Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yikes, my skin reacted really badly to this product and flared up bright red! Not sure what is in it that my skin doesnt like as I dont normally have many problems with Avene (although my skin hated the recovery cream as well). Shame!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great for soothing skin dehydrated by acne regimens. It has a cooling feeling which is agreeable. The scent is not overpowering either. I find it works best in combination with the Avene gentle purifying scrub (before) and the Avene mist (after).

I am disapointed with this product,in fact the serum same line and this mask are a wasting of money and time.I just need it a treatment for my sensitive,dehydrated, irritated skin to use it in winter or when i need emergency help.After i test it so many products over the years,now i start to realise that "soothing" and "calming" are just words and nothing really do the job.
This avene mask gives you a cooling feeling while wearing the mask.After i remove the mask and use also thermal water..i saw i still had redness.Also few hours later in evening and even before bed i still had those red spots on cheeks.
I am very dissapointed becouse i spend so much money on Avene product and 95% of them are really boring ,full of parabens,pegs and other chemical stuff ..and then i can get on less money same boring products on other non expensive brands.Really Avene sells the brand not any decent skin remedy.I wonder if someday Ystheal and Eluage disappear then who will be intersted about this brand?
Very disapointed just 1lipie,dont plan getting this ever.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product saved my skin last winter when my skin was parched and nothing else was working. Despite the potentially comedogenic ingredients in this product, I experienced no breakouts. I think what sets this product apart from other moisture masks is the fact that you don't rinse it off afterwards but spray some thermal water on instead. It really helps add and retain moisture to your face. I always woke up with soft and supple skin in the morning after using this at night as the last step to my skincare routine. It is a bit pricey for $30+ CAD but since it's only meant to be used occasionally, one bottle lasts a long time and for the results I've gotten, it's definitely worth the price.

The only thing this mask as done for my skin is making it itch. I've seen no result whatsoever, my skin is feeling the same as before using it, but itchy. I bought it so I thought that I'd finish the tube anyway, but the last time I used it, I couldnt stand the itch it gave me any longer and wipped it off after 5 minutes.

I must say that I have a ridiculously sensitive skin, so even a drop of parfume can make it turn red/burn/etc, and the cheap floral scent of this mask must be one of the reason why my skin react like this. Definately not for very sensitive skin like myself. I gave it 2 lippies because of the package, I love tube because it's hygienic, and because, at least, I had no breakout using it. Kind of a miracle by itself, but as this mask has done nothing it is supposed to do, I won't repurchase.

Wonderful mask for my dehydrated skin. Since I am just turning 40 I thought I needed aging products for the few lines on my face but after taking the quiz on Vichy it told me my skin was dehydrated and I didn't need aging products but hydrating products. I am glad I took the quiz, it got me to try this mask (I know it isn't a Vichy brand) and the results are great. I have smooth, well hydrated, healthy looking skin and I noticed the skin under my eyes was much smoother and looked so much better! I will be buying more of this mask.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as i often experience redness or dryness on my skin either due to the drying acne treatments i use on my skin or simply due to squeezing out my blackheads. This product is really good because it really helps to soothe my redness and irritation instantly. ( as mentioned by its name) It also helps moisturise away any dry spots or flakings. However, the first times i used it, ( left it on for about half an hour), when i went to wipe off the excess, i found a whitehead ( which became inflamed over the next few days) forming on a part of my cheek where i hardly break out at. Anyway, the mask is labelled as non comodogenic. But i think the inflamed zits was due to the combination of my oily skin and the heavy nature of the mask because on another occasion, the same thing happened. So each time i use it now, i always wash it off completely after 10- 15 mins max. And as long as I make sure i do that, it does perfectly what i want it to do. Overall, a good product but those with oily skins must be sure to wash it off!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this mask for 2 years and I love the effect on my combination dehidrated sensitive skin ))

This mask gives glow, it has super calming effect, it is really soothing and hydrates skin well. I have tried super expensive Chanel, Lancome and Clarins Masks and compared to this one, it's worth!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use it as a moisturising mask once a week, and it actually does a good job. After using this produce, my skin is smooth and feel very comfortable, and I don't need to apply anything else on my face. I have used Clarins's moisturising mask as well, but that one make me feel a little bit oily. This product does what it supposed to do, and it never make my skin break out. Good product

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did absolutely nothing for me.Neither did I feel my face was more moisturized nor did it calm down my skin. It's quite a waste of money!

Popular Masks