September 22, 2014 | 2066 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

I used to be a big Lush fan. I tried just about every product for several years and then they lost me for a while and I pretty much used only bath bombs. Recently, I wandered into a Lush store for a cocoa butter lotion or massage bar since I am pregnant and want to prevent stretch marks. I started talking to a super friendly SA and she showed me all the new products. I decided to pick up a few of the fresh masks since, being pregnant, my skin is acting a little nuts. I normally have combo skin that is clear but the "pregnancy glow" is really just oil and I've been breaking out. Plus my skin just hasn't felt great. She recommended BB Seaweed, Brazened Honey and Oatifix. I bought all three since they are cheap at only $5-6 CDN. Last night, I used BB Seaweed. You don't need much and the smell was non-offensive (and trust me, my sense of smell is VERY sensitive these days). It was quick and easy. When I rinsed off, the first thing I noticed was my skin was SUPER soft and smooth. It was literally glowing! I looked like I had just had a spa facial. I was actually floored since, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Throughout the day today, my skin has looked great and felt better than it has in weeks and weeks. I definitely can't wait to try the other masks and see the prolonged effects. I also plan to head back to Lush to check out their other skin care products.
My one complaint (and it's a major one) about Lush: THE PARABENS!!!! They DO NOT need to use parabens. Many, many skin care lines are eliminating parabens and Lush needs to get with the program and catch up. Parabens are toxins and not natural! Come on, Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

Love this masks, cleanses and detoxifies. Leaves skin feeling fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

This was average compared to the other fresh face masks. This one was messy to put on as clumps of seaweed kept falling off- so I felt like the product was not staying on my face. After rinsing off I didn't notice any difference in my face texture. This was also a HUGE mess. The seaweed clogged my sink and I had to remove it from the drain by hand as it wrapped around the inner piece and became clogged. I do love the other masks though. I still would encourage a try as I may have gotten a bad batch

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

as much as i love buying lush products, ive always been kinda skeptical of them as i dont think they meature up to the crazy prices lush charges. however this mask is something different! i have oily skin that is not prone to break outs but prone to glim like a spot light..good times....i dont know what they put into this mask but it makes my skin so so so super soft. i dont think it does much for oil controlling but im sold on how soft and nice it makes my skin! it smells okay and is much easier to put on/take off than cupcake!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I went into lush with the problem of very dry flaky skin on my cheeks. first we tired cosmetic catastrophe, which just dried me out more (I threw it in the freezer and will use it in the summer when my skin is oily again) So I went back the next day and another SA suggested I try BB Seaweed. The first time I tried it it didn't really do much however my makeup artist friend gave me a little brush to scrub off the flakey skin with, then to use this, and WOW what a difference, I've done three rounds and my skin is almost totally smooth again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mmmagique

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this almost every night for a week now. It calms down the redness in my face (along with using some other lush products eu roma-which in the future I will make myself- baby face-to remove makeup- and aqua marina- a wonderful face cleanser that also calms the redness in my face) and it works wonderfully.

I leave it on for about 20 minutes (after washing first with baby face-discontinued btw) remove with a warm damp washcloth, mist some au roma on my face and finish up with a slight amt. of Celestial Moisturizer. (sometimes I also use the aqua marina after removing the mask.)

Before I used Lush products I had to pile on tons of foundation to hide the redness and the flakiness from the dry skin that went along with it. It was also painful at times. Now, I just love to touch my face! It's so soft and smooth! The redness is about 75% gone and there is no more flakiness. I still use some foundation, but it's not nearly as necessisary as before. I also have more options in foundation as it doesn't *have* to be ultra moisturizing and heavy.

I'm still looking for something to give my face a bit of a glow...this mask doesn't do that, but it takes away redness and adds moisture, so I'm very pleased!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smelled great, sounded promising but unfortunately it irritated my face and made it red and made it hurt. :( Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by stimpycat

This face mask is great. Really helped to balance my skin and clear pores--some how the winter weather has made my skin dry in some places and oily in others. Also, I'd been having lots of little white heads appear and they've all but gone away after using this. The mask has lots of nice scrubby bits in it too, so it kind of doubles as a scrub. I also think it would make a nice cleanser, leaves your face nice and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Winnie15

I love love love this mask!...It smells amazing!!!...It leaves my face feeling clean without drying it out too much!...I dont really find the seaweed bits annoying, I just squish them into the mask and they stick on...and when i wash it off, it doubles as a scrub...and i like that!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by kgl965

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't find the seaweed bits too annoying - I didn't have any fall off, and they didn't clog the sink or make it hard for me to apply it or wash it off. They do seem a bit odd and rather unnecessary, though.

The mask worked well - the kaolin was mildly cleansing but it was also a nice moisturising mask that didn't leave my skin with that over-dry feeling that a lot of masks with clay in them do.

My main complaint is that it doesn't come in smaller containers! I'm struggling to finish it before its expiration date, and am using it much more often that I really need to. I feel like at least half of it is going to waste.

It also has an odd smell, but it's not too bad. I would buy this again (although probably try and share it with someone!), but I also want to try other Lush masks that give a deeper cleanse.