December 19, 2014 | 1639 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to rain on everybody parade but I just think that it would be fair to give another side of the story.
I bought the lightest pearls after painful cringing at the price ($60 CAN). After all everybody kept saying that it makes their skin look so good. Well, majority is always right, right? Wrong!!! Always listen to your intuition and look at the ingridients. This bl****dy expensive thing is made out of TALC. Yes, cheap baby powder, that's famous for clogging properties- the very 1st ingridient . I loved the look of the box but opening it was frustrating - there would be dusty particles flying all over in the air (I literally saw my hard earned small dollar signs flying around, what a waste of and expensive product).
My face is a mess and every little bit of help in terms of make up makes a difference for me. I have HUUGE pores, oily face and I am very picky about my setting powders (I have them all: HD, MAC Prep/Prime, Tarte, Dr. Hauchka, Laura Mercier etc. etc). I use lots of mattifing products due to my skin nature and texture so I end up looking too powdery and overdone sometimes. So a little shimmer just brings me back to life.
First of all if you have big pores - don't get it, it makes them so obvious and talc cloggs them, second if you are oily - don't get it, talc will not last and hold oil well. Thirdly if you r looking for an illuminating effect - don't get it, it is way too make-upy sparkly Twighlight type. Who should get it - people with even, nearly perfect skin who r quite burdened with money and carry a big bag around for touch ups. Sounds like Paris Hilton.
Try it at Sephora , go outside and look in the mirror then. I bet then you won't be tempted to waste your hard earned money since what you will see won't cost the hype.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

Instant complexion brightener. I use mine (01 Mythic and 03 Beige Chic, version before renewal) as an all-over finishing powder. It sets foundation nicely and leaves the impression that my skin glowing from within.
Expensive, but one box of these pretty pearls practically lasts forever - and I use mine everyday. I usually don't splurge on HE makeup, largely because I can't afford to, but this one is an exception with reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these little things!!! The packaging, the smell, the beautiful glow it imparts on my face, I just love em!! In fact, my love for these is the only thing that could justify the price of $60 US. Never in my life have I spent so much money on a powder, but I have a feeling these will last me forever. I use this all over my face whether I'm wearing liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer or nothing at all, and it literally just diffuses all of my flaws and leaves me completely glowing. I don't find the shimmer too much for day use either. On top of that, I just feel glamorous even applying it...it's my favorite part of my makeup routine! I will definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these. The pearlescence is meant to be light-diffusing so this is a sort of special-effect powder; not a regular run-of-the-mill face setting powder. I don't use it to set foundation; I just use light dusting over areas where I have issues with pores or discolorization (around the aides of my chin; cheeks). The slight shimmer gives a muted soft-lighting effect. It does seem to blur imperfections a bit but it isn't a miracle-worker by any means. It's more of a luxury and a very fun one; if you enjoy your makeups and your pamperings of yourself by all means - get you some ballz.

Beautiful in the tin (mine is metal; not cardboard [?!] -I have shade 02); smells divine and the softlighting effect thing works wonderfully for me. Subtle though and doesn't seem to have a very long life; for this reason I would like a portable version but at $170 US the pressed compacts are ridiculously overpriced; refills are a little more "reasonable" (relatively speaking - $70). There's also a smaller built-in powder-puff loose powder portable version that's about $70 US I think; this one I would love to try but I cannot get over the idea of that puff not being removable -- how does one clean it? I can't imagine never washing it; it'd become a bacteria farm inside of a month touching it directly to even a moderately oily or even just made-up face.

Anyway -- the ballz themselves are definitely worth having. They will likely last forever. In loose and pressed versions the multi-colored bits are just adorable. They're also completely unnecessary to women in their teens and twenties for what they are meant to do; if you're underwhelmed it's likely because you have no need for such a product unless you're looking for some shimmer.

Great product. Will definitely repurchase in all its various over-priced formats.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the idea and concept of the product, but they did nothing for me....
I used them over my make up to get that lustery effect and I can see the difference on my face, I dont know if the reason is that the shade may be wrong for me???
the packaging is lovely and very refined..... others commet on the smell wich i find divine... but I guess it is just me.... maybe with a different shade i couls see a difference will have to try it out.......

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These little balls are so pretty. I got them, along with the brush, YEARS ago. They last a really long time, and 5+ years later, there are still some left. It's shimmery, but not too bad. I think it's the perfect amount. I never used the puff, I hate puffs and sponges. I think they're gross, so other than keeping everything inside, the puff was completely useless to me. If I had the money, yes I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE these. I have three of them and plan to buy more as new collections come out. The first one I bought is in the colour Mythic. It is the lightest colour and I use it almost everyday over my makeup. The smell is lovely and it gives a beautiful, soft finish that brightens my face but is neither too shimmery nor too matte. I use SK's dome brush to apply all over and a "windshield wiper" brush under my eyes to set my concealer and blend out my eye shadow. I have the darker Tient D'Ore which I use to add a little colour, like a very light bronzer. My third box is from the 2010 Holiday Collection and it has Guerlain's signature Imperial Bee on top. The colour is called Perles D'Or and it has mauve, pink, and gold beads that make it more like a blush, albeit a very light one. The colours are very subtle and I think it would be hard to over do it. Guerlain was known for its violet scented face powders more 100 years ago and they are still doing it right. Like everything else from this brand, Meteorites are expensive but they seem to last forever and look beautiful displayed on your vanity or dresser. Unnecessary but recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by skymovie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG highlighter. The color is very natural and the granule is invisible on the face. I will stick to this product in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dcorbette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was stalking the Guerlain counter at Dillards just yesterday. Debating if I should buy the Extreme wear foundation for a full coverage (though I LOVE my Julie Hewett foundation). The lady at the counter told me you don't need makeup your skin is flawless (thank YOU JULIE HEWETT and I guess Philosophy's Purity facial wash cause it cuts down on the oil I produce and helps the makeup stay in place). So I looked in the mirror and I was like damn right!;-)

BUT I saw the little pearly balls of colors and remember seeing something similar to this in the Bobbi Brown line. The smell of these were glorious and so J'adore. So I asked the lady about this powder. She put on the really peach rosy one on one side of the face (I think its the Dore) and the more beige one on the other side. I WAS IN LOVE! The Dore side was perfection. It evened out my skintone and gave me this glow that looked like a soft beautiful illuminating blush in all the right areas. I couldn't believe this was powder!

I've been looking for a powder substitute for my Shiseido face powder that came in 2 or 3 different color shades... this has been the closest thing yet.

The Dore gave me a warm look to my medium dark olive skin... a nice warm glow that made me looked airbrushed and is intended for golden complexions. The Beige is intended for beige toned skin. The pink is not meant for me as its ashy almost, but is suppose to be your equivalent to translucent.... its appropriate for pink undertones.

Beige accentuated the gold that is in my skin tone, but it seemed to have lightened the skin. So this is good for those who are blonde or those who find themselves wearing a dark foundation and need to lighten it up.

For those who are pretty much happy with their complexion but just want to even it up, you could easily wear this powder as foundation alone.

CONS:
1) Its an expensive investment. But it may be an investment worth making.
2) The powder may not be finely milled as some other brands
3) There's glitter/shimmer in the powder so really you may shine only because of the glitter/shimmer and not because it has a moisturizing property to it like my discontinued Shiseido powder.
4) You might have to buy their special meteorite brush to replicate the look at the store.. but at the same time the brush is soft and doesn't tug and burn your skin.
5) There's no moisturizing agent in this powder, so your face may feel dry (that is why I loved the old Shiseido powder, it controls oil but also moisturize leaving your skin looking porcelin looking).

PROS:
1) Unlike many powders, this one gives a fuller coverage, its a corrector with uneven skin, and gives a coverage like a light mineral foundation. (Shiseido's powder couldn't do this and the new one doesn't as its translucent).
2) There is a wonderful scent to the powder that is less intense once applied but still noticeable.
3) Nice airbrush look

Unfortunately the lady sold me the wrong color (beige), so now I have to go back and get the Dore. I do enjoy this product!

UPDATE: They changed the color scheme of Dore! The old Dore had all the beautiful peaches, now they have something different in its place. But I went to Sephora and they have the Meteorites and I found Dore again, this time with more pinks and some peaches... so I bought it instead. So beware, check the tin before buying to make sure it matches what you tried in the store. With the right color hues/scheme for your skin the more you will fall in love with product. The shimmery really isn't too bad. I tried Bobbi Brown's shimmery bricks and they do not rival Guerlain's Meteorites !!!!! GM's not as artificially shimmery as BB's and as the day goes on, the GM sets in, blends in, so you really get that porceline airbrushed look and the shimmery, though very little of it, is less noticeable. Furthermore, it really doesn't rub off, its hard to rub this stuff off so the powder sets practically all day and doesn't crease and move off the face.

I'm changing it from 4 to 5 lippies when you find the right shade for you!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by saaborac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this duty free on an airplane so I didn't find it too expensive then. My skin isn't really that sensitive, and my skin could handle all products I have used. I don't know what chemical this product contains, but after only 2 days, I had around 40 pimples on each cheek. They disappeared after a week when I discontinued use, but I will never try this product again.
The packaging LOOKS nice but is extremely messy. I only user powder foundation, eye shadow, bronzer, etc, so I am used to the mess but this.. You have to open it reeeeally carefully and slow if you do not want dust all over. The packaging creates some kind of vacuum so it just goes everywhere.. Regret buying this so bad.
Oh, and before I got the pimples, when I used this product, it just looked very shimmery and unnatural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No