April 20, 2014 | 1142 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love eyeliner but had abondoned liquid for gel as liquid its generally a pain to apply. After reading the reviews here i went out and purchased this. I now use this every morning for my daytime eye. It gives me that perfect tatooed eyeliner look. The super suprising thing is that this is virtuously foolproof to apply. Seriously. However designed the brush applicator is a genius. I can apply this effortlessly and the results our perfect and trust me, its not my technique. The other morning i decided i would try to apply this to my right eye with my right hand because the motion and angle is less awkward (im left handed)....well my line was perfect! the first try! i swear, this stuff is like liquid liner for dummies! Additionally, this stays put on my oily lids all day and does not smear onto my brow bone and give me racoon eyes like other liners (mac fluid line im talking to you). You can also layer it on for a darker more intense line. I don't have any problems with flaking when going over my line like some of stated below. Maybe thats because I go over it before the original line dries? Also, I haven't had any problems with the click pen. I click it once before applying to each eye and thats fine. I think if you clicked it a bunch that would be overkill. Like I mentioned before, I use this for a sophisticated day time look. At night, when Im going for a more smokey look, i use a gel liner instead, as you cant blend/smear this stuff. If you like a polished, perfect eye line than go for this. If you like to like to blend your liner i'd stick with gel liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sumfinunique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is base on personal opinions so..it might not be true to others..

--->Pros:
-does not smudges!!
-very precise..
-easy to use..

--->cons:
-looks fake..
when spinning the thingy (whatever its called to get the liquid out) either you get too much or too little.. so i had to use a unused plastic cover and even it out.

PERSONALLY i prefer using pencils.. liquid eyeliner looks too fake on me.. its so..precise.. unsmudgable.. it just look like a line..

but perfect for lining upper eyeline.. but i find it too time consuming and im too lazy too..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first product I can call HG. I used to buy the Dior version of this, but the SA said it was discontinued. I searched high and low, not liking the goopy MAC or the new Lauder. Used to use the Lancome Artliner, but prefered the brush liquid liners. I had to get this in brown, as they were out of Navy. I like the way this comes out, and the line it forms. Staying power is pretty good. The cost is pretty expensive, but is worth it to me as I was unable to find this style with any other line. Will continue to purchase! **edit** This ended up causing a severe reaction with my sensitive eyes. I still believe this to be a great product, packaging, color, etc. I am just unable to wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive finally found a liquid liner i actually like, ive tried every brand out there from armani to mac and nothing works as well as this, i dont know why i waited this long to try it. i think because once i was looking at the tester at the store and it was dried up so i figured its not worth it. now i realize you have to twist the bottom each time you're going to use it to moisten the tip. duhhhh. it goes on very smooth, i usually go over it twice for a more intense black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

I have found it. My HG Eyeliner.
I am so, so glad I found this, thank you so much MuAers.
I was doubtful when I bought this because no Chanel product had ever received even a 4 from me. (Disheartening, I know).
I have this in 10 Black.

Firstly, I have oily eyelids with a disappearing crease when I open up my eyes (it only shows up a little bit). The way my eyes fold usually makes all eye makeup crease super fast.

I've tried Laura Mercier's cake liner (Hello raccoon eyes in addition to flaking), Clinique's Quickliner (second favourite out of the bunch, great for on the go but staying power is around 4 hours), Chanel Le Crayon Kohl (It disappears from my eyelids somehow), Revlon Colorstay pencil, Maybelline waterproof automatic pencil. They cannot compare with Chanel's Automatic Liquid Eyeliner. This is 36.00 CAD before taxes.

How to use: I click it twice, shake a little and tightline (line at eyelash base) with this. The thin tip can reach in between eyelashes to fill in gaps easily. Then I apply a semi-thick line (not REALLY thick but thick enough to show on my type of eyes) above my lashes. I recommend avoiding the waterline when tightlining because the liquid may travel onto your eye before it dries. Because this is liquid, try not to blink too much or too hard before the eyeliner sets (doesn't take more than 20 seconds).

In addition, some reviews below have mentioned difficulty when trying to layer the liner for a true black colour. I have no problems at all going over the line if needed, and there is no peeling.

The result is fabulous, large defined eyes with absolutely no smudging or flaking on the lower lids. There is a BIT of smudging on the upper lid at the end of the day but that is already amazing on my lids (nothing stays on, not even MAC Paints). I am still in awe. I will repurchase again and again but will try to find it cheaper online hopefully.

I highly, highly recommend those who have trouble with eyeliner staying put to use this. I was always scared of liquid eyeliner but I am a total convert now.

Ingredients: Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Peg-40 Stearate, C12-15 Pareth-10 Phosphate, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Hedta, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Ethyl Paraben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Proplyparaben, Butylparaben, Calcium Chloride, Mica.

Camilla Belle wears the eyeliner beautifully.
I do a winged eye too and it really defines my eyes. Picture: http://whowhatweardaily.com/website/admin/uploads/CamillaGetTheLook.jpg

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by roxiedoran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I love the intensity of the black eyeliner and the ease of the pen when applying. This is worth the price and makes a huge difference compared to other similar liners such as Artliner from Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by coachwife6

this eyeliner rocks. It is the only one I have been able to put on with any consistency. The Chanel SA told me to put on some eye shadow powder first with my thin brush, then liner and then more powder. It looks really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by eseq

What took me so long?! This is one product that went to instant HG status which is saying a lot b/c I don't have too many HGs to begin with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this liquid liner. I have shied away from liquid liners for many years after one bad experience (I can't even remember what it was) and now I'm kicking myself. This liner applies like a dream and I can finally achieve that thin line I've always been after. The brush is very soft (but not so soft that you don't have control) and it's so easy to quickly and neatly apply the liner. I like the "click base" dispenser. I was very careful not to overclick when I first purchased it and I find I only need 1 click for both eyes if I want a subtle thin line. I will definitely buy this liner again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

This is the single greatest eyeliner I have ever encountered. Prior to this, I've been quite loyal to MAC fluidlines, believing that I wouldn't be able to manage a liquid. However, this liner is easy to use, goes and smoothly, creates a fine or thick line easily, and has an overall beautiful look. I have the navy ecriture and it looks gorgeous with my brown eyes (if I do say so myself :)). I got mine on ebay but I actually think this high priced item is worth every penny. This is easily an HG for me and I imagine that will be true for many years to come.
For additional info, the liquid is held in a cartridge and is released by twisting the bottom. The applicator is essentially a brush but not like any I've seen before in a liquid liner (more like an actual brush). If your thinking about this, go for it. Its wonderful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a review/comparison. I purchased my first tube of this liner from Chanel in October at the Saks in Boca Raton and I loved it. It lasted a long time and it was only a couple of months ago that I noticed the pen was dried out and I needed another. On a whim, I purchased MAC's fluidline in June '07 and I liked the color payoff (see review) but it smudged onto my upper lid, causing raccoon eyes. I like the rich dark color of the MAC Fluidline but the Chanel liner can go on a bit sheer yet you can layer it for a darker look without much risk of flaking and buildup. The application process is faster with this pen type applicator while MAC's fluidline requires a brush. I do not have time to painstakingly apply a liner with a brush. I am no makeup expert so the pen is way more convenient and more precise. No constant dipping of a brush into a gel pot. I purchased a second Chanel liquid liner yesterday and I am loving it even more than the first time around. No, and I mean absolutely no raccoon eyes today! The application was faster and after 7 hours of wear, my winged cat eyes still look fabo. I am only taking off one lippie only due to the fact that I wish this liner was a bit darker and not as charcoal/slightly sheer. But, like I said before, this liner can be layered, albeit carefully, for a darker, more intense line. Love this!