll be using that for the rest of my life.

Despite the waterproof quality (I haven't really tested this yet) it doesn't last as long as my previous (laborious) routine, but it's so much faster and easier that I don't really care. It certainly lasts all day, anyway.

My routine: I actually moisturise and apply foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear, old formula) right over my brows because they're so sparse that the Double Wear helps everything "stick." Then I squeeze a tiny drop of product on to my wrist, about the size of a pinhead, swipe a fine angled brow brush through it, and apply in short feathery strokes where I want my brow. It sets fast, so you have to work quickly, but it's surprisingly easy to get the hang of this. Then I squeeze a second drop on my wrist and do the same with the other brow. Voila!

I do finish off with the MAC Eye Brows pencil in Stud, by sketching a few "hairs" where there aren't any, just to make my brows look like they're, you know, REAL.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that every time I walked past a mirror for a few days after getting this product I stopped to marvel at how natural my brows look. Because they're not as dark and solid as they were when I used pencils and powders, my whole face looks brighter and fresher, and the attention is drawn to my eyes rather than the brows themselves. To compare, I recently tried using Bobbi Brown Brow/Eyeshadow in Saddle to do my brows, and while that is a GREAT product, the finished look was too heavy and nowhere near as natural.

I wish I'd discovered Aqua Brow sooner, and I hope they never change the formula, because I love it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

All I can say is I wish I had tried this product out sooner! What a great eyebrow product!
I have medium to dark brown hair and I use the color 25. You only need just a little dot of product (smaller than a pea sized amount - maybe more like a lentil bean) for both eyes and this fills in the brow wonderfully and it does not budge all day. It's not too red or too green based like some other eyebrow products. It is just the right color for my skin tone and hair color (I'm NW25 for reference). I found the best way to apply this is to use an angled eyeliner brush. I am combo/oily and this really stays put. Since a little goes a long way this product is worth the $20 price tag. I highly recommend and would definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really am impressed with this product. A little bit goes a very long way, and those more skilled than me with application will probably like it. The color is great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hardly ever buy high end products unless I feel like I really need to, this was one of them. I look weird without my eyebrows filled in, and when I touch water I want them to stay so I bought this for twenty dollars to wear during the summer.I swear it wears off in about four hours so it's definitely not waterproof. My nyx eyebrow cake powder lasts much longer than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by stephymoralessx3

I love this stuff! I just bought it a week ago and I am already obsessed. its long lasting and makes my eyebrows look flawless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am totally and utterly obsessed with this product!!!! I am so happy to have it in my life!

A few things about myself...I used to have hooker brows and I grew them out this past year. Even tho I am a makeup artist I have had the HARDEST time finding something that I like for my brows! I have sparse brows that are slowly but surely growing in, but they cover a large surface area. As such, I need something that can cover well, stay in place, and look natural. I have an oily tone in the summer so powder eyebrow products have been difficult, once it gets oily it rubs off. It also can smear and it's totally NOT waterproof (I will go to the gym with brows and leave with smudge spots above my eyes...NOT CUTE). Pencil, if the pencil isn't the correct shape and density, it's hard to apply. Twist up pencils tend to b too creamy so it also doesn't have a long wear time, and traditional pencils I have found to not only b too chalky, but they don't create smooth "hair-like" strokes...so those are out. I also despise clear or colored brow gel...I can always tell when people use it...I'm not a fan.

In steps this lovely product! I use shade #40 or #30, the darkest shades. As far as I know they do not sell this at most Sephora's. I purchased mine in New York from the MUFE Pro-store. I plan to purchase another two or three the next time I am in the city. When applied with a small angled brush in tiny stokes u can shape your brow and fill it in, all the while setting the hairs to stay in place. Once you have the shape u can clean up with a bit of makeup remover or concealer, then comb through with a spooly. I love my brows! Mine are a tad thick and bold (in part by the type of glasses I wear) so a trained eye can tell that my brows are "drawn" on, but I like that look! *hmph* I have also used it on clients to create a brow that looks so natural even they didn't believe I applied products to their face, their brows just somehow became perfect.

It lasts through an entire workday, including the gym for a few hours. I've also been in water with it, not full out swimming, but my face does get wet. I wash my face twice with Nubian Heritage Black Soap Bar and it removes all of the product.

The packaging is amazing and allows you to take out an exact amount, it also seals tightly and won't leak. The price point is great as well, $20 for a product that will last more that a year...is amazing (I have a MUFE pro-card I only pay $14-16, so even better!). I will def repurchase for myself and my clients and I encourage all with non-perfect brows to do the same.

I've also used this as an eyeliner on the lashline to create the illusion of thicker lashes...awesome!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very thin barely there eyebrow hair. Before this, I used Mac Spiked brow pencil to define my brow & filled w/ Mac Brun eyeshadow using the Mac 208 brush. Then I had to try this because of it's supposed long wearing waterproof staying power. Now my new routine is to define w/ Mac Spiked brow pencil and fill w/ aquabrow using the MAC 208 brush. It is a bit of an ashy brown color that I don't really care for but I like it for now. And because of my oily lids, it lasts just as long as it did when I used Mac brun eyeshadow to fill in. Haven't gone swimming to test the waterproof claim but I will definitely contiue to use it until I try Kelley Baker Brow products next. I'm always in the market for good eyebrow products:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

I love this more than I thought I would. I was worried this would give me sharpe brows, but the end result is quite natural and it holds my brows in place. This offers two products for the price of one. I apply this directly to my Mac 163 synthetic angled brush, then brush it on from the arch to the tail and then finish off the front of my brows with whatever is left on the brush. I have this in ash #25 and it is the perfect color for my dark brows. Plus this tube is a generous amount of product that I can see lasting a year or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dear MUFE: If you ever discontinue this product and do not immediately replace it with something >= it, I will have a mental breakdown.

I've never understood how people use eyeliner or brow powder to successfully fill in their brows. Do they just reapply every hour? Do they never sweat, touch their face, or encounter a slight breeze? This stuff has fixed all my eyebrow woes (or lack-of-eyebrow woes) and gives me great, natural looking brows that last all day when I use it in conjunction with Anastasia's brow gel. I had been looking for an eyebrow solution for so long before I found this product, and while I'm sure lots of waterproof eyebrow products will be on the market in a few years, right now it's difficult to find one, especially in the drugstore. This is my HG, and for $20 I got enough product to last YEARS even if used everyday. Worth. It. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I like this the best for night time brow looks, where drama is acceptable. for the day this product comes out very dark and too defined to be natural. the tube has not even been dented in and its been 6 months. this may be lifetime supply. I use a very small angle brush with a needlepoint amount of product for BOTH brows!