Mary Kay Oil-free hydrating gel

4.2

Water, dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerine, propylene glycol, cyclohexasiloxane, betaine, camellia senensis extract, algae extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium pca, proline, arginine, glycine, alanine, lysine, glutomic acid, serine, threonine, sorbitol, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glyceryl polyacrylate, C13-14 isoparaffin, polyacrylamide, peg-12, dimethicone, carbomer, laureth-7, disodium edta, benzophenone-4, triethaolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, dmom hydantoin. EXT violet 2, red 40.

on 4/7/2008 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. On days I wear makeup, this is my moisturizer. It smooths out my skin with out making it greasy, and most importantly, not clogging pores. This is the ONLY lotion that does not break me out. How many lotions have I tried? Oh, I don't know ... a billion. When a fellow acne-suffering friend introduced me to Mary Kay Hydrating Gel, I had my doubts. Now I am a believer. This is an HG product for me. As it is very light, I do not recommend it for those who require heavy duty moisturizers.

Edit 2013: Mary Kay is no longer cruelty free, as the company sells in China. I am searching for a new moisturizer.

on 3/12/2008 6:22:00 AM

I tried this since it seemed to have decent reviews. I have oily, acne prone skin. I need a light moisturizer that is oil free. I had high hopes for this. :(

I applied it at night and it seemed to soak in my skin quickly in some areas, but others it just pooled on top of my skin. I had to blot my face before I went to bed.

When I woke up, I had two big pimples around my mouth and a deep one on my chin. Nothing else has changed in my routine so it has to be this. I will definitely not use this again.

on 2/2/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A light moisturizer for oily/combo skin that doesn't leave you feeling like an oil slick. I use this at night since it has no SPF. I would love this in a pump formula, but the packaging is nice. There is no fragrance either and my sensitive skin/nose appreciates that a lot

on 1/24/2008 12:14:00 AM

I am still trying to find the big difference between this and Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra. It's very comfortable, doesn't break me out, seems to be a good extra protector from winter cold and wind, and the little jar with the "spatula" is so adorable! This moisturizer goes a long way with me, but I don't use it every day either. As much as I like that jar, I wish it were in a tube or pump so it would be easier to take with me on little trips. Overall a very good moisturizer - immediately comforts my dry areas without making me feel "sticky".

on 12/31/2007 9:46:00 PM

This is a great oil-free gel. I tend to use it more during the winter months during the day. I use it over MK timewise misturizer and then I apply my foundation. It has never broke my skin out either. This is a very good quality gel for the money!

on 11/25/2007 12:16:00 AM

i've had a very hard time getting da right moisturizer because i'm acne prone.....and alot of the oil free moisturizer out there are not moisturizing enough if you were to put makeup on after.......but this works great..........it's oil free and alcohol free......and it gives your skin a very silky finish when you put it on........you can feel a layer of moisture on your face without feeling greasy.........i m so happy that i found it and can finally get it over with the aquasource thing from biotherm that contains so much alcohol that burns and irritate my skin......i think my face is alot softer and healthier after using this.....if you have combination or oily skin you should really give it a try.........i think this moisturizer is even soothing my pimples..........i'm so happy with it.......UPDATE: i've had horrible breakout last winter.......i went on a skiing trip and no matter how much i put this gel on my face, my face was still dryyyy...and then my face starts to act up cause of being so dehydrateddd.... i finally came around and stopped using this gel........and my face has gotten so much better...........i finally realized this gel is the cause of it all.......

on 10/10/2007 5:27:00 PM

At first I really liked this product (about 3 years ago) and then they must've changed the formula because it seems to burn when I put it on..It doesn't seem to moisturize much either anymore..

on 9/18/2007 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to have this product in the winter time! It is such a good moisturizer! Goes on nice and feels great!

So far I really like this...I got it in swap , wanted to try it because my skin is so dry from my acne treatments and this has no fragrance or oil. I love how it feels on my skin and it doesn't contribute to all of my skin problems, just creates a nice moist pallette to put my makeup over.

on 5/11/2007 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have acne prone oily skin - i searched high and low for a moisturiser that is oil-free but not too drying. I find its puurrfect under makeup! have been using it for about 3 weeks now.. and havent yet broken me out!

Popular Moisturizers