December 18, 2014 | 931 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is not so bad but I wouldn't buy it again. The color is nice but it's not too different from Wet n Wild's Bare it all and being that the WNW is only $2 and matte I will stick to my bare it all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got Blankety as a Back to Mac, so am not as disappointed in this color as I might otherwise be. I would definitely recommend trying it on first LOL! In the tube it looks like nudes I usually wear, but when it's on my lips I look a little corpse-like. Definitely going to try layering lip gloss on top like others have recommended. I love the consistency and shine, but need more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by agfazzone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to everyday lipstick! I have very very red-pink toned lips as it is, and I was looking for something to mute them way down. I tried Creme d'nude, and that was too light and close to my skin color. Blankety is perfect! It's a very muted brown/mauve pink. Sometimes in photos with flash it looks a bit coral/orange but that may be my natural lip color showing through. It looks great with many different eye looks. I usually do a mulch/brun or a satin taupe/brun/carbon smokeyish eye and blankety looks great with both. It kind of reflects whatever color I am wearing, too. It looks more pink when I wear pink, more warm when I wear warm colors etc.
My skin is pretty light and I've been told my skin is a mix of warm and cool tones. I tan a golden-brown (think toasted marshmallow) in the summer.

This lipstick stays on decently well especially if I use prep and prime underneath and clear lipgloss on top. I will definitely buy again!

my photo is in the gallery; I am the one in the grey shirt with brown wavy hair=)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick its my all time fav nude!! The lasting power is good:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is the exact color I have been looking for. It definitely has a pinky undertone on my cool-ish olive skin (is olive cool? warm? I have undertone issues), which makes it more flattering and less...dead looking. However, because it's an Amplified it's extremely opaque and blends right into my face, which is not a good look for me :( Keep this in mind, ladies. I've been wearing it sheered out but it's not an ideal sitch. Finding perfect nude lipstick is tough, ugh #callmewhenyouhaverealproblems

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

Great nude color for me, nc37. It is an amplified finish which I love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had given up on finding a mac nude lipstick that i loved until now that is. Blankety is a soft nude with pink undertones. This color looks vastly different inside then outside. Inside I would have said it had beige undertones and that it was a true nude however outside, on my skin at least it is a very pinky brown. I absolutely love this color, it glides on so smoothly and coats the lips in an opaque color. Lasting power however is not its strong point, it lasted about an hour on my lips and that was with no eating or drinking, but since i carry it around with me I have no problem about reapplying. If you have cool undertones then this may be a nude you love. I am very fair with very pinky cool undertones and this nude does not make me look dead or like i have concealer on my lips

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Blankety is pretty understated...it's not an in-your-face kind of lipstick at all, which makes it great for wearing at work or when you want something that's subtle and just completes your look. On my skin tone it appears as a slight pink-mauve toned colour. It's not too dark, not too light. The amplified formula is so smooth and creamy, looks great on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful nude lipcolor with cool pink undertones. My skin ranges from about NC30-NC37 with olive undertones and this color is really pretty on, complementing my cool coloring. I thought cherish from MAC was my perfect nude, but this shade definitely rivals it (Cherish has more brownie undertones). The amplified finish makes this lipstick very creamy and opaque and moisturizing. I'm so glad I swapped for it! However, I do have fairest nude from L'oreal and they're virtually identical on- swatched on the hand they look slightly different, but once applied fairest nude is an amazing dupe. The only real difference is that fairest nude is not as pigmented so you have to apply a few more times to get the same saturation of color. It's funny bc when I wore fairest nude my lesbian (very sporty, non-girly) friend commented that my lips looked great and when I wore blankety my husband (very sporty, non-girly lol) also commented that my lipstick color was very nice- these comments coming from two ppl I know have no interest in make-up assure me that this shade is good on me! ha! I'm still glad I have both shades, but if you're on a budget or already have fairest nude, then you definitely don't need blankety. However, if you are choosing between the two, I'd go for blankety bc I feel you end up using fairest nude more quickly since you need to apply more to get the same pay-off- you end up spending about the same when you really do the math. I'll definitely be repurchasing blankety.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by NeryLoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC 25 and have been looking for the best nude lipstick that wouldn't make me look ill or like i had white lips, so after trying out many this was the one that was the perfect nude for my skin tone, definitely the only nude I will ever need. Very happy indeed :)!