April 16, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another Shiseido product I've used consistently for quite a while now regardless of what sunscreen and makeup I'm using. I find that it removes most of the Shiseido Ultimate sunscreens (cream/lotion) and easily removes other sunscreens, and all my makeup, including my tenacious waterproof mascara. I also use it in the mornings to get rid of flakies and it also helps slip out miniscule balls of whatever is in my clogged pores (I can feel them rolling around as I massage my face and see them on my hands when I look very closely; the longer I massage the more come out). I've found that since I've started using this, I'm less prone to cosmetic breakouts (as opposed to hormonal breakouts).

I also use this to pre-cleanse my MAC skunk brush and then wash the brush w/ a mild cleanser or shampoo and it gets the synthetic part of the brush white and clean again.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Even when the pump is in the "locked" position, it still leaks so whenever I travel, I wrap and rubberband a papertowel around it, and then stuff it into a ziploc bag b/f placing into my travel makeup bag...

Note: I haven't used any other cleansing oil so I can't compare how well this performs to other cleansing oils (in part b/c it just worked so well from the get-go, I never wanted/needed to try another). I did just discover today a Japanese market that sells the Shiseido "drugstore" line of their facial products and will try and review the cleansing oil I noticed there once my current bottle of the Ultimate Cleansing Oil is gone...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by raspo

I was traveling to Chicago for three weeks and forgot to take my DHC oil cleanser.

I had planned to pick up some more spf 55 Shiseido foundation, and when I stopped at the Shiseido counter and chose my item, the SA asked me what I used to remove it. As I told her I used oil, I remembered that I didn't have my DHC with me, and she started talking about the ultimate cleansing oil.

Well, I had no idea where to find DHC in Chicago, and I was happy to get some oil right then and there, so I bought it and tried it that night.

Happily I like it much more than DHC - it doesn't feel like it dries me out (DHC did a bit), it didn't make me break out (Shu Uemura's did) and it didn't make my eyes water (Boscia's did). I always stayed with DHC out of inertia - but now I am glad I've given the Shiseido a try. This is the best cleansing oil I have tried, without a doubt.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by peachsugar

I love this product, and wish I had found it earlier. Perfect for removing my Shiseido SPF 55 cream every day. I use this at night (make sure your face is DRY) and massage over my face, rinse, then use the extra gentle cleansing foam after. It hasn't made me break out at all. In the morning I don't wash my face again, I just apply sunscreen and some more moisturizer if my face is dry. This oil does a very thorough job. I have fair, asian, sensitive, combination-dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by susan717

I have been using this oil cleanser for over 1 month, and it has been great. I don't have any more problems with clogged pores and white heads especially on my T-zone. I now can enjoy clear skin after using this cleanser with White Lucent Foaming cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by awaylett

I love, love this product. I can't believe how good my skin feels after I cleanse my skin with this. I use this on my dry face, rinse it off, then use my Neoceuticals cleanser to get the remainder off. My skin feels soooo smooth afterwards. Has caused no breakouts and gets off all traces of my Shiseido 55+++ sunblock and makeup. Great product! It may seem weird to smooth this over your skin because it's oil. It took a couple of days to get use to it, having combo/oily skin. But I've read a lot of info on internet on how oils are good for a person with oily skin and prone to breakouts. Although I'm not prone to breakouts, I do get a couple of cystic acne a month around that time we ladies dread. I've been using for about five weeks, and no breakouts at all. I try not to review an item before a month, unless I absolutely hate it. But try this, your skin will thank you afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's so easy to use, you don't need anything else other than the cleanser. To be used on dry face with dry hands, it washes off everything. And easy to wash off. I love it especially after a big night, I wear a lot of make-up and when I come home in the wee hours of the morning, I just use this cleanser, no messing around with different make-up removers and cotton pads. I will definitely be repurchasing in future. My favourite cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was convinced to buy this product by a salesperson, and I'm happy to say that I have no regrets!
It is an excellent product for removing makeup, sunscreen, water-proof mascara, etc. and leaves your skin feeling pleasantly soft. You apply it to dry skin, and upon contact with water, it becomes milky and rinses off completely. It leaves no oily residue. I have been using the cleansing oil for 5 months and it has never caused a break-out (I am prone to 'adult-acne' around the jawline). The fragrance is hardly noticeable, so I find it hard to describe. It's wonderful to use alone as a cleanser, or simply as a makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by thebonita

I've been using Shiseido The Ultimate Cleansing Oil for over 6 months now and I think it's safe to say that I love it. The only other oil cleanser I've tried other than the Shiseido is DHC's which was ok but quite drying.

This cleansing oil removes absoultely everything, makeup, grime, and really stubborn sunscreen. It goes on so smooth, not tacky or uncomfortable. It rinses off 100% without a trace- leaving no residue or film, which should be a very important aspect of a cleansing oil. It leaves my skin so clean afterwards and it does not dry me out.

Packaging: It comes in a pump bottle, similar to most cleansing oils.

Size: 150 ml. One bottle lasted me over 3 months with *almost* daily use. It's pretty incredible!

This *is* fragranced which I normally really dislike in skin products but the fragrance in this isn't overpowering or unpleasant and it hasn't irritated me at all.

My skintype: clog/acne prone, combination, sometimes sensitive. For reference, I'm on a retinoid routine.

This hasn't caused any clogs, break outs, irritation, or dryness.

INGREDIENTS: mineral oil, cetyl octanoate, PEG-10 isostearate, cyclomethicone, PEG-12 diisostearate, water, PEG-8 diisostearate, phenyl trimethicone, isostearic acid, alcohol denatured, tocopherol, fragrance.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sonyaback

Love it! It is a make-up remover and cleaner in one. It will def. do the job of cleaning all the dirt and make-up off your face. Feels great afterwards and no need to use any other separate cleansers! The packaging is nothing special and the price is moderate compared to other cleansers but this product really does do what it says it will do. Ultimate cleansing! If you use a waterproof sunscreen, this is the only thing that will take it off without leaving residue or a light film on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhite21

I bought this cleansing oil yesterday. I wanted a cleansing oil that was mineral oil based because that is the oil that my skin is least sensitive too. It removed my makeup and sunscreen very well without over-drying. So far, I have had no breakouts from this product. (but I have only used it once). So far I really like it! The only thing that holds me back is the price, which is pretty expensive for what it is. Will update!

UPDATE: I never had any breakouts with this product, but I think I needed something a little more effective because my blackheads were not budging. I'm keeping the rating of a five because this is still a very nice cleansing oil for someone with sensitive and blackhead free skin. I switched to Dermalogica Precleanse and I like it so far!
continued >>