November 28, 2014 | 1268 users online

Masks - Avene - Instant Soothing Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product off and on in the summer. I find it to be an average product. There are much better soothing masks on the market such as Hagina Orange Blossom Mask and other products which can be bought in the Apotheke.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by twinky13

This mask gives slight hydration and soothes a little. I dont really see the redness subside after using. However, it contains mineral oil so i dont use it too often. Also, wash it after 10 mins. I am quite worried about letting the mineral oil staying too long on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by maz123

I think this helped save my skin during a cold/flu as it played a part in keeping my skin hydrated without breaking me out! However, it is not a miracle mask & something that I would miss if I didn't have it.
It does what its name 'instant soothing mask' says really but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very nice mask and relatively inexpensive. Soothing, calming and moisturizing and better than many much more expensive! I am sick and tired of experimenting with wildly expensive masks (like La Prairie for example) that don't deliver anything much better than such simple but good and not so expensive masks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate this thing..not quite a mask nor a moisturizer.I don't know where to put it (product categorywise) but I know it's useless. You're supposed to apply a generous amount on your face and wait until it soaks in.Then you should either tap the remaining and blend to your skin like a moisturizer or you can simply spray thermal water and remove the excess with a cotton pad.This sounds some nice and effective way of providing moisture to your skin right? Well it didn't happen so for me.I think it's a ridiculously priced tiny tube of crap with a headache inducer fragrance in it.Enough said!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 6:35:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I quite like this - it was instantly soothing and felt great on my sensitive/combo/acne-prone skin. It worked best for me when I leave it on my skin overnight, if I wash it off my skin doesn't seem to reap the benefits. My cousin has eczema and I bought a whole Avene set for her to try. She loves it! It's one of the few lines she can use (the others are medical) without aggravating her skin, and this is her favourite product from the whole line. I'll be repurchasing this too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by prettyinpurple

I love the Instant Soothing Moisture Mask! It works great for my combo dehydrated skin. It's a very gentle mask that especially great for winter skin. A little goes a long way. Definitely a staple that I will repurchase. Love the tube, happy it's not in a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sara09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in a generous sample size and I got instantly hooked: I have very dry sensitive skin and this stuff leaves my face so soft taking away any dryiness. I have been using Clarins Thirst Quenching mask for years but I'm seriously thinking of switching to this one: it's not as thick as Clarins and I love the smell much more; most of all, my skin seems to like this one better. And it's cheaper too. This product cointains Avene water (which I love) and oils, so it may not suit combination skins.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product. It's 70% thermal water (so soothing) and maybe 25% mineral oil. It's very ordinary and for what it is- a so thick moisturizer that it suits as a mask- very expensive. It gives moisture and by evening it's gone. Surely not for dry skin. Of course, i would not by again. I use it as a hand 'treatment' right now. A big no!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lavanilo

i love this mask. it hydrates my skin. it's pampering. i know that if i use this once every 3 days, my skin would be soft all the time. but i only use this mask when i feel tired. it's good!