LUSH You Snap the Whip Body Butter

3.4

on 7/5/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one Lush product I didn't expect to think much of at all, but now find it to be a once-a-week holy grail! I bought this at the Victoria, BC Lush store. It does make a bit of a mess in the tub, but when I rub this on my arms and legs, it leaves them so soft! NOT greasy, but soft! For reference I have tried Buffy, the one that everyone raves about, and found it to be too greasy.. I don't like feeling all oiled-up when I leave the tub, defeats the whole purpose of bathing. So if you're like me and Buffy was too heavy, give this one a try.

on 6/18/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Lush scrub. I absolutely adore the way this smells. I find it very moisturizing as well. I dont think Id repurchase because I want to try out Lushs other scrubs.

The best thing about this product is the fabulous fresh blackcurrenty smell! Gorgeous but you have to be in the mood for it as its quite intense. Its not an oily scrub bar so perfect for those who like to feel squeaky clean. I found it to be pretty scrubby, but not as effective as another Lush scrubs such as Sandstone. I like it, however, the mess in the bathroom is horrific....like someone's tipped thick Ribena in the shower tray ! Also, I would agree that it only lasts a couple of goes so is a treat product rather than a regular staple.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

You Snap the Whip is probably one of my favorite products, hands down. The blackcurrant scent is soo yummy, and my skin feels super soft afterwards. It does make a bit of a mess, and it doesn't last long(4-6 uses), but to me it's worth it! I buy this a lot.

on 3/2/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells like Blackberries. I use mine only with my Blackberry bomb and have the best smelling skin. Very moisturizing. This is not as exfoliating as you would think. In fact I dont think it exfoliated at all. But it still feels great. You will need to rinse this off of everything...it is very staining.

on 2/17/2009 7:25:00 AM

I really like and reccommend this. I have suffered from getting little red bumps on my arms for years and this is the only thing that has cleared them up. It is a little messy to use but I don't mind as it leaves my skin soft and smooth and it smells of blackcurrant! (I wasn't sure what to give it for packaging as it doesn't have any)

on 10/26/2008 2:40:00 AM

Didn't moisturize my dry skin at all, left my tub really messy.

on 10/11/2008 12:52:00 AM

Snap the whip smells like sweet berries & it does exfoliate but omg it really does leave a mess. When this first came out, I grabbed one up quickly in high hopes but after one use, the blue/black residue from this gets everywhere! It covered my tub & splashed on the tile (I'm not so sure either how it got there lol) The other gripe I have is that it only lasts for a few uses, it melts down so damn quick so you have to be sure to keep it very dry & out of water.

on 10/1/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What a mess! Be prepared for the messiness of this product (though I haven't read the other reviews, I imagine them delivering the same warning). That said, this smells so good, a very nice exotic berry jam scent, very soft and sweet.
The exfoliation power is awesome, it left my skin very smooth, about equal to Isle of Eden whipped sugar scrubs (my staple exfoliators).
It's fun to use, easy to use (I like to use mine in the bath tub on wet skin, I feel it increases circulation), and melts quickly.
A bit pricey considering you're lucky to get 3-5 adequate uses out of it, but the positives make it an item I will repurchase in the future :).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love LUSH's body butters! They are a mush for winter skin. This bar left my skin silky smooth after using it and I really did not need to use too much lotion afterwards. The smell is suppose to be a black currant but it smells more like a can of pepsi cola w/ vanilla drink to me. There are cons after using this bar:

1st this bar does not last long about 5-6 washes if you are lucky! (it's like a stick of butter....really.)

2nd it's messy and the no lather is a frosty black with tiny bit of real charcoal in it.

Top Rated LUSH Products