LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

on 3/31/2009 1:57:00 AM

I am a Honey Trap girl and have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I hate the solid texture. I mean come on, balms this solid should be made into a STICK...No one wants to stand there spending half their day rubbing their fingers in their pots of balms and nodding each other greetings. I don't like to keep my balms in my pocket because I always lose them. So this is major inconvenience for me. I prefer balms I can slide my finger right on it and onto my lips easily like Honey Trap. Now off to balm itself, once you manage to get enough on your lips, I find it a TERRIFIC lip primer for lipsticks or glosses, because it is matte and pretty moisturizing. Your lipstick will not slide right off it. It does a great job at softening, it makes your lips look and feel like little airy pillows, naturally =). However this is not as moisturizing as Honey Trap for me. Smell reminds me of Lush's T tree Simplex, a discontinued lip balm and THANK GOD they discontinued it because it was the worst 10 bucks spent on anything in this whole universe. Since I hated the T tree thing so much, I don't like this smell either now. I think I will keep this just as a lip primer. I am not into those concealer lip primers, and for transparent lip primers, this is a decent buy. Product is 10g, for $8.95 CAD. It is not expensive at all, considering anything you get in the drug store is around 4g and costs around $3-4 anyway and anything below that is waxy synthetic crap. Recommend this as a lip primer, do not recommend this as a lip balm by itself.

on 3/10/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ok i know this lipbalm is too solid for some people so they dont give it a chance but please just melt it then use it and you'll love it! this lipbalm is SO moisturising! ive got over 300 lipbalms all different brands and this moisturises better and stays on longer than all of them. it makes my lips like silk and creates a kind of invisible film over the lips to protect them without looking shiny or feeling sticky, its silky smooth, i love gently dabbing it on with my ring finger you really feel it penetrate the lips, also its the only lipbalm that makes me wake up with pink, hydrated, smooth plump lips after applyin it before bed!(if you drink a big glass of water then apply alot of this lipbalm, then go to sleep, your lips look like you've used lip plumper, they're hydrated, pink and plump, exactly the same as when i use LipFusion before bed in this way!!!)... my boyfriend kissed me n said "mmm i like that lipbalm it smells like honey, ive never felt anything that feels as good as ur lips!!" (im abit of a lipbalm addict im constantly wearing a different brand/flavour, he always goes on about how soft my lips are, but hes never said he actually liked my lipbalm before, so it must be good! lol)... its a lemon-yellow hard balm, it smells just like sweet honey n oranges/tangerines with very slight floral natural undertones, no taste-maybe slightly like honey but not noticeable to me, only my boyfriend! lol its strange coz it has no honey in it but whenever i wear this he calls me his little honey n says he loves it, but he HATES honey trap! when i first opened it i thought woah its abit too solid! but when id rubbed my finger round in circles an warmed it up it was a really nice smooth balm, ive found if i just rub it straight onto my lips from the tin, its more hygenic & it melts quicker! (i usually leave it in my pocket or leave it sittin infront of me on the warm part of my laptop (like it is now!), when in bed i put it in my bra LOL. so it stays warm & ready to use!), it stays on alot longer than most lipbalms and really does make ur lips in great condition. love it! i love the look LUSH Lip Balms give my lips, they makes ur lips look plump smooth n natural coz they're not shiny/greasy they leave your lips kind of matte an pillowy soft, which i LOVE (look out for my reviews on all the other Lush Lipbalms!)

*UPDATE* on my second tin of this! (and i never re-buy things coz i always like to try something different, but couldnt live without this!), ive found LUSH products vary, the balm in my new tin isnt as hard as goes on thicker like pure cocoa butter would and melts on contact, also doesnt smell as strong, lovely!

*UPDATE2* on my third tin lol, still love ittt

on 3/5/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very thick and very moisturizing. A staple in anyone's wardrobe I would like to think. Mainly cocoa butter so its heavier than Lite Lip Balm. You do get a little bit of the Tangerine Oil taste...but more cocoa butter than anything.

on 11/15/2008 2:09:00 PM

BLEURGH!
This tastes like playdough! EWW. And the scent lingers forever.
I could look past this maybe even if it was a relitavely good lipblam. But it isn't. It is ridiculously hard to melt, hard as a stone. There isn't one good point about this.
Will NOT repurchase!

on 9/23/2008 10:36:00 PM

I've been using this lip gloss since high school (about 8 years!) and I can't go a day without it. I'm honestly in love. It feels natural, not goopy or waxy and it makes a good base for other glosses if you want colour or more shine. Plus it doesn't wear off right away like other lip balms can.

on 8/5/2008 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Classic lip service! I think it stays on for a really long time... It actually helps lips too! But the little tin gets dented easily... and its also hard. But I keep it in my pocket, or warm it up with a hair dryer, so its ok... It does last a very long time though, but the price is still very high for this little thing of balm. I paid 10 CDN, including tax... too much for a lip balm for me. I've heard good stuff about honey trap though, might try that next. But it gets 4 lippers for the great stay and moisture : D

on 5/8/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this lip balm! At first I hated it because it was so hard, but after hearing suggestions of keeping it in my pocket, I decided to do just that. It made the balm soft and spreadable, and just plain old fabulous. My lips feel softer than ever and I love the matte look that it creates.

on 4/12/2008 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm reasonably easy -- I can find a silver lining on almost any product -- but it's rare that I can say a single product delivers exactly what it promises, and then some. This does that. In fact, it does what it promises so well and with so few (read: zero) drawbacks that I am confident in my personal assertion that this is the most pleasing product -- not just lip balm, *product* in general -- I have ever, ever used. It's beyond HG lip balm. It's HG . . . thing. It may be the True Grail, for all I know. I'm just waiting for Harrison Ford to show up at my door demanding it. And when he does, my lips will be so perfectly, brilliantly smoothe from using it that I don't even think he'll fuss much when I set myself upon him for a killer snogfest. Yep: it's hard. Yep: you have to really dig your finger in there to pull up a chunk of product. And yep: it melts in almost the very second it touches your lips. It's matte, but not perfecly so -- I'd call it more "natural" finish, rather than purely matte. Either way, it's definitely not glossy and thus does not interfere with application or wear of lipstick, and would be (I'd imagine) perfect for those guys who won't use balm because of the sheen. I always use this at night and upon wake-up (even though the nighttime application is *still* present and accounted for) and usually under l/s or l/g. My lips are . . . they're . . . they're . . . GORGEOUS! Lip Service smoothes lines like nobody's business and keeps my lips looking so naturally moisturized and lovely that it's all I can do to keep from kissing strangers on the street, just to share the goodness. Really. It's just plain stingy to keep these lips to myself; they are so soft and plump and fantastic. I'll hack them off and send them to LUSH if they ever discontinue this balm.

on 3/17/2008 8:06:00 PM

I don't know, it's hard to say with this. It's either a hit or miss, and I think im leaning more towards miss. Smelled nice, but the softness never lasted. It went away after an hour or so and my lips would be dry.

This is a tentative 4 and a tentative 'buy again' because when this stuff works, it REALLY works, lips so soft, smooth and natural-feeling with a pretty sheen, like you didn't have to put anything on to achieve them. And yet on a separate day and a separate application, this does next to nothing, I might as well be rubbing random oil on my lips. I love how it allows me to apply lipstick over it without it feeling waxy or sticky, and I actually enjoy having to warm it first, but I did have to get used to the texture. Other lipbalm addicts need to be warned that this has an unusual feel, because it feels very light and then sinks in on application, and for the first few hours I wore it, I conversely kept licking my lips or touching them because I just hadn't gotten used to the idea that a lipbalm couldn't be felt, but once I got past that hurdle, I learned to enjoy it. Now if it would only work consistently.

Popular Lip Treatments