November 28, 2014 | 1341 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jenabeall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ultrabland! Everything from lush is pricy but you get what you pay for. I have dry/combo skin and this is an amazing makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer. When my sling feels especially dry I'll even keep ultrabland on as a face mask for 10 minutes. This is an amazing product and I will be definitely repurchasing and recommending to all of my girlfriends. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I strongly recommend people try this as a sample before committing. Frankly, reading other reviews, I'm also not convinced that everyone's Ultrabland is the same. Sometimes it's hard to even believe we are all reviewing the same product.

As it says on the pot:
"Make-up stays on because it's made with oils and waxes. Beeswax is the gentlest ingredient to take it off."

Okay, then what do you use to take the Ultrabland off? This seems to be a rather polarising product, with some commenters insisting that people who don't like it aren't removing it correctly, and others who feel like I do. On that note, I find it odd that a beeswaxy product is supposed to get all your makeup off, when oil is an effective way to get waxes AND makeup off. This product does not stack up to coconut oil as an eye makeup remover, as I am really not into exfoliating my eyelids and undereye areas.

Well, I followed all the instructions, and I can't follow them more perfectly, and I cannot get this product off my face, without another step of using oil - which I was trying to replace by trying this product. I do like the slight graininess as a very gentle exfoliator, and coupled with a coconut oil removal after, I like the product a lot more. It's a bit expensive to be using a makeup remover on a makeup remover, though...

I make my own lotions and lotion bars, but I haven't made facial ones yet because I like to use beeswax, and beeswax can be pore-clogging for your face. I thought I'd try this anyway, because so many people gave it such rave reviews. Of course, I found it clogged my pores.

This product is bizarre to me. I can only assume that this is an issue of consistency (perhaps the product is simply not the same all the time depending on who makes it) as well as the good ol' "what works for one may not work for another".

This product may work for you, or it may REALLY not. Be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Ramalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite cleanser ever! I have typical teenage skin, which is combination, often dull and I get the odd hormonal breakout. I was always under the illusion that make up wipes remove all my make up but how wrong I was! Personally when using I take the majority of my make up off with a wipe and let my face air dry. I take about a 10p piece and work it into my face in small circular motions. I put it all over my eyes and kind of rub in between my lashes to remove ALL mascara. (I also work it into my eyebrows as I got a bit too keen with my tweezers and took too much off... This has made my eyebrow hair a lot less dry/ wirey and it grows in all the right places!) I usually leave it on for about a minute whilst a flannel soaks in hot water. I ring out my flannel and place if over my face, essentially steaming it! I then wipe all the cleanser off rinsing my flannel out in between. I've never had any problems trying to remove it, and my skin feels smooth, soft and supple afterwards, without having to moisturise. I've used it for about 2 months and my skin is so much more radiant, smooth and firm! I would definitely repurchase, even though I've barely used any of my tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by YookooOonoo

UPDATE: I am sad to report that after a little over a month of use my face is breaking out like it has never broken out before. I have never experienced a breakout of this magnitude, and the only change to routine has been swapping the soap for ultrabland. gonna have to give it a thumbs down.

Dear Lush People: never, ever, ever, ever, stop making this product. I have PCOS so my skin is problematic to say the least, and I'm very weary of trying stuff. Bought this after a splurge-spree when the girl tested it on my hand and it seemed like voodoo it removed red, red lipstick so well. Fast forward to a week of use and I am in love. I absolutely adore this product and will never give it up! My skin is soft and glowing. Yay Lush!!

P.S. Breath of God perfume so totally weird, yet so totally awesome at the same time. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really torn about this product. So torn I can't even decide to keep it or return it for something else. Background: I am going through an intensely reactive period. My skin hates EVERYTHING, even/especially sensitive skin products. Hopefully your skin is less fussy.

Pros: Cleans gently. Doesn't strip skin or leave it dehydrated. Does not seem to cause a reaction in my insanely sensitive skin. Seems to calm my skin when it gets reactive. Leaves my skin nicely moisturized.

Cons: Seems to be breaking me out badly. The jury's still out on whether Ultrabland is the culprit, but it is one of the prime suspects. It's hard to be sure that I am getting all of the cleanser or all of my makeup off. Does not foam, so I need a lot of product to get the job done. Expensive.

I would probably repurchase as a treatment when my skin gets reactive, but this is not the HG daily cleanser I was hoping for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Nicolebby

I never intended to use this stuff, let alone like and purchase it. I am finishing up a sample of it, and then I will definitely be purchasing the full size, I love it that much!

Every time I go into LUSH, it seems like they recommended Ultrabland, which had sort of turned me away from it, since I didn't want it, express interest in it, or even LOOK at it-yet they ALWAYS recommend it. But the last time I went into the store, a really nice associate slipped a sample into my bag, and I decided to give it a go.

I love it! A little goes a long way with this cleanser. And trust me, I wear quite a bit of makeup. I am talking full coverage foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blush, concealer, lipstick, the whole deal, and this removes it all wonderfully. And feels so much better on my skin than my beloved Ponds Evening Soothe Wipes. It is just so gentle and feels so good to smooth on my skin without all the rubbing involved in using a wipe. Also, I love the sort of oily, greasy texture of this cleanser even though I have combination skin, it does not make me feel more oily.

To use Ultrabland, I just get a tiny amount and massage it all over my face, to include my eyes. Then I take a wash cloth that has been soaking in hot water and lay it over my face for a couple seconds. After that, I just wipe away whatever is left, and I have instantly smooth soft skin without a trace of makeup or oily reside. I always follow with my Clarisonic Mia2, and since removing my makeup with this cleanser, significantly less makeup is on my brush head than with my previous method using wipes.

The only reason that I didn't give it five lippies is because the pot, which I typically love is a bit unsanitary for this, since when I don't feel as though I have enough product, I can't just dip my fingers back in and get more, I have to rinse my hands off completely. Also, it is a bit expensive for makeup remover in my opinion.

Edit: I finished the sample, purchased the full size, and I can see this lasting me quite awhile. So little is needed to really coat the face, that I definitely feel like I am going to get my monies worth out of this. The greasy texture that people speak of, I do not experience when using a hot cloth to rinse it off, I am just left with silky, smooth, makeup-free, skin. I will definitely repurchase when the time comes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really not sure how I feel about this.

The pluses are - I love the texture, it feels lovely on my skin and I enjoy using natural products on my face. When I'm wearing very minimal makeup, I feel like it cleanses nicely.

The negatives are - I don't feel I can get heavier makeup off very easily at all. No matter how much I massage my eyes, mascara (even very light stuff) and eyeliner etc just doesn't come off. If I wear full coverage foundation, I feel it just smears it around. I then have to soap my face twice - once to get the oily residue off, then again to actually clean my face. So in essence, it negates any of the natural goodness of the product.

I bought this as I had used up all my Clinique Take The Day Off Balm, but I kind of wish I'd waited and bought that instead. It might not be all natural, but I can get everything off my face easily and it doesn't leave a hard to wash off residue.

I don't think I'd buy it again although I don't hate it. It's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mischaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So when I first bought this, the lady told me that, with my sensitive skin, this would be a great cleanser for me. After trying it, I didn't really find it that great a cleanser... It doesn't really have enough oomph to it. The next day, I gave it a shot just as a makeup remover, and it worked great! I know a lot of people complain about the weird oily layer it leaves over your skin, but to be honest I find that it is a nice little moisturiser :) And if I don't want that moisture layer, I'll just spray some toner water onto my face and wipe it off with a cotton pad, and that does the trick. Besides, I generally clean my skin after that with a different product, to make sure my pores and clean and clear.

There are a bunch of other makeup removers that can do just as good a job as Ultrabland, but I prefer this for it's natural ingredients. Would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Evelyn79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at first, because I'm not the type of girl who likes to wash her face with washcloth, but then I realised that I can mix this with my regular cleansing gel and that works just fine! So when I have makeup or sunscreen on, I add this to Clinique's facial soap mild and wash my face with that combination. Works very well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LUSH Ultrabland is one of those products that has quickly become a staple for me. It's HG, it's on my Desert Island list, yadda yadda. It's got a great formula of beeswax and almond oil that cuts through makeup without overcleansing my skin. I have combination-dry skin, and it's pretty sensitive. I would use makeup removing wipes to remove most of my makeup, then I would use a cleanser to get the rest. As you could imagine, this left my face feeling less than awesome as it was repeatedly stripped of its natural oils. Enter Ultrabland. I took a sample home, and had to come back and buy it after two weeks because it was so awesome. I put it on my dry face, making sure to massage it in and get all of my eyeliner and (yes, even waterproof!) mascara off. Then I take a washcloth that's been soaking in HOT water and lay it on my face. I leave it on my face for a few seconds, and wipe the Ultrabalm away. I repeat the process until everything is off my face. If you don't use hot water, you won't cut through the beeswax, and you'll have that waxy feeling of something left on your face. Best of all, this cleanser is so gentle that it's actually improved my skin. The mornings after I use it at night, my skin is softer, more clear, and I see fewer red patches and angry areas. As you could imagine, that's why I loved it so much! Plus, the experience of the hot cloth and Ultrabland is SO relaxing, and I look forward to wearing makeup now - just so I can use Ultrabland at night to take it off. :) Definitely pop by LUSH and grab a sample of this one, folks! You won't regret it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No