Alba Botanica Sugar Cane Body Polish

4.4

Not tested on animals

Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, certified organic saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) juice, silica, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, honey, tocopherol (vitamin E), and botanical fragrance.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best sugar scrub I've ever used. I like that it's scrubby, and the sugar & oils are mixed throughout (i.e. no layer of oil on top).

It smells really yummy too, and scent layers well w/ all my vanilla-based perfumes. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I am a shower type girl so I like this for a little luxury even if you don't take baths. It exfoliates well, but since it is sugar, it doesn't sting like salt can. I love the gel consistency - I have used other body polishes that separate out, but this is really easy to apply since the sugar is suspended through out the polish. It exfoliates but it is moisturizing and it smells really great, sweet but not cloying. And it seems like it will last so that's ten bucks well spent, in my opinion.

I love this stuff. It's really gritty, and I apply it to dry skin for the maximum exfoliating power. Since I like to ensure total allover smoothness, I tend to go through body scrubs like mad, which makes the ten-dollar price tag more bearable than the twenty-dollar price tag of my former favorite scrub, Bath and Body Works' Tutti Dolci Body Buff. But this product is way better anyway, because it has almost all natural ingredients and I love the smell and formulation. It's very sticky, but I can live with that. I use my Origins A Perfect World body lotion or Curel Ultra Healing after I exfoliate with this, which leaves me pretty slippery, but the next day my skin is intoxicatingly soft (as my boyfriend would say to me).

This my HG body-polish now. Easy to use, smells sweet, leaves skin velvet-smooth, hydrated and yummy. Very spa-like experience! This jar and other Alba products also look very nice in my bathroom.

This is an excellent scrub that seems to have the perfect balance of oil and sugar. It never feels too greasy or too harsh. I find this product to be a real treat and am already on my 3rd jar. This is from someone who tires easily of products and works very hard to finish one without trying something different. This Alba scrub has become a staple that I look forward to using. Oh, I forgot to mention that I find the scent heavenly.

Mmmmmm...this smells soo good! and it exfoliates quite gently. Doesn't leave a greasy film on skin either. I think I might like the Salt scrub better though because of the reviews on MUA it seems that it might be a little more scrubby. I'll review that one next.

i love the way this stuff smells, which is pretty much all that is needed to sell me on thie product. but also, compared to other body scrubs i've tried, it's less abrasive on my sensitive skin, yet still does a good job exfoliating. will rebuy.

I tried this because of it's reviews. I like the scent when you apply it but the smell doesn't last very long. My skin is soft but I don't have dry skin normally. I am going to try a couple other items before I go back to this.

I love this stuff! I had the Origins Ginger Scrub before, and I used to like it, but this one is just awesome. I think the granules are just the right size, it is just oily enough without being greasy, and smells nutty and sweet.
I bought it at Target for about $11.

I hate to write a negative review of this scrub as I love most of the Alba Hawaiian line and especially the sea salt scrub. I have to admit this has a wonderful fragrance and the scrubbing quality is above average, however it was just way too greasy and I had to wash two times with soap to get rid of the residue which defeats its moisturizing properties. The sea salt scrub on the other hand leaves behind just a little oil and leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and refreshed.