April 17, 2014 | 1034 users online

Lip Gloss - Victoria's Secret - Sweet Talk Mouth Watering Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWSCODE46

Extremely surprised this product got such bad reviews. Maybe those who don't like the consistency should look into applying a base of lip balm before application? I use this as a top coat over a moisture balm and this is like liquid glass for lips. Shine to the umpteenth power! Plus they smell and taste as good as they look. It's pretty much like the syrup for whatever flavor it is. I have this in the berry flavor and I can't wait to buy another. I am not one to wear lipstick, but if my lip balm has a bit of color in it, this most definitely enhances it, and the shimmer is crazy, especially when it picks up the flash in photos. This product for me is predominately used as a moisture sealer for lip balm/gloss underneath as well as a shine enhancer and will definitely be a keeper. But like the others said I would not use this on bare lips! It's super sticky on it's own. Try it with a base coat of another balm/gloss and trust me you will love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has to be the worst lip gloss I've ever bought in my life. MY ENTIRE LIFE. Once you put this stuff on, it never comes off! Even wiping it off doesn't get it all off. I don't think VS even sells this stuff anymore, thank God. For a company that has really expensive merch, I wonder how this ever made it to the market. The flavors weren't even spot-on either--blueberry didn't smell anything like blueberries. Even my niece's Bonne Bell is better than this. Stay away from this stuff unless you want a lip gloss that also doubles as glue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

Yuck! I agree with the last poster...its like glue. I got this in Posh Peach, and wanted to love the sheer peach color. I put it on, it just sat there on top of my lips and of course my hair kept getting stuck in it! Smelled good enough but the taste was like chemical fruit...Taste + Consistency = Horrible

So glad this line has been D/C...good riddance

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by velardi

I bought two tubes of this gloss at some point when Victoria's Secret was having another one of their sales. I have Passion Pear and Wild Berries and the stuff smells pretty enough, but it's the consistency of hot glue. It's got a lot of shine, but it's totally not worth my lips sticking together every time I open my mouth. And after I un-stick them, the spot where it was stuck looks all gunky and uneven.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kristikreme

I admit that Sweet Talk lip glosses are ridiculously sticky. However, that was the primary reason why I liked it. I didn't mind the texture as long the gloss lasts (boy oh boy does this gloss last.) It also creates a wonderful shine. Though NEVER wear it on a windy day! It also has a tendency to leak out of the tube. However, I will probably not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gloss is beautiful and I still have a few half-empty tubes that I use sometimes, but Sweet Talk was discontinued when Beauty Rush came into the picture. Sweet Talk glosses are very sheer with little pigmentation but lots of shine, and are extremely thick and sticky. I couldn't go out with this on during a windy day, or I had a mouthful of hair and hair full of sticky gloss. For special occassions though, this was pretty to wear with heavily made up eyes. Beauty Rush, IMO, is much better for every day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LitHiUMx3

Feels like glue and honey on your lips. Yuck. Doesn't even smell that fabulous... granted there is some high shine but the ridiculous stickiness causes hair to get stuck in it ALL THE TIME, even mysterious cat fut bits got stuck on my lips. Gross.

lesson learned: never kiss a guy while wearing this. ugh.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Emmy2001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are much better glosses on the market! This was given to me as a gift and at first I thought it smelled like something other than the vanilla it claimed to be. It is long-lasting but EXTREMELY STICKY AND GOOPY. Never wear it in the wind-that's all I got to say! Let's just say that if I threw it away, I wouldn't miss it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by xx13

I'm glad I got this for free, there are so many better glosses I could buy for $7. Even for $2! I'm not picky when it comes to texture or consistency. As long as it looks good, smells good and tastes okay if I happen to get it in my mouth Iím happy. This failed at all three. Mouth Watering? Yeah it made my mouth water, from wanting to gag. If you enjoy putting rubber cement that smells like rotten strawberries and rubbing alcohol on your lips then rush to Victoriaís secret and buy some. Judging by the other reviews Iím sure there will be plenty available!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 5:00:00 AM More reviews by banjyus

I love the Pear, the Berry and the Blueberry. My friends and I call it the "glue" because it is very sticky but it last a long time and tastes good. I don't find any other lip gloss that lasts as long so I can tolerate the sticky.