December 21, 2014 | 1604 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use unpasteurized (eco) honey as a cleanser, in the morning and evening.

Cleanses the skin well. My face feels very clean afterwards.
Smells good and feel supergood on the skin.
Doesn't dry up the skin as regular cleansers do, my face is moist afterwards.
It healed my skin from the acne caused by the OCM method.
I hardly get any pimples any longer, even during my period.
Can be used as a face mask.
Cheap.
You can buy it at your local grocery store.
Works better than regular honey.
My HG product.

None.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Skeptigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face has lots of blackheads and milia. I've been breaking out a little worse since menopause. My skin is not super oily, but I cannot use any type of moisturizer or I break out. Honey is a humectrant, but I talked myself into trying it anyway. I've used honey a little bit in scrubs or when I have a sunburn. Last night, I mixed some honey with rosemary tea and some oat flour. I left it on for an hour or two, then washed it all off. I usually use a mix of glycolic and salicylic acids with some tea tree oil at night, but I wanted to see what just the honey did. My skin looked and felt amazing, the large pores seemed smaller and cleaner. However, as the day went on my face became oilier than usual. I washed with gentle cleanser a few times. By afternoon the blackheads were back and swollen and a lot of the whiteheads were larger and deeper. If I tried to evacuate a blackhead oil oozed out, whoops. I normally have few actual pimples. My face felt like I was getting cystic acne. I used an oat and salicyclic acid and tea mask to calm my skin and cut oil production. It's been hours and the bumps have gone down, but it does not look great. I put on my normal acid/tea tree mix; after it dried I dusted my skin with oat flour to soak up excess oil. I should have done a spot test with pure honey. I would caution anyone who can't use oils or glycerin to be cautious. My face will heal quickly unless I pick at it. I'm not tempted because of the slight swelling it won't work.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a natural product that would be kind to my acne prone skin. I tried the OCM about a year and a half ago and had terrible results. I was very excited to give raw honey a try. I first started it, since I had been having a major breakout in my T-zone area. The first couple of a days, I was in love with it. It seemed to be drying up and bringing everything to a head. It has done an alright job of clearing up my initial breakout. However, after a little over a week of using it everyday, I have decided to stop. My skin has been breaking out in painful red bumps where it does not usually break out. I am not sure if I am having a bad reaction or if this is the so called purging stage. I would love to continue using this but am afraid my skin will only continue to get worse. If you experienced purging with raw honey that eventurally cleared up for the better, I would love to hear from you. Really wish this would have worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I'd have taken before and after pictures to remind myself how well this has worked!! This is literally the most effective product I have used for acne that has continued to work for three weeks. My skin is far from perfect but this has reduced the amount of spots I get, pretty much stopped the huge acne I used to get and clears up any spots I do get within a couple of days when before, I would have stubborn ones that lasted weeks! I've been using clear honey for three weeks which has worked well but now I've switched to raw organic honey that is thicker in consistency and smells better (my boyfriend hated the smell!) and the results are a lot quicker and I've noticed its brought deep down dirt to the surface. I use it after washing my face with a simple cleanser, morning and night, and leave it on for as long as possible because the results are better. At night I just wash the honey off and go to bed but in the morning I use a bit of jojoba to moisturise. Still not sure whether I should tone my skin after though :/ I scrub now and again with Lush ocean salt or baking soda.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by manximoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Big mistake - 2 months of trying this out (I really wanted to give this a chance) and all I got was much much WORSE acne then before.

My skin is not too sensitive that I know of so it wasn't the problem of redness rather it was the problem of clogged pores :(

Maybe my skin clogs easier than others (most sunscreens clog my skin, and some makeup brands) so if that's true with you too maybe you should try on a small patch of skin on your face first rather than your entire face.

One thing positive lol it did bleach my skin which I wanted because my face was more tanned than the rest of my body but not worth the experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by 1AsH22

Honey improved the quality of my skin while I was using it. I love it's naturally antiseptic quality. Honey naturally contains peroxide, which is an ingredient often used in products to lighten hair. When I used this on my face, I often mixed it with sugar for exfoliation. After gently rubbing it in, I left it on my face for probably an hour max. Really great results. My skin literally glowed. I believe the exfoliation and peroxide really do wonders to freshen up your face. I give this 4 stars because I began using this for acne. This did not cure my acne but probably helped. It can be messy. HONEY TIP: if your bottle of honey caramelizes (becomes thick, clumpy, sugary) it is still GOOD and PERFECT for skin exfoliation. It may be harder to squeeze out, but it hasn't gone bad, honey's antiseptic quality prevents it from spoiling easily. I haven't used it in a couple years but I think I'll go back to it. I think honey is somewhat pricey but it can be more effective and versatile than say a lotion which may cost the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by indilay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

About 3-4 weeks ago I experienced the worst breakout of my life. Of course, it was right before my camping vacation when I wanted to be clear and makeup free. Ugh. It was SO bad. Cysts on my chin, pustules on my cheeks. The whole time I was camping, I was bummed that my skin looked SO BAD. When I got home, I researched natural skin care products. Whenever I use ANYTHING with chemicals my skin goes bonkers.

I was looking up reviews for natural skin care and read about Lerosett and was about to purchase that when I came across some reviews for honey. I thought that I would try honey first because sulphur realllly dries out my skin. I used the regular "bear honey" for the first two days, but wasn't seeing any change in my skin at all. So I bought some pure, raw, organic honey and started twice a day with honey masks for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on how much time I had. My acne was definitely coming to the surface. At first, I wasn't sure if the honey was making my skin worse or if it was just purging. But, I know this is the norm when switching skin care products so I did not give up!

I also read about using apple cider vinegar so I started doing an ACV toner after my face mask and that immediately helped reduce the size of some pimples. Like IMMEDIATELY. It's amazing (will have to review that next)! I use 50% Bragg's ACV with 50% filtered water and a couple drops of tea tree and lavender oil to try to cut through the smell of the vinegar. I use it at night on a cotton round to help take off any honey and makeup residue and I use it in a spray bottle in the morning to mist my face after I wash it with honey (I sometimes just use it as a wash, not as a mask in the morning). I also moisturize with a couple drops of jojoba oil, aloe, or my Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer, depending on how dry/flakey or oily my skin is looking that day. I think I like the aloe the best though.

My skin has improved DRASTICALLY. I got one small pimple yesterday on my chin that has already gotten flat from doing my honey and ACV regimen. Other than that, the rest of my skin is clear, it's just healing. I have a lot of scabs/scars from my previous breakout, but they are all flat and luckily easy to cover with makeup.

I will say that I do think my EDM foundation was breaking me out. Which sucks because I LOVED it and have been using it for 5+ years! I switched to Mineral Fusion, but since their shades are too dark for my skin, I mixed it with some Alima Foundation I had that was pretty light. It's an awesome combination. The foundations on their own are not perfect, but mixing them together makes it close to perfect!

The skin care I was previously using was Aveda Outer Peace. I'm not sure if that's what caused my acne or if it was my makeup. But, I stopped using both. I do SOMETIMES use the Outer Peace face wash at night to help remove makeup. But rarely.

I hope that this helps some of you with your acne. I was skeptical it would be as great as all the reviews say, but hopeful because I do have good luck with natural products. It's a cheap alternative to trying out all those pricey skin care lines that help at first and then stop working. Give it a shot!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

You cannot go wrong with Manuka UMF 15+ Honey. Unless if you are allergic to bumble bees. My dull skin morphs into a youthful plump baby skin after 3 nights of 30minute Manuka UMF15+ Honey mask. You have got to try it if you are fanatic of skin healing and rejuvenation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think if your not getting good results from using this as a moisturizing mask your not using this properly. First off any old honey will do! Mix 2 tbs honey with 2 tbs water and stir, next add 6 more tbs of water, mix. use as a moisture mask for 10-15 min, rinse, voila

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

Last night was my first use of a raw honey mask (along with pure aloe vera gel). I have oily sensitive acne prone skin and am currently having one of my worst breakouts of all time on my chin while the rest of my skin has large pores, hyperpigmentation, black heads, scarring, redness etc. I can already tell honey is going to do great things to my skin. Where I don't have breakouts, the redness has already reduced, along with some wrinkles on my forehead and scarring. My skin just looks better. As for the acne on my chin, the honey brought the pimples to a head but they don't really look better or worse. I popped them (I know it's bad but they hurt if I don't!) and I'm going to continue using the mask as I've heard it brings them to a head as it brings out the toxins.

**UPDATE**
My skin has improved sososo much! I really can't believe it. I've been using this regimen alone for 10 days and also use evoo as a moisturizer at night. Granted I do still have acne but much less, the organic honey and pure aloe has improved my skin tone, texture, and all over look. What used to bed red, angry, embarrassing skin has normalized! I don't even wear foundation anymore because it really just looks so much better. It does heal some pimples overnight in some cases though the type of pimple has something to do with this (usually painful putsules.) I've found using honey alone dries out my skin and irritates it since I have incredible sensitive skin and it is quite grainy, but when paired with aloe gel can make my face look incredible after using it as a mask for an hour or so. They really work well together and these bad boys cost me less than 15 dollars together. DEFINITELY worth a shot, just try it and keep it up for a few weeks as there is a "purging" stage where it will get worse and then get better! I will be back for another update as I keep using this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No