October 25, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Girl About Town is a bright blue-based fuchsia pink lipstick with an equal mix of cool and warm undertones. Itís a bright pink, but not as bright as other pinks I have, like Impassioned. On my lips it looks great, a bright pop of pink thatís really fun to wear, even in the daytime.
As an amplified, the pigmentation is excellent, one swipe of colour on the lips gives off the true intensity and colour of the lipstick. Itís so creamy on the lips that I have to wear a good lipliner underneath to stop it from bleeding. At the end of its cycle, it fades elegantly and leaves the most gorgeous berry stain on the lips! It is also incredibly similar to one of my all-time favourite hot pinks, NARS Schiap. When I wear this, I keep the rest of my make-up as simple as possible, because itís such a vibrant colour, it definitely commands attention! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ran to purchase this shade the day it came out- no joke. Because I am always striving for the brightest pinks that can balance boldness with a flattering outcome (as opposed to making me look like an attention seeker or clown haha). Girl About town is right on the money in achieving luscious, sexy, exciting lips that scream attitude. Its a bluer undertone than so many other deep bright pinks out there and therefore it looks amazing on all skintones. Amplified Creme so a little goes a long way for sure. Hands down, MAC is the ruler of neon pinks- while they offer a ton of great ones, this particular shade just can't be beat in my book bc its formulated in a way where anyone/any shade can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

One of my all time favourite lipsticks! Very Laurie from Cougar Town ( and also very Hillary according to my friends :D ).
Not drying at all- glides on very smoothly, and the colour lasts a good 4-5 hours. It is a bold colour but I think it looks good on almost every skin tone.
I hope they never stop making this & also the matching lipglass that is GORGEOUS as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This makeup addiction is getting out of hand. :-)
So for the longest time, I thought I hated MAC lipsticks. With a passion. Creme d'Nude and Diva killed my lips. The damage was so bad that it took days of moisturizing and wearing nothing but balm to fix it.
Anyway, as sort of a test, I grabbed Cyber not long ago and fell madly in love with it. Then I got a Dazzleglass and loved that too. So I decided perhaps MAC lip products weren't all bad, and that maybe Creme d'Nude and Diva were just bad apples.
Enter Girl About Town. Oh my dog.
First off, the color is quite possibly one of my favorite lip colors on the planet. I love a bold pink lip, and Girl About Town is the perfect pink to carry over into the colder months. (I generally stick to dark colors in the cold months, but a bright fuchsia is a winner year-round for me.) It lasts and lasts and leaves a gorgeous pink flush behind on my normally pale lips.
The formula for this is a hit so far. My lips don't feel dry or flaky and it wears comfortably, feeling very light on the lips.
I do wear it with a liner so it doesn't bleed, but I don't fill in my lips with the liner first. I just line the outer edge. This seems to be plenty to keep it from feathering, and the color lasts for a long time.
The packaging is the typical classy MAC style which I love.
Price-wise, it's more expensive than drugstore, but you know this walking into a MAC store, so it's not surprising. It's less expensive than the Kat Von D garbage I bought (and promptly returned the next day) last week.
Overall, I love this lipstick. It's creamy, pigmented, and the color seems to be universally flattering. Might even give the Lipglass of the same name a try if I can find it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by qfver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nc 30-35
First mac lipstick :)
I am at peace with this lover.
Pure perfection in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by sapiosexual

This is my power pink. I wear this baby when I prepare for war, or physics class. The pigmentation and feel of this lipstick is, hand over heart, nothing short of heavenly. I bought this on a whim, while shopping of my friend: the enabler. To be honest, had she not even been there, I likely would have made the purchase anyway. I had not, before this point, ever been a bold lipstick wearer, and now I can't get enough bold pinks, loud oranges, and bright hot reds. This lipstick was, allegorically, my gateway drug, I'm proud to say I'm addicted, so much so that I contemplated running back to Mac and purchasing another tube, despite knowing that it's part of the permanent range, and that as such it was unlikely going to be unavailable to me once my original tube runs out. The slip of Girl about Town is perfect. It has a creaminess to it that leaves my lift feeling like they are being caressed by cherubic angel wings, while not having so much slip as to feel like a gloss. This baby wears and wears, leaving my lips slightly stained afterwards so that it's bright and gorgeous even after a meal, which I love as I don't want to have to worry about touching up so often, and I get hungry roughly every 25 minutes. On rainy days [and sunny days and cloudy days and foggy days] I like to wear this lipstick love with dewy skin and a slick of mascara: gorgeous and effortless and posh and perfect. This darling makes me feel like a queen, and I'll definitely purchase it again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I am asian with fair skin- I use number 030 in dior forever foundation- It's a really great hot pink color that brightens up the face, and though it's hot pink, the color is not neon-crazy which keeps it on the classy side instead of the trashy ;). It's a very chic pink color for those who are daring. really good to spice up the look. It lasts quite well and not drying. definitely a good color to wear about town ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by anpanman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lippy. The colour is gorgeous!!!! Goes well with my nc25 skintone. Great colour payoff. I just put a bit of a clear gloss over it. Very chic and feminine. Well worth the price. My fave finish is the amplified range

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First I saw this lipstick on Gwen Stefani and I figured it was something only pale girls could carry off. Not an NC 40 match like me.
Then I saw it on Beyonce.
And then on Penelope Cruz.
That did it. I finally decided THIS would be the lipstick I got with my first Back2MAC - better a bold colour for free than a bold colour you paid for and never used, right?
I'm so very happy with my decision. Applied by itself it is a bright, smooth, unapologetic fuchsia which fades to a dark pink lip tint by the end of the day.
Of course it's an attention seeking, playful (almost naughty) colour - if you're one of those girls who'll never stray away from rosy nudes, I'm telling you now that this is not for the faint of lip.
It is however unbelievably wearable - you can look pretty and feminine, as well as angsty and contrary, depending on how much you apply.
On me - a happily brown girl with pigmented lips - one layer is enough for the office. One layer with a lipglass (MAC Fresh Air) waters it down and makes it more reflective. One layer over a nude base (NYX Chocolate Jumbo Pencil or MAC A Perfect Day) results in a warmer bubblegum pink lip that is hard to find for deeper complexions.
There's a reason so many women have loved Girl About Town. It's such a clever pink. Edge and class all at once. And easier to work with than you'd ever imagine. Don't be afraid to try it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favourite MAC lipcolour. It is everything you would expect from a MAC lipstick:

- Top Quality Pigments