January 31, 2015 | 1354 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I feel like one of the only people in the world who doesn't enjoy these cotton pads. They have received such raves and high ratings, but I don’t particularly enjoy using them.

I found the Shiseido cotton pads to be very soft, but way too delicate. They come apart very easily, especially when using them on an area that is not smooth (e.g. when removing eye makeup, the fibers will get caught in your eye lashes). To keep the pads from coming apart, you have to totally saturate the cotton pad, which is a waste of product.

The fibers shed a lot. They also cause the cotton pads to snag and get stuck to one another. As an example, when you go to remove one pad from the packaging, you'll often either get more than one, or tear apart the pad directly below the one you're removing…reminds me a bit of static cling that way.

They suck at removing nail polish, and will just come apart when using them on your nails.

They absorb a lot of liquid that doesn't transfer over afterwards. For example, when using it for face toner, the pad will absorb so much toner that doesn’t end up fully going onto to the skin when used, so you can end up using more product than you normally would. They are as absorbent as a cotton swab; however, cotton swabs will release a lot of product back when used. The Shiseido cotton pads won’t.

They are expensive, and really not worth it. You’ll get better results using standard cotton pads. I will not be repurchasing.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are really into toners, you need these. They leave no fuzzies and are ultra soft. Thicker than your traditional cotton pads. Feels like they might maximize the benefits of a toner. Especially if you spend a lot of money on a toner you might as well buy these. If I found a toner I loved I would buy these regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saves your products because it never sucks anything in, you use all the product you put on it. This is definitely worth the money even if it was $50, saves you so much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by optomostichypocrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these! Super soft and gentle. I can remove 10 nails worth of polish with one, ONE! Yes, they are worth the hype, yes they are pricey, yes they are AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Oh. My. Word. These are hands down the best I've ever used. Gone are the days of scratchy facial cotton pads that irritate my sensitive skin. These are no joke. I've tried different brands: cvs, walmart, walgreens, that big box of them from costco, you name it and those do not compare to this. I know it sounds ridiculous because they're just facial cotton to remove make up, but they are super soft. I even got my mom and others hooked on them. They're a thick good sized square that you can use front and back. They don't leave any fuzzy cotton residue or start breaking apart like others I've used. I only use these for my face and to remove eye make up. I wouldn't use these for nails just because the price. They're not crazy expensive but I'm used to spending a couple bucks on a generic brand of cotton pads. Definitely give these a try. I purchase two bags of these at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Never in a million years would I have consider forking over $10 for cotton pads, but the MUA bug has laid it's eggs in my brain and causes me to do crazy things...

So, anyway, I really do enjoy these. I was previously using the generic $3 cotton rounds or squares at Walmart/Target and hated how they fell apart after using them to take my polish off, apply toner or remove my eye makeup.

The Shiseido cotton pads do not fall apart - ever. They are so thick and luxurious that they feel like little mini pillows caressing your face. They're larger than any other cotton pad I've used, so I feel like I only need to use one instead of multiples like with the other cheapy ones.

I'm forever a believer and will continue to repurchase!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I used this some 40 years ago and now back using it. A bit pricey, but I find it far superior than the drug store's cotton balls or pads. My favourite is to use this with eye make up remover to clean the entire face. Definitely no shredding, no frailing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Really do not understand why this product has such a high ratinggg....I've used it many times during different course of my life hoping i can see the miracle, but it just simply not for me. It only works well if i put alot and alot of liquid stuffs on it so that it will stay the way it is which means i need to use a lot of extra in order to use this....I tried it as eye makeup remover pad, toner pad, nails polish removal pads....all leaves traces of cottons over everywhere....The spider web liked shreds get in between my lashes, my cuticles and my faceeee....!! it's just makes me so maddddd for the price it issssss......!! I' m done with this and will never try againn... UPdate: i didn't used it probably now i can't live without it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I admittedly thought it was silly to buy fancy facial cottons but I bought these on a whim and have since replaced them for the past year.
They are AMAZING. They are so soft--sometimes the ones with closed ends are sharp. Not these ones. They are resilient. I use one to remove all of my make up--face, lips AND waterproof mascara. One! For everything! I think the fact that I only have to use one at a time makes up for some of the price. They may be 2 or 3 times as expensive, but I use 1/2 or a 1/3 as many each time. Plus, I enjoy using them. It feels wonderful and I never have irritated skin afterwards. They are a HG, albeit a little ridiculous. I love them.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by celinedjohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SOOOO SOFT. it removes my make up gently, especially around the eyes. I love it and will keep repurchasing it.