Agnes B. Apricot Complexion Enhancer / L'Embellisseur Abricot

2.6

on 5/23/2004 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Review for a sample: My experience was pretty similar to a reviewer below. I am very pale, LSC Sand, and this would have been a great product if I trying to be a Sunkist orange for Halloween. Or if I just wanted really ugly skin color for a day...anyway, I gave it to a friend of mine with much much darker skin and she really liked it. The color orange did not show up on her skin, but it did impart a glow that she really liked.

This is a great product. This is not a product for anybody who is cool-toned. It also is not meant to be used and slathered all over the face. Moderation is the key with this product. It is not a foundation, nor a skin cream. A little bit goes a long way and gives a wonderful glow to a warm, peachy complexion. Wonderful for redheads and auburn hair. First time I used it, i went overboard and used it almost like a foundation. It's an orangy-apricot shade. Common sense would have told me I'd end up that color. I dab it on like cream blush now, and on other spots of my face. It's great, but, if you're going to use it, use a light hand. A product is only as good as its owner.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Works beautifuly with great coverage, wonderful finish. Pleasing scent, workable consistance, overall a great product. It has an almost sheer apricot/peach tint. I recomend this to so many people, I should be their spokesmodel;)

on 5/2/2004 11:34:00 PM

This is great for summer. It is esp for for the PPP gals like myself who for some mysterious reason tan great everywhere except their faces. I used this for 2 summers, but haven't bought this year yet. The jar lasts a good while and the creme is a good consistency. You do need to blend, blend, blend, though or you can be streaky. The only real drawback is that you have to order and also that it is kinda smelly.

on 4/17/2004 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad product but not great. To me the smell is awful and very plastic-like. I have light yellow-toned skin and putting orange all-over just doesn't feel or look right so I dabbed it on only where the sun would normally hit- cheeks, forehead, chin- and my skin did look brighter. When I put my bronzer over it, my bronzer lasted much longer. But that smell- Yuk!

on 4/16/2004 6:03:00 PM

I have used this in the past and whenever I did people would always tell me I looked great, like I was glowing, honest to goodness! I'm an NC20, and it gave just enough color to give me some life. I quit buying it however because CCB's shipping is expensive IMO, I don't buy anything mailorder unless I get free shipping (I'm a cheapskate I know!)

on 4/16/2004 2:10:00 PM

I have mixed reviews for this product...I'm NC30 (pale neutral-cool)

I put this on under my eyes, and it counter-acted the dark circles a little...I also put this all over my face, and added foundation and powder on top. It did make my face look glowy,and a little tan, but I could also get the glowy look by adding moisturizer under my foundation, too. Plus it made my fingers a ghastly orange, ick!

I haven't checked it with a big mirror under natural light, but I don't think this is too great for me...using this definately ensures that my face and neck don't match.

I got a sample of this stuff in the mail yesterday, and I think I'm going to order it (to test it out), since I can get it for free for some reason.

Im glad I'm getting it for free, b/c I don't think I would pay $18 bucks for this, although maybe if they brought the pink one back...(I wonder why it was discontinued?) All in all, this would be good for covering my dark circles if I didn't want to look like I was wearing any makeup.

on 4/9/2004 9:37:00 AM

I love this stuff. A dab of this mixed with a dab of sunscreen or moisturizer gives me a healthy glow. If it makes you look orange, you are using too much or should try combining it with your moisturizer for even application. This is to enhance your complexion, not for color or coverage.Will purchase this over and over.

on 4/7/2004 9:22:00 AM

It smells bad and makes your face really orange!

on 3/30/2004 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Wish Agnes b. stores would get a clue and sell some of their other, better products in their stores and not this greasy tango orange glop.

Fyi. - YSL Teint correcteur no 4 is much better and well worth the extra expense.