April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I notices this product works for PREVENTING blackheads but will not necessarily cure the ones that are already there. However, once I did get my entire face extracted from all of the blackheads I did have (especially the ones on my nose), I did NOT get any new ones if I used this nightly. The one time I did take a break from using it, the blackheads came back and I had to start the process all over again. So no it won't zap the blackheads you have but it will for sure prevent you from getting any more. Pretty awesome I think, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. It is kinda sticky though, but works surprisingly well as a makeup base.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by rosedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This didn't work for my blemishes and blackheads at all... And it stings when applied to my face :x. Definitely won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by carmenoctavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its one of the best face treatments ive used. I like that exfoliates my skin each time i apply it. After washing my face with the Avene soapless cleanser i use this face treatment, Cleanance K. Pimple spots seem to fade quicker, i don't get breakouts like before, they have reduced. Does not dry the skin. I like it that its a dermatological product. I'll buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I like this so much. This is another rec from the SCB. I use it nightly in conjunction with the Avene soapless cleanser. I find that it is really making a difference in keeping my pores more clear and therefore I'm getting less breakouts. Any new acne that comes seems to go away faster and lumps/marks left over seem to go quicker. I'm also using Clindamycin gel, so I'm not sure how effective this would be simply used alone. But, I still got congestion using the clindamycin gel, and this seems to help with that. For now this is a must have. It is often in a promotion in Boots, so although I thought it was quite expensive (approx £13), it can be found a little cheaper. A litte also goes a long way.
Also one more thing I wanted to metion is that I got samples from Avene of this and the face wash gel, and although they looked like very small tubes I actually got a good few days use out of them. I actually thought this was very professional and helpful of the Avene.
Update 21/04/12 After my inital clogs seemed to clear I noticed I was still getting them. This was the only new product I'd introduced. Looking at the ingredients list this has cyclomethicone third in the list. I've had probs with other silicones before so I'm guessing it might be that. So for now I'll mark this down to a 3 star and I will not re buy. Shame I was getting on with it very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by thecartel

I bought a bottle a couple years ago and was not impressed at all. It burned my skin and seemed like it irritated my acne more. A couple weeks ago, however, I came across it in my medicine cabinet and since I was running out of my Avene Triacneal, I decided to try it again. I could not believe it: it actually works! I still experience a stinging sensation but nothing too severe, even after exfoliation. I apply it on my whole face and neck (I got a nasty breakout from Revlon Colorstay because I blended it down). It literally reduces my acne bumps almost completely by the next morning! I seriously could not believe it. I have terrible terrible skin: acne-prone, clog-prone, scars, inflammation, large pores, oily.. the list goes on! But ever since Cleanance K, my skin feels less bumpy, smooth, less oily and my acne marks are starting to fade slightly. I am really happy I tried it again! I learned that there is a new formula out and I hope a lot hasn't changed because this stuff is amazing. It takes a lot for something to impress me so I definitely recommend you buy it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

I am always looking for excellent creamy exfoliants and I thought I'd try this. The immediate feel is good (for some people it might burn a bit- that's either sensitive skin or just not being used to AHA/BHA products) and it smoothes over skin beautifully due to a few silicones in the ingredients. But almost as soon as I started to use it, I noticed that my skin began to react with little bumps and finally some very painful cyst-pimples (not quite cysts, but those painful pimples that stay under the skin in little blemish dots). I am going to stop using this, unfortunately. Still hunting for a good exfoliant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

This was the little extra kick my DD (she's 12) needed for her skin. It works beautifully for her. She pre cleanses with mineral oil about 3/4 nights a week followed by Avène Cleanance soapless gel. That combination has helped to clear out many of the cloggs she had. This has taken her skin one step closer to perfect skin. She had used Clinique's Acne Solutions moisturizer & Neutrogena's Stress Control 3-in-1 with no apparent results. Actually, the Neutrogena clogged her more imo. This is a good effective product that works for her. As long as it works, I will repurshase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

It didn't help at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

I dislike the smell and texture of this lotion, I find it irritating that it pills up into little eraser shavings if I put on a slight touch too much and that it smells like I'm putting poison on my skin. It also irritates my skin if there is an active pimple (it burns and hurts) or if I've exfoliated before using it. I used to use it at night but now I've given up on the formulation completely because I find it clog my pores very easily and it's extremely aggravating since I'm using this product to get *rid* of clogged pores. I think it has to do with the PH level of the product, since acids need to be at a certain PH to be able to have an effect on skin and this clearly does nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bitterchoc0787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this product. I was on dermalogica products previously but they apparently didn't work too well for me. Had quite a number of clogged pores and my skin became dull. I switched to avene because it advertised to work for sensitive skin. It really helped my skin! I have such good skin now, my skin is smoother, brighter and pores are clean and smaller! Although, it did cause me a number of pimples initially due to the purging but it was well worth it. It takes a while for the skin to get use to it but when it is, it works very well!