October 1, 2014 | 2033 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by missannabelle

I used this product for awhile with good results, until I studied the ingredient list and realized that... this is just a standard *mineral oil*.. that's all there is!! I don't understand how a company can blatantly dress up such a standard product and sell it for what is basically a highway robbery of a price. For those you who liked it, like I did, guess what? Mineral oil *is* the best type of cleansing oil as well as moisturizer, but you can find it at any drug store for a fraction of the price.

Plus.. this contains ALCOHOL... wow is there ever a more irritating ingredient for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by zipz

Love this product! This is my first cleansing oil ever and I bought it because the Shiseido beauty consultant recommended it when I got the Ultimate Sun Protection SPF30+. Was a bit apprehensive at first but after the first use and washing it off, my skin was extremely smooth and clean! No traces of sunscreen whatsoever and more importantly, no oilyness. It did not break me out and like one reviewer below commented, it does remove whatever that clogs my pores as I could see it on my fingers and feel it while massaging the oil on my face. Definitely will repurchase, no doubts.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this together with Shiseido's sunscreen. The BA explained that the sunscreen can be removed well with this. It's one of the better cleansing oil I have used. It cleans well, removing sunscreen, powders etc. The oil applies easily, emulsifies well into a creamy-milky texture that rinses off easily without leaving too much of an oily feel, and it doesn't smart/sting the eyes at all, though I kept my eyes opened. I follow it up with a foamy cleanser for a thorough wash as I am used to double cleansing.
However, I can't stand the smell. Find it too over powering.
I am back to Dermalogica's Pre Cleanse, though it smarts my eyes. It smells heavenly to me & since I don't wear eye make up, keeping my eyes closed while using it is a small price to pay. It cleans well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another Shiseido product I've used consistently for quite a while now regardless of what sunscreen and makeup I'm using. I find that it removes most of the Shiseido Ultimate sunscreens (cream/lotion) and easily removes other sunscreens, and all my makeup, including my tenacious waterproof mascara. I also use it in the mornings to get rid of flakies and it also helps slip out miniscule balls of whatever is in my clogged pores (I can feel them rolling around as I massage my face and see them on my hands when I look very closely; the longer I massage the more come out). I've found that since I've started using this, I'm less prone to cosmetic breakouts (as opposed to hormonal breakouts).

I also use this to pre-cleanse my MAC skunk brush and then wash the brush w/ a mild cleanser or shampoo and it gets the synthetic part of the brush white and clean again.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Even when the pump is in the "locked" position, it still leaks so whenever I travel, I wrap and rubberband a papertowel around it, and then stuff it into a ziploc bag b/f placing into my travel makeup bag...

Note: I haven't used any other cleansing oil so I can't compare how well this performs to other cleansing oils (in part b/c it just worked so well from the get-go, I never wanted/needed to try another). I did just discover today a Japanese market that sells the Shiseido "drugstore" line of their facial products and will try and review the cleansing oil I noticed there once my current bottle of the Ultimate Cleansing Oil is gone...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by raspo

I was traveling to Chicago for three weeks and forgot to take my DHC oil cleanser.

I had planned to pick up some more spf 55 Shiseido foundation, and when I stopped at the Shiseido counter and chose my item, the SA asked me what I used to remove it. As I told her I used oil, I remembered that I didn't have my DHC with me, and she started talking about the ultimate cleansing oil.

Well, I had no idea where to find DHC in Chicago, and I was happy to get some oil right then and there, so I bought it and tried it that night.

Happily I like it much more than DHC - it doesn't feel like it dries me out (DHC did a bit), it didn't make me break out (Shu Uemura's did) and it didn't make my eyes water (Boscia's did). I always stayed with DHC out of inertia - but now I am glad I've given the Shiseido a try. This is the best cleansing oil I have tried, without a doubt.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by peachsugar

I love this product, and wish I had found it earlier. Perfect for removing my Shiseido SPF 55 cream every day. I use this at night (make sure your face is DRY) and massage over my face, rinse, then use the extra gentle cleansing foam after. It hasn't made me break out at all. In the morning I don't wash my face again, I just apply sunscreen and some more moisturizer if my face is dry. This oil does a very thorough job. I have fair, asian, sensitive, combination-dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by susan717

I have been using this oil cleanser for over 1 month, and it has been great. I don't have any more problems with clogged pores and white heads especially on my T-zone. I now can enjoy clear skin after using this cleanser with White Lucent Foaming cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by awaylett

I love, love this product. I can't believe how good my skin feels after I cleanse my skin with this. I use this on my dry face, rinse it off, then use my Neoceuticals cleanser to get the remainder off. My skin feels soooo smooth afterwards. Has caused no breakouts and gets off all traces of my Shiseido 55+++ sunblock and makeup. Great product! It may seem weird to smooth this over your skin because it's oil. It took a couple of days to get use to it, having combo/oily skin. But I've read a lot of info on internet on how oils are good for a person with oily skin and prone to breakouts. Although I'm not prone to breakouts, I do get a couple of cystic acne a month around that time we ladies dread. I've been using for about five weeks, and no breakouts at all. I try not to review an item before a month, unless I absolutely hate it. But try this, your skin will thank you afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's so easy to use, you don't need anything else other than the cleanser. To be used on dry face with dry hands, it washes off everything. And easy to wash off. I love it especially after a big night, I wear a lot of make-up and when I come home in the wee hours of the morning, I just use this cleanser, no messing around with different make-up removers and cotton pads. I will definitely be repurchasing in future. My favourite cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was convinced to buy this product by a salesperson, and I'm happy to say that I have no regrets!
It is an excellent product for removing makeup, sunscreen, water-proof mascara, etc. and leaves your skin feeling pleasantly soft. You apply it to dry skin, and upon contact with water, it becomes milky and rinses off completely. It leaves no oily residue. I have been using the cleansing oil for 5 months and it has never caused a break-out (I am prone to 'adult-acne' around the jawline). The fragrance is hardly noticeable, so I find it hard to describe. It's wonderful to use alone as a cleanser, or simply as a makeup remover.