Avene Instant Soothing Mask

3.9

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this mask. my skin is very prone to dehydration when it gets cold outside and this mask solves that problem completley. it doesn't make me break out, and many products do, since it's non-comedogenic. also, my skin feels very smooth and hydrated when i take it off. although it's rather expensive, i'll definitely buy it again

on 11/15/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I use this product off and on in the summer. I find it to be an average product. There are much better soothing masks on the market such as Hagina Orange Blossom Mask and other products which can be bought in the Apotheke.

on 11/10/2007 1:52:00 AM

This mask gives slight hydration and soothes a little. I dont really see the redness subside after using. However, it contains mineral oil so i dont use it too often. Also, wash it after 10 mins. I am quite worried about letting the mineral oil staying too long on my skin.

on 11/4/2007 1:47:00 PM

I think this helped save my skin during a cold/flu as it played a part in keeping my skin hydrated without breaking me out! However, it is not a miracle mask & something that I would miss if I didn't have it.
It does what its name 'instant soothing mask' says really but that's about it.

on 8/5/2007 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a very nice mask and relatively inexpensive. Soothing, calming and moisturizing and better than many much more expensive! I am sick and tired of experimenting with wildly expensive masks (like La Prairie for example) that don't deliver anything much better than such simple but good and not so expensive masks.

on 8/1/2007 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this thing..not quite a mask nor a moisturizer.I don't know where to put it (product categorywise) but I know it's useless. You're supposed to apply a generous amount on your face and wait until it soaks in.Then you should either tap the remaining and blend to your skin like a moisturizer or you can simply spray thermal water and remove the excess with a cotton pad.This sounds some nice and effective way of providing moisture to your skin right? Well it didn't happen so for me.I think it's a ridiculously priced tiny tube of crap with a headache inducer fragrance in it.Enough said!

on 4/23/2007 6:35:00 AM

I quite like this - it was instantly soothing and felt great on my sensitive/combo/acne-prone skin. It worked best for me when I leave it on my skin overnight, if I wash it off my skin doesn't seem to reap the benefits. My cousin has eczema and I bought a whole Avene set for her to try. She loves it! It's one of the few lines she can use (the others are medical) without aggravating her skin, and this is her favourite product from the whole line. I'll be repurchasing this too.

I love the Instant Soothing Moisture Mask! It works great for my combo dehydrated skin. It's a very gentle mask that especially great for winter skin. A little goes a long way. Definitely a staple that I will repurchase. Love the tube, happy it's not in a jar.

on 11/26/2006 6:54:00 AM

I tried this in a generous sample size and I got instantly hooked: I have very dry sensitive skin and this stuff leaves my face so soft taking away any dryiness. I have been using Clarins Thirst Quenching mask for years but I'm seriously thinking of switching to this one: it's not as thick as Clarins and I love the smell much more; most of all, my skin seems to like this one better. And it's cheaper too. This product cointains Avene water (which I love) and oils, so it may not suit combination skins.

on 11/18/2006 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really don't like this product. It's 70% thermal water (so soothing) and maybe 25% mineral oil. It's very ordinary and for what it is- a so thick moisturizer that it suits as a mask- very expensive. It gives moisture and by evening it's gone. Surely not for dry skin. Of course, i would not by again. I use it as a hand 'treatment' right now. A big no!

Popular Masks