December 20, 2014 | 906 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by shirininx

My skin: combination, oily t-zone, dry in winter, Asian

I try staying away from LUSH as much as I can after the horrid experiences each time (each time!) I don't.

The other day I read on a blog (there's always a blog!) that their Sweet Lip lip scrub works a wonder. So I went in to get it. Naturally, I tried some other products and took home this one.

I applied a thick layer after shower and gently-as gentle as this stuff allows you-scrubbed away. It broke me out the next day!

Seriously. LUSH? Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mudfish_qx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at the Lush store, it being my first Lush sample of anything.

Since I knew I was going there, I did a quick search on MUA to see which masks got good ratings and this one was one of them.

Think of this as putting cold, whipped, and thick spinach dip on your face (only the 'spinach' and 'bits are seaweed and herbs). The mask is very hard to spread on your face. It's easier to use your fingertips than your palms. Directions say you have to sit for 10 minutes. I suggest you watch the clock because this product does not dry completely into a crackly mess.

Initially, it made no difference to my skin. I actually have pretty good skin that only needs brightning improvement. However, being in my late 20s I can actually discern the condition of my skin in the mornings.

This morning, after getting only 5 hours of sleep my skin looked amazing. I didn't even owe it to my mask - I just happened to notice. In the shower, I realized it was this mask.

Since I am a proud owner of many sheet masks and yogurts that are to be used on my face, I will purchase this when I actually will NEED a new mask.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Short and to the point...this mask stunk..bad. Not sure if I got a bad batch but I couldn't get past the smell. It smelled like rotten sushi. Didn't notice anything different w/my skin. Waste of money. Sorry LUSH but I will pass on this one :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

I used to be a big Lush fan. I tried just about every product for several years and then they lost me for a while and I pretty much used only bath bombs. Recently, I wandered into a Lush store for a cocoa butter lotion or massage bar since I am pregnant and want to prevent stretch marks. I started talking to a super friendly SA and she showed me all the new products. I decided to pick up a few of the fresh masks since, being pregnant, my skin is acting a little nuts. I normally have combo skin that is clear but the "pregnancy glow" is really just oil and I've been breaking out. Plus my skin just hasn't felt great. She recommended BB Seaweed, Brazened Honey and Oatifix. I bought all three since they are cheap at only $5-6 CDN. Last night, I used BB Seaweed. You don't need much and the smell was non-offensive (and trust me, my sense of smell is VERY sensitive these days). It was quick and easy. When I rinsed off, the first thing I noticed was my skin was SUPER soft and smooth. It was literally glowing! I looked like I had just had a spa facial. I was actually floored since, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Throughout the day today, my skin has looked great and felt better than it has in weeks and weeks. I definitely can't wait to try the other masks and see the prolonged effects. I also plan to head back to Lush to check out their other skin care products.
My one complaint (and it's a major one) about Lush: THE PARABENS!!!! They DO NOT need to use parabens. Many, many skin care lines are eliminating parabens and Lush needs to get with the program and catch up. Parabens are toxins and not natural! Come on, Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

Love this masks, cleanses and detoxifies. Leaves skin feeling fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

This was average compared to the other fresh face masks. This one was messy to put on as clumps of seaweed kept falling off- so I felt like the product was not staying on my face. After rinsing off I didn't notice any difference in my face texture. This was also a HUGE mess. The seaweed clogged my sink and I had to remove it from the drain by hand as it wrapped around the inner piece and became clogged. I do love the other masks though. I still would encourage a try as I may have gotten a bad batch

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

as much as i love buying lush products, ive always been kinda skeptical of them as i dont think they meature up to the crazy prices lush charges. however this mask is something different! i have oily skin that is not prone to break outs but prone to glim like a spot light..good times....i dont know what they put into this mask but it makes my skin so so so super soft. i dont think it does much for oil controlling but im sold on how soft and nice it makes my skin! it smells okay and is much easier to put on/take off than cupcake!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I went into lush with the problem of very dry flaky skin on my cheeks. first we tired cosmetic catastrophe, which just dried me out more (I threw it in the freezer and will use it in the summer when my skin is oily again) So I went back the next day and another SA suggested I try BB Seaweed. The first time I tried it it didn't really do much however my makeup artist friend gave me a little brush to scrub off the flakey skin with, then to use this, and WOW what a difference, I've done three rounds and my skin is almost totally smooth again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mmmagique

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this almost every night for a week now. It calms down the redness in my face (along with using some other lush products eu roma-which in the future I will make myself- baby face-to remove makeup- and aqua marina- a wonderful face cleanser that also calms the redness in my face) and it works wonderfully.

I leave it on for about 20 minutes (after washing first with baby face-discontinued btw) remove with a warm damp washcloth, mist some au roma on my face and finish up with a slight amt. of Celestial Moisturizer. (sometimes I also use the aqua marina after removing the mask.)

Before I used Lush products I had to pile on tons of foundation to hide the redness and the flakiness from the dry skin that went along with it. It was also painful at times. Now, I just love to touch my face! It's so soft and smooth! The redness is about 75% gone and there is no more flakiness. I still use some foundation, but it's not nearly as necessisary as before. I also have more options in foundation as it doesn't *have* to be ultra moisturizing and heavy.

I'm still looking for something to give my face a bit of a glow...this mask doesn't do that, but it takes away redness and adds moisture, so I'm very pleased!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smelled great, sounded promising but unfortunately it irritated my face and made it red and made it hurt. :( Too bad.