September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always worn and owned a lot of blue based reds, but was looking for a warmer and yellowy-orange shade and totally fits the bill. Very creamy, pigmented, and surprisingly long wearing lipstick, probably due to the matte formula. I like that for a yellow-orange undertone this lipstick doesn't make my teeth look yellow. Compliments my fair complexion (MAC NC15) and red hair perfectly. Definitely a winner and a lipstick I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Juana82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!! I own Russian Red which is too RED for daytime..so I wanted something more subtle and got this! Love the orange/brown mix in this color!! I can wear this and not feel like everyone is staring at my lips all day..lol..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by neeronica

Really love this red. I started using this colour a few months ago and have not since touched any of my other red l/s' (except for Revlon's In the Red matte l/s since it is soo flattering). I've recently been enjoying blotting a first coat of Chili, and layering on a sheer brown-ish (like MAC's Retro) shade to make it more wearable for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes Chili is good. It's the perfect balance of brown, red, and orange and it's not too 'stoplight'-looking on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by swanseaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick because I was really wanting to find something that didn't make my lips look wet. I love the matte finish, but this one seems to leave my lips a little more dry than my other mattes. I have a friend that pulls this shade off flawlessly, so I wanted to give it a try. After reading the reviews on here and finding that it seems to go best with olive skin, I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to pull it off with my pale complexion. Although I think the way I apply it might have something to do with my disappointment, it really just doesn't work for me. It smears so easily and leaves my lips really dry. I don't think I would buy this shade again unless I can learn to pull it off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by jan0124

nice color unfortunately what I can't get past is the texture. I've worn it the last couple days & it's pretty warm red that goes nicely w/my light olive complexion. after a couple hours however, my lips are horribly dry.
this one's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Reese325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is about the only red lipstick I've ever been able to wear, probably because it is sort of a persimmon-y color rather than a true red. The warm undertones are flattering to my very pale skin and don't overpower me the way most reds, even with warm undertones, do. I probably don't wear this "full strength", but it is still a distinct, strong statement. This is about the darkest color I'm able to wear, but I find myself reaching for it a lot more than I expected to. Looks beautiful; I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lookof1940

When I wore this for the first time, on Halloween this year, when my "flapper" costume/ensemble included a black "modern millie" (tiered, Calvin Klien, $100.00) dress, an off-white white wool swing coat (also just over $100.00), a cool Chanel-looking necklace ($40.00) and a 6" wide, 4' long (rabbit) fur accent "stole," the very handsome late-40s waiter at the restaurant we (me, my husband, and our then-13-mo. old baby) went to after the Halloween party couldn't take his eyes off me the whole time we were in the restaurant and grabbed the chance to visit our table to pay attention to the "baby" once my husband left to go to the washroom.

I am 40, petite, and 123 lbs., not exactly skinny (yet), due to the baby. AND my hair was in its very-very-curly state (think Juliana Margulies in her ER days--but a bit MORE curly), which (sadly) usually makes me feel less-than, b/c I look wayyyy better with my hair straight and classic looking (out of rollers), especially b/c I have a heart-shaped face. (Let's face it: certain hair styles really DO work better with certain face shapes.)

I hold Chili responsible for all of the attention I got. It looks great, especially on my NC20 golden olive skin, and it brings out my dark brown eyes with olive green undertones.

Yes, (sing along): all-I-want-for-Christmas-is-to-wear-Chi-li...to wear Chi-li...to wear Chi-li...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chili helps me to achieve the Sade circa 1985 look. This red is warm enough and strong enough without being garishly bright. I agree with the reviewer who called this an autumn red--very true. The matte finish is just right because I feel that if it were in an amplified finish, it would be too intense. Sometimes you want a red that teeters between subtle and sultry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I *adore* Chili. This is really an awesome color for anyone with yellow-toned or olive skin. As one of MAC's matte lipsticks, it tends to be a bit drying, but will stay put for hours without budging. This is a wonderfully flattering shade with great lasting power. I use it with MAC's pencil liner in Auburn and it's a perfect match. Amazing shade, amazing formula -- will repurchase!