Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/5/2010 10:32:00 AM

This is nice. Cheap raspberry pink coloured lip balm. Slight minty taste, creamy texture. Looks like lipstick with heavy application but can be much more natural looking if you only apply a little.

Good if you like clear bright pinks. Natural

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Expensive, but the only thing I would ever considering repurchasing in this company's product line. I like the color of this one, and the fact that if you only put a bit it looks natural. Has a nice smell. Not a whole lots of staying power, and it comes out rather moist. Can smudge easily.

on 4/30/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not a big fan of the Burt's Bees products I've tried, but this is a winner! Great cool medium pink shade, feels good on the lips, moisturizes, lasts a fair amount of time and leaves a pretty stain when it wears off, comes in a stick instead of a pot, and it's cheap! This blows Korres

on 4/14/2010 6:12:00 PM

moisturizing and the color is great and natural. very few caking problems.

on 4/7/2010 9:04:00 PM

I have this in another colour, i did like it at first, kinda has a minty smell n cooling feeling, but dries on my lips n makes them kinda chapped. I only use it on top of my lipstick now, but overall it looks good, very shimmery.

on 4/5/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a bunch of these lip balms and I love this colour. In fact, it's always sold out in every store that I've looked in. I find it goes on well, moisturizes, stays put, and the colour (rhubarb) is a nice bright plummy pink - good for those who like a little purple or mauve in their lipstick. Good value for the money. Nice sweet minty scent. I have found the other colours to be too shimmery (peony, watermelon....) with less colour payoff.

on 2/18/2010 3:46:00 PM

My sister actually recommended this and it's the perfect natural looking color for me! I throw a little clear gloss over top if I want to "jazz it up" for going out and it looks just as good as the more expensive brands.

on 2/11/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This color looks horrible on me! I guess it's possible to look good on some people, perhaps someone with a very dark skin color, or someone who is not concerned about having a bright reddish purple (hard to describe) color on their lips. I cannot stand it, and I find the consistency to be annoying, too. Thick and glittery.

on 1/25/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This entire line is great. Smells good, soothing, and very pigmented. Down side is it's often sold out : ).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sad that this product isn't more popular! For me, it is the perfect MLBB!

For reference: I am a dirty blonde with dark hazel eyes and a bisque-to-beige skintone with warm-to-olive undertones. I think have pretty pigmented lips, although I'm not entirely sure.

How I Apply: Just lightly sweep it on! Very easy.

Price: $4.99 at my local CVS. Not the best price, considering how much product you're (not) getting! Not terrible though.

Packaging: Not the prettiest. Bright yellow with writing. I like the colored cap that indicated the color inside, even if it's not super exact. No physical malfunctions though.

Color: Very hard to describe, as seen by the variety of descriptions in these reviews. I would say it is a bright magenta-red, but not overly so. I cannot see any shimmer, let alone "chunky glitter". Pretty true color, maybe some blue undertones, but not overly so. Very MLBB on my pigmented lips. The perfect red.

Pigmentation: Pretty pigmented. I apply it fairly sheerly, but I'm sure others could make it full coverage.

Finish: Slightly glowy, healthy lips, like right after you apply lip balm. Not too glossy and definitely not frosty or streaky.

Texture: Less waxy than Burt's Bees other balms. Quite smooth, but not overly so.

Staying Power: Stains for a fairly long time, I'm not exactly sure how long.

Smell: Delicious signature Burt's Bees peppermint :D

Other Notes: Makes an excellent cheek stain too. Pretty moisturizing on lips, about as much as a Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

Buy It Again: Definitely! It's fairly cheap and very natural. Great for everyday.

Summary: Loved the color, staying power, smell, ability to become a cheek stain, texture, finish, and pigmentation. Not so crazy about the packaging. Overall, I give it 4.5 stars.

EDIT 6/8/10: I really, really love this stuff. Easy and subtle enough to apply in public, not messy like lipgloss, cheap, great for all seasons. Might be my HG lip product!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products