October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Ger901221

My skin condition has lasted me for almost 2weeks. Initially, it was just a few pimples on the right cheek and NONE on the left cheek. One day, it suddenly all the small bumpy started to form. I couldn't take it, and went for a facial. THE FACIAL MADE IT WORSE. The big and small pimples starts to party on my face. So stubborn that, all became very red and sore, inflammation, open wound (because i popped it) and etc.

I don't even have the courage to step out of my house without make up. Even with make up, it cannot conceal those lumps and bumps. This is disgusting. The thicker I apply, it becomes so visible that I have to use my side hairs to cover up. I know it's a bad bad habit to cover face with hair, but I have no choice.

Told my friend about it, and happened that she uses Avene products. She introduced me to this Cleanance K cream gel. Before purchasing, she lent me her to use. This is because I have a very sensitive face, acne prone and combined skin. After using for the first night, my friend told me that those bumps have sub-sized a little which made me happy too. Today is just my second day of using cleanance k, the size of my stubborn pimples really getting small. ESP my forehead, all the pimples are gone after one night. Just a little red marks. I thought it would be good if I continue for a week to see any further improvement.
Overall, I am happy with this product. Definitely, I will buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

I have acne prone oily skin, breaks out on my right cheek especially and have whiteheads and bumps on forehead.
I gotta warn you guys that on the 1st few days of using this product, your skin may or may not purge. Mine purged and I broke out quite alot and then it subsided and started to clear my skin slowly. This is a pretty good product, my acne scars seem to be fading faster than usual when I am using this product. Up until now, I have been using this product for 3 weeks and have been liking the result of it :D
Doesn't hurt to give it a try especially when it does not cause your skin to be sensitive. Will buy it again if it continue to do a good job.

UPDATE: This is the only thing that I use during my night time routine, it has saved my life! I have very acne prone skin and I have to watch out for pore clogging ingredients which I can't use, mostly silicones and alot of other what nots. But this is the only moisturiser I use that contain glycolic acid that has not made my skin worse! Indeed, I find it helping my skin through its worst days. I love this, can't live without this. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PS. remember to dry your skin before you put this on, don't put it on dampy/ wet skin, k!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was previously using Dermalogica's cream exfoliate which was not an effective exfoliante for me. I have clogged pores, uneven skin tone and ingrown hairs on my jaw line. I have used this product for 3 weeks and have seen great improvement with all the problems I noted. Currently I have been applying it only at night and will continue doing so. This product has surprisingly helped me manage the oil production as well- previously I was using an oil control foundation or primer during the day to deal with this problem. Now that my skin is less oily and more even toned I haven't been using any foundation- just a bit of concealer to cover old acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Ingredients: Avene thermal spring water, glycolic acid, cyclomethicone, water, PPG-15 stearyl ether, propylene glycol, glycerin, lactic acid, polymethyl methacrylate, propylene glycol ceteth-3 acetate, sodium hydroxide, cetyl alcohol arachidyl alcohol, polycrylate-13, glycerin stearate, PEG-100 stearate, salcylic acid, arachidyl glucoside, behenyl alcohol, bisabolol, cucubita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, dimethicone, disodium edta, parfum, polyisobutene, polysorbate 20, pyridoxine HCl, zinc gluconate

Cleanance K has been reformulated for a while now. It finally boasts the correct pH level and the amount of AHAs (glycolic) and BHAs (lactic and salicylic) acids that make exfoliating on the surface and inside the pore actually effective. It does its job well, removing flaky skin, smoothing out the texture and preventing new blackheads, but not entirely eliminating the existing ones. I don't use this everyday because I don't think that's necessary with any exfoliator, just one to a couple of days a week.

The texture is a weird silky gunk and this shouldn't be used under foundation as it tends to flake. In fact, this should be used only in the evening, as it can make the skin photosensitive, followed by mandatory SPF moisturizer in the morning.

You could put something over it, like a serum or another moisturizer, but only after you let the acids do the work for a couple of minutes. This is moisturizing in itself though and leaves the skin feeling silky because of the silicones, which could also make you break out, so watch out for that.

It can over-sensitize skin, but the instant redness and the sense of burning should subside after a couple of applications. If it doesn't, however, that means you're sensitive to acids and should discontinue use.

The smell to me is glue meets pharmacy. I wish it didn't have fragrance at all, I wouldn't mind suffering through the weird acid smell for a couple of seconds.

All aside, this does its job really well and the new formula is a noticeable improvement. It also lasts a long time. I use no other exfoliator.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

First MUA review :) Specifically signed up to post a review about the avene cleanace range. Having pretty good skin all my life, imagine my dismay at suddenyl hitting 30 and breaking out!!!! My forehead filled up with whiteheads and every few days, I'd have new zits (red inflamed papules) on my forehead, hollows of my cheeks and chin. I blamed everything from my new bangs, hair products, change in my existing skincare ingredients, late nights etc....

Did some research and found out about adult acne, which is probably what I'm suffering from!! So having settled that, I went on down to find some acne products (new experience for me!!) The lady suggested the avene range, I was a bit skeptical at first but since there was a trial kit. I went for it. The set incldued small samples of avene soap free gel cleanser, thermal spring water,cleanace K, cleanace anti-shine regulating lotion and facial masks.

I figured, if it didn't work, then at least it wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket!!! Well, after 2 days, i went on back to buy the complete range in full size :) (I'd still leftovers from the sample set but I was completely impressed!!)

I have been using the whole range for 2 weeks so I'll write here about cleanance K

Visibly cleared up my skin overnight!!! And continuing to get better :) Whiteheads have diminished substantially after 1 week. Some people mentioned breakouts, well, I've had 3 new pimples form in the first week, which cleared after 2 days. (scars still visible tho)

I use cleanace K after gel cleanser and thermal spray. After that I use the cleanance lotion. I find that if I skip that, my face feels taut the next morning.

overal thumbs up for this product!!!!

EDIT : 1/3/12
Still loving this, but just hate that it flakes and balls up any bb/ss/fndtn I put on after this. Which the formulation can be improved, otherwise, if your acne is not too severe, then just use this at night.

EDIT : 20/3/12
This is only MO but if you have combo skin diff T/U zones, just a note tht this product may work differently on diff zones. Although this product is clearing my forehead whitehead tremendously, preventing very few new ones, on the other hand it may be causing breakout on my cheeks (not confirmed at this point). Also I find adjusting the dosage as my skin improves is yielding better results

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I notices this product works for PREVENTING blackheads but will not necessarily cure the ones that are already there. However, once I did get my entire face extracted from all of the blackheads I did have (especially the ones on my nose), I did NOT get any new ones if I used this nightly. The one time I did take a break from using it, the blackheads came back and I had to start the process all over again. So no it won't zap the blackheads you have but it will for sure prevent you from getting any more. Pretty awesome I think, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. It is kinda sticky though, but works surprisingly well as a makeup base.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by rosedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This didn't work for my blemishes and blackheads at all... And it stings when applied to my face :x. Definitely won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by carmenoctavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its one of the best face treatments ive used. I like that exfoliates my skin each time i apply it. After washing my face with the Avene soapless cleanser i use this face treatment, Cleanance K. Pimple spots seem to fade quicker, i don't get breakouts like before, they have reduced. Does not dry the skin. I like it that its a dermatological product. I'll buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I like this so much. This is another rec from the SCB. I use it nightly in conjunction with the Avene soapless cleanser. I find that it is really making a difference in keeping my pores more clear and therefore I'm getting less breakouts. Any new acne that comes seems to go away faster and lumps/marks left over seem to go quicker. I'm also using Clindamycin gel, so I'm not sure how effective this would be simply used alone. But, I still got congestion using the clindamycin gel, and this seems to help with that. For now this is a must have. It is often in a promotion in Boots, so although I thought it was quite expensive (approx 13), it can be found a little cheaper. A litte also goes a long way.
Also one more thing I wanted to metion is that I got samples from Avene of this and the face wash gel, and although they looked like very small tubes I actually got a good few days use out of them. I actually thought this was very professional and helpful of the Avene.
Update 21/04/12 After my inital clogs seemed to clear I noticed I was still getting them. This was the only new product I'd introduced. Looking at the ingredients list this has cyclomethicone third in the list. I've had probs with other silicones before so I'm guessing it might be that. So for now I'll mark this down to a 3 star and I will not re buy. Shame I was getting on with it very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by thecartel

I bought a bottle a couple years ago and was not impressed at all. It burned my skin and seemed like it irritated my acne more. A couple weeks ago, however, I came across it in my medicine cabinet and since I was running out of my Avene Triacneal, I decided to try it again. I could not believe it: it actually works! I still experience a stinging sensation but nothing too severe, even after exfoliation. I apply it on my whole face and neck (I got a nasty breakout from Revlon Colorstay because I blended it down). It literally reduces my acne bumps almost completely by the next morning! I seriously could not believe it. I have terrible terrible skin: acne-prone, clog-prone, scars, inflammation, large pores, oily.. the list goes on! But ever since Cleanance K, my skin feels less bumpy, smooth, less oily and my acne marks are starting to fade slightly. I am really happy I tried it again! I learned that there is a new formula out and I hope a lot hasn't changed because this stuff is amazing. It takes a lot for something to impress me so I definitely recommend you buy it!