October 25, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The MAC SA talked me into this color and after telling her that I gravitate towards pinks/nudes/mauves she suggested I step out of the box. It sounded great in the store and when I got in my car and looked in the mirror I was prepared to go right back and return it. I fought the return impulse and decided to wear it a few days in a row so I could get used to the color and i'm glad I did. Ends up I love this color and agree with another reviewer in that this is not an over the top bright pastel. It's a pinky purple (that matches NYX's purple rain lip liner perfectly) that is kind of subtle compared to Candy Yum Yum. I pair it with a simple eye and lightly flushed cheek (for reference NC30-NC35, black hair, brown eyes) and I love the way it looks. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a brighter spring/summer lip without the color being over the top bright!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by elena6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick on impulse and in the end I absolutely loved it! It is an amazing purple-pink vivid lipstick that looks perfect on brunettes with pale skin I think! However, it is more suitable to winter season. I wouldn't wear it in the summerime...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Loubox04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I think this is a very versatile colour. Comes out a different colour on than the packet but its still nice! My friend uses this, I borrowed it and we cant believe how different it looks on both of us. It seems to go with different skin and hair tones. Loved it so much went out and got my own and I use it all the time! I find it changes any outfit and I can wear it in the daytime or for a night out if applied thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a lot of hype surrounding this lipstick, and all for good reasons. I find that it's very versatile. On me, applied full force, it looks like straight up vivid purple. When blotted, the pink tones really come out and it looks like a bright mauvey color. For work, I use a very light touch for a soft plummy pink look. Formula-wise, it's very creamy, comfortable, and long-wearing. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of mac's most popular lipsticks, and I understand why. It's a "grape" colour. Very flattering on my skintone. But the only problem I have is that I don't really have clothes to match this... I know that's really weird but I don't find an outfit to wear this one with... so it just sits there in my lipstick collection waiting for the right occasion :( very sad.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this is a B2M last yr or so & although I'm not typically a l/s girl(unless its purple) I'm starting to like this color more. It's very pretty on woc & wasn't drying. Too bad my lil diva kinda broke it,so a bit hard to apply. But oh well its still pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would characterize "Up the Amp" as a gutsy pastel. It's a vibrant lavender, with just enough rich blue-pink warmth to make it quite flattering on my cool skintone. I've seen it looking fantastic on darker skintones as well. The amplified creme formula has a rich color payoff, and the longevity for me is about 4 hours if I've been careful while drinking coffee, etc. Even after the freshly applied, creamy application has worn away, the lips are left with lots of color. Really very nice. As another reviewer said, try this shade if you're looking for something just a little off the beaten path of Barbie or candy pinks.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by xoxomia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is simply amazing. I was scared to try a purple lipstick but this is very wearable! Depending on what you layer it with the color changes! I like wearing it alone during the summer my favorite combo right now is Up The Amp with Currant lipliner for an ombré effect. It looks so good! This lipstick is a must try if you are trying to step out of the nude/pink comfort zone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous purply shade which can be applied normally for everyday wear (I wear it to work) or more thickly for a more stand-out effect. Either way its a lovely colour and a lovely formula which lasts well but still feels soft and creamy. Another great lippy from mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lavender/violet shade. Its incredibly wearable- somehow it manages to come off very natural which is strange for this type of shade I know!. Other than a few of my neutral browns by MAC, Up the Amp is the only MAC lippie I have ever used all the way up (or down lol). Its an uber creamy formula as its of the Amplified Creme line (my fave) and doesn't call for much retouching throughout hours of wear. Although lavenders are a sort of trend right now, this one is going to be a staple for me long term- provided it doesn't get discontinued!