MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 4/22/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

at first I wasn't feeling this lipstick but every time I have it on i get a lot of compliments. Now am in love with it. am an nw45 for reference. this lipstick last and its amplified.

on 4/10/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely hot pink lipstick, I highly recommend this for those looking for a bold but wearable lipstick.

on 4/1/2013 1:54:00 PM

Love this shade on my nw10 skin! Has a creamy but long wearing finish. Definately not for the faint hearted, but if you like statement lips then this ones a winner!!

on 3/30/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite mac lipstick!!! The finish is bombbbb. The color is beautiful. Nc42. I line it with nyx bloom.

on 3/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

Beautiful, it's an amazing colour. Everyone raves about impassioned but for me this is one of mac's best pinks. It's a purple - ish fuschia. I pair this with cat eye and I get lots of compliments. Lasts all day.

on 3/25/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

my fave family of lipstick shade - gorgeous bright pink. i find it a wearable fuschia pink though. instant prettiness with this on. the formula is moderately lasting and extremely pigmented. truly a lovely, standout colour!

on 3/16/2013 4:53:00 PM

I wanted Lickable for so long, but it was always out of stock. Desperate to have a fuschia lippie, I settled for Girl About Town. And I'm so glad I did! The color is amazingly pigmented (as MAC claimed amplified cremes will be)-one swipe from the tube is all you need to get true color that lasts and lasts. On me, the fuschia pulled more on the pinkier side than purple, which I liked-this made the color extremely flattering on my pale skin. This wore well for hours, staying vibrant and bright, even after a meal. This feels creamy on and is only slightly drying after all day wear. I love this fun, girly color and would definitely repurchase!

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

on 2/25/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love pinky colours on my lips, but I usually go for "safe" colours. After a long inner battle with myself I decided to pick up Girl About Town, I was craving a new lipstick at the MAC counter - I love MAC lipsticks - and I've heard a fair bit about this colour. This is a very bright fuchsia with blue under tones so it's great for making your teeth look whiter, I really like it. Definitely my go to bright lip, I don't know whether I'd be brave enough to pull it off in the day but it's a great colour for nighttime. The amplified formulation is really long lasting and I don't find it drying at all - which is awesome because I'm forever doing everything to keep my lips hydrated. Despite the fact that this is long lasting, I do like to reapply about three times in the evening to stop the colour looking more like a stain than a lipstick.

on 2/15/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am SO MAD at this lipstick. On youtube everyone raves and raves about MAC lipsticks being the best. This was my first MAC lipstick that I bought for myself and while it was a beautiful colour it dried my lips out horribly, it transferred on to everything I ate and the worst was that it wore off in huge patches. Very disappointing. Revlon is less than half the price and their lipsticks outshine this any day.

on 1/27/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Girl About Town is a bright blue-based fuchsia pink lipstick with an equal mix of cool and warm undertones. Itís a bright pink, but not as bright as other pinks I have, like Impassioned. On my lips it looks great, a bright pop of pink thatís really fun to wear, even in the daytime.
As an amplified, the pigmentation is excellent, one swipe of colour on the lips gives off the true intensity and colour of the lipstick. Itís so creamy on the lips that I have to wear a good lipliner underneath to stop it from bleeding. At the end of its cycle, it fades elegantly and leaves the most gorgeous berry stain on the lips! It is also incredibly similar to one of my all-time favourite hot pinks, NARS Schiap. When I wear this, I keep the rest of my make-up as simple as possible, because itís such a vibrant colour, it definitely commands attention! :)

Popular Lipsticks