LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!...the packaging doesnt really bother me:/ and i dont find it a pain to apply....rub your finger into it, not onto it lol..them just swirl for like 30 seconds and it melts a sufficient amount and when you apply on lips...just rub em together and oh jeeze its like icing on a cake...it moisterizes wonderfully and can see myself purchasing this over and over again:) i actually like the fact that its in a little tin and that its a little ruff...i feel like the product lasts longer:) i absolutely love this :)

I bought this for my very dry lips a few months ago and haven't decided whether it was worth my time or not. The scent is pleasant and price reasonable and it feels nice on my lips. However, the packaging is a drag along with the fact it is pretty solid so literally needs to be warmed in my hands for 15 mins or so before I can apply without scooping some with the back of my nail. This just makes it frustrating to apply on the go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This comes in a cute tin, which is quite difficult to get open.. one lipstick gone.
It takes a while to warm up under the finger enough to spread evenly on the lips, but when it's on my lips feel smooth and moisturised. I'm a complete balm addict and go though a pot of Carmex every 3 weeks. With Lip Service though I didn't feel the need to reapply every 20 minutes as my lips still felt soft, even after an hour. I like the smell, though I can see why others might not. I can still smell it a couple fo hours after I last used it. The balm has a tendency to get quite filthy aswell. Mines full of glitter and specks of black that just won't leave. Don't think I'll be buying this one again, purely because of the packaging and the hardness of it. If they softened it up and found a better tub I would definitley buy it again.

I am a Honey Trap girl and have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I hate the solid texture. I mean come on, balms this solid should be made into a STICK...No one wants to stand there spending half their day rubbing their fingers in their pots of balms and nodding each other greetings. I don't like to keep my balms in my pocket because I always lose them. So this is major inconvenience for me. I prefer balms I can slide my finger right on it and onto my lips easily like Honey Trap. Now off to balm itself, once you manage to get enough on your lips, I find it a TERRIFIC lip primer for lipsticks or glosses, because it is matte and pretty moisturizing. Your lipstick will not slide right off it. It does a great job at softening, it makes your lips look and feel like little airy pillows, naturally =). However this is not as moisturizing as Honey Trap for me. Smell reminds me of Lush's T tree Simplex, a discontinued lip balm and THANK GOD they discontinued it because it was the worst 10 bucks spent on anything in this whole universe. Since I hated the T tree thing so much, I don't like this smell either now. I think I will keep this just as a lip primer. I am not into those concealer lip primers, and for transparent lip primers, this is a decent buy. Product is 10g, for $8.95 CAD. It is not expensive at all, considering anything you get in the drug store is around 4g and costs around $3-4 anyway and anything below that is waxy synthetic crap. Recommend this as a lip primer, do not recommend this as a lip balm by itself.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ok i know this lipbalm is too solid for some people so they dont give it a chance but please just melt it then use it and you'll love it! this lipbalm is SO moisturising! ive got over 300 lipbalms all different brands and this moisturises better and stays on longer than all of them. it makes my lips like silk and creates a kind of invisible film over the lips to protect them without looking shiny or feeling sticky, its silky smooth, i love gently dabbing it on with my ring finger you really feel it penetrate the lips, also its the only lipbalm that makes me wake up with pink, hydrated, smooth plump lips after applyin it before bed!(if you drink a big glass of water then apply alot of this lipbalm, then go to sleep, your lips look like you've used lip plumper, they're hydrated, pink and plump, exactly the same as when i use LipFusion before bed in this way!!!)... my boyfriend kissed me n said "mmm i like that lipbalm it smells like honey, ive never felt anything that feels as good as ur lips!!" (im abit of a lipbalm addict im constantly wearing a different brand/flavour, he always goes on about how soft my lips are, but hes never said he actually liked my lipbalm before, so it must be good! lol)... its a lemon-yellow hard balm, it smells just like sweet honey n oranges/tangerines with very slight floral natural undertones, no taste-maybe slightly like honey but not noticeable to me, only my boyfriend! lol its strange coz it has no honey in it but whenever i wear this he calls me his little honey n says he loves it, but he HATES honey trap! when i first opened it i thought woah its abit too solid! but when id rubbed my finger round in circles an warmed it up it was a really nice smooth balm, ive found if i just rub it straight onto my lips from the tin, its more hygenic & it melts quicker! (i usually leave it in my pocket or leave it sittin infront of me on the warm part of my laptop (like it is now!), when in bed i put it in my bra LOL. so it stays warm & ready to use!), it stays on alot longer than most lipbalms and really does make ur lips in great condition. love it! i love the look LUSH Lip Balms give my lips, they makes ur lips look plump smooth n natural coz they're not shiny/greasy they leave your lips kind of matte an pillowy soft, which i LOVE (look out for my reviews on all the other Lush Lipbalms!)

*UPDATE* on my second tin of this! (and i never re-buy things coz i always like to try something different, but couldnt live without this!), ive found LUSH products vary, the balm in my new tin isnt as hard as goes on thicker like pure cocoa butter would and melts on contact, also doesnt smell as strong, lovely!

*UPDATE2* on my third tin lol, still love ittt

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very thick and very moisturizing. A staple in anyone's wardrobe I would like to think. Mainly cocoa butter so its heavier than Lite Lip Balm. You do get a little bit of the Tangerine Oil taste...but more cocoa butter than anything.

BLEURGH!
This tastes like playdough! EWW. And the scent lingers forever.
I could look past this maybe even if it was a relitavely good lipblam. But it isn't. It is ridiculously hard to melt, hard as a stone. There isn't one good point about this.
Will NOT repurchase!

I've been using this lip gloss since high school (about 8 years!) and I can't go a day without it. I'm honestly in love. It feels natural, not goopy or waxy and it makes a good base for other glosses if you want colour or more shine. Plus it doesn't wear off right away like other lip balms can.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Classic lip service! I think it stays on for a really long time... It actually helps lips too! But the little tin gets dented easily... and its also hard. But I keep it in my pocket, or warm it up with a hair dryer, so its ok... It does last a very long time though, but the price is still very high for this little thing of balm. I paid 10 CDN, including tax... too much for a lip balm for me. I've heard good stuff about honey trap though, might try that next. But it gets 4 lippers for the great stay and moisture : D

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this lip balm! At first I hated it because it was so hard, but after hearing suggestions of keeping it in my pocket, I decided to do just that. It made the balm soft and spreadable, and just plain old fabulous. My lips feel softer than ever and I love the matte look that it creates.

Popular Lip Treatments