September 30, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bethch

BLEURGH!
This tastes like playdough! EWW. And the scent lingers forever.
I could look past this maybe even if it was a relitavely good lipblam. But it isn't. It is ridiculously hard to melt, hard as a stone. There isn't one good point about this.
Will NOT repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kris_brim

I've been using this lip gloss since high school (about 8 years!) and I can't go a day without it. I'm honestly in love. It feels natural, not goopy or waxy and it makes a good base for other glosses if you want colour or more shine. Plus it doesn't wear off right away like other lip balms can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Classic lip service! I think it stays on for a really long time... It actually helps lips too! But the little tin gets dented easily... and its also hard. But I keep it in my pocket, or warm it up with a hair dryer, so its ok... It does last a very long time though, but the price is still very high for this little thing of balm. I paid 10 CDN, including tax... too much for a lip balm for me. I've heard good stuff about honey trap though, might try that next. But it gets 4 lippers for the great stay and moisture : D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by roisinw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this lip balm! At first I hated it because it was so hard, but after hearing suggestions of keeping it in my pocket, I decided to do just that. It made the balm soft and spreadable, and just plain old fabulous. My lips feel softer than ever and I love the matte look that it creates.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm reasonably easy -- I can find a silver lining on almost any product -- but it's rare that I can say a single product delivers exactly what it promises, and then some. This does that. In fact, it does what it promises so well and with so few (read: zero) drawbacks that I am confident in my personal assertion that this is the most pleasing product -- not just lip balm, *product* in general -- I have ever, ever used. It's beyond HG lip balm. It's HG . . . thing. It may be the True Grail, for all I know. I'm just waiting for Harrison Ford to show up at my door demanding it. And when he does, my lips will be so perfectly, brilliantly smoothe from using it that I don't even think he'll fuss much when I set myself upon him for a killer snogfest. Yep: it's hard. Yep: you have to really dig your finger in there to pull up a chunk of product. And yep: it melts in almost the very second it touches your lips. It's matte, but not perfecly so -- I'd call it more "natural" finish, rather than purely matte. Either way, it's definitely not glossy and thus does not interfere with application or wear of lipstick, and would be (I'd imagine) perfect for those guys who won't use balm because of the sheen. I always use this at night and upon wake-up (even though the nighttime application is *still* present and accounted for) and usually under l/s or l/g. My lips are . . . they're . . . they're . . . GORGEOUS! Lip Service smoothes lines like nobody's business and keeps my lips looking so naturally moisturized and lovely that it's all I can do to keep from kissing strangers on the street, just to share the goodness. Really. It's just plain stingy to keep these lips to myself; they are so soft and plump and fantastic. I'll hack them off and send them to LUSH if they ever discontinue this balm.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by favola

I don't know, it's hard to say with this. It's either a hit or miss, and I think im leaning more towards miss. Smelled nice, but the softness never lasted. It went away after an hour or so and my lips would be dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

This is a tentative 4 and a tentative 'buy again' because when this stuff works, it REALLY works, lips so soft, smooth and natural-feeling with a pretty sheen, like you didn't have to put anything on to achieve them. And yet on a separate day and a separate application, this does next to nothing, I might as well be rubbing random oil on my lips. I love how it allows me to apply lipstick over it without it feeling waxy or sticky, and I actually enjoy having to warm it first, but I did have to get used to the texture. Other lipbalm addicts need to be warned that this has an unusual feel, because it feels very light and then sinks in on application, and for the first few hours I wore it, I conversely kept licking my lips or touching them because I just hadn't gotten used to the idea that a lipbalm couldn't be felt, but once I got past that hurdle, I learned to enjoy it. Now if it would only work consistently.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff. From the stupid tin that was almost impossible to open to the horribly hard balm that dried and and chapped my lips,the whole thing was crap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this lip balm time and time again. Yup, it's hard... very, very hard. You will not be applying this one with a lip brush. You will be using your fingertip (so wash your hands!) or mooshing your lips straight into the pot. Why is this mandatory? Because cocoa butter is solid but it melts at body temperature, and it would seem there's a whole wackload of cocoa butter in this stuff! I have no qualms about germs so I have no problem using my thumbnail to shave a bit of the prod off the top, then work it with my fingertip to make it more spreadable. That deceptively little tin actually holds a lot of product, and you know what's so genius about it? If you slip it into a pocket (and it's very pocket friendly), the balm warms up with the heat of your body and, ta da, becomes delightfully spreadable! Once this wears off, or sinks in, or does whatever it does, my lips feel like wee satin pillows. Don't you want that?? You know you do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Let's keep this short and simple.

This is the only product for lips that I've found (or made, yes, I've tried) that makes my lips smooth in the dead of winter.

It's cold and dry here. I mouth-breathe when I sleep. Not a good combination!

It doesn't smell like much--a subtle, true honey tinged with mild orange--and it looks and feels thick and gunky. I just stick it in my pocket or under my laptop for a minute and it's soft enough to take a tiny smidge and rub it in well.

Twice a day and my lips are smooth as can be!

Don't let the size fool you; this tiny tin can easily last the better part of a year.