August 1, 2014 | 961 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like Blackberries. I use mine only with my Blackberry bomb and have the best smelling skin. Very moisturizing. This is not as exfoliating as you would think. In fact I dont think it exfoliated at all. But it still feels great. You will need to rinse this off of everything...it is very staining.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by katelovesmac

I really like and reccommend this. I have suffered from getting little red bumps on my arms for years and this is the only thing that has cleared them up. It is a little messy to use but I don't mind as it leaves my skin soft and smooth and it smells of blackcurrant! (I wasn't sure what to give it for packaging as it doesn't have any)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by gauri69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't moisturize my dry skin at all, left my tub really messy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by FadetoSparkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Snap the whip smells like sweet berries & it does exfoliate but omg it really does leave a mess. When this first came out, I grabbed one up quickly in high hopes but after one use, the blue/black residue from this gets everywhere! It covered my tub & splashed on the tile (I'm not so sure either how it got there lol) The other gripe I have is that it only lasts for a few uses, it melts down so damn quick so you have to be sure to keep it very dry & out of water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a mess! Be prepared for the messiness of this product (though I haven't read the other reviews, I imagine them delivering the same warning). That said, this smells so good, a very nice exotic berry jam scent, very soft and sweet.
The exfoliation power is awesome, it left my skin very smooth, about equal to Isle of Eden whipped sugar scrubs (my staple exfoliators).
It's fun to use, easy to use (I like to use mine in the bath tub on wet skin, I feel it increases circulation), and melts quickly.
A bit pricey considering you're lucky to get 3-5 adequate uses out of it, but the positives make it an item I will repurchase in the future :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love LUSH's body butters! They are a mush for winter skin. This bar left my skin silky smooth after using it and I really did not need to use too much lotion afterwards. The smell is suppose to be a black currant but it smells more like a can of pepsi cola w/ vanilla drink to me. There are cons after using this bar:

1st this bar does not last long about 5-6 washes if you are lucky! (it's like a stick of butter....really.)

2nd it's messy and the no lather is a frosty black with tiny bit of real charcoal in it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Of the 3 lush butter products I've tried, I like this one the least.
A) it's not very moisturizing
B) simply not worth the price when it only lasts 3 - 4 showers at the most
C) If it were exfoliation I needed, many bath scrubs and salts perform just as good, if not better - and for much less
D) Messy, it doesn't hold together like regular soap, so if you use it in the shower, black stuff splatters all over the walls and tub.

Other than that it has a nice smell, but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

this has a very nice smell. pretty sweet. at first it hurt to use it. it works a lil too good. i use it for the backs of my arms and my bum and thighs. leaves my skin super smooth. it does melt waaay to fast so i try not to use as often. also it isn't very moisturizing at all..but i will continue to purchase it because it does exfoliate extremely well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by JellyBean_Baby

Not the best of the LUSH scrubs, my favourite thing about this one is the smell, which reminds me of ribena. It does moisturize the skin and exfoliate but not to make a noticeable difference and the purpleish colour is a bit off putting. Unless you're really fond off the smell I'd recommend using other scrubs in the range.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

Well, it was fun ( getting dirty while you get clean!) and smells great. but it melts so fast, and nothing about you snap the whip is that outstanding. very subtle exfoliating, very subtle (if any) moisturuzation. It was nice to try, but probably not again.