Alba Botanica Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

4.3

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, capric/caprylic triglyceride, zea mays (corn) cob meal, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, carthamus tinctorium (safflower) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), polysorbate 60, stearyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sodium carbomer, sorbitol, sodium PCA, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), dimethicone, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf and chamomilla recutita flower extracts, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 11/6/2007 1:20:00 PM

I use this once a week in conjunction with the sea lettuce cleansing milk, and I love it. It is gentle yet I feel after I've washed my face with it that the flakes are gone and my skin is much smoother. The scent is also nice, but it is quite strong so it may not appeal to everyone. It is the same scent in Alba's entire marine line. The tube is small, but it lasts forever if you only use it once a week. I will continue to repurchase this.

This scrub was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I'm using the rest as a body scrub. It seems to work pretty well, so I think it would be fine for those without sensitive skin.

on 8/26/2007 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've only recently started using this product but I'm very impressed.
I thought I'd regret using something so grainy, but I think scrubbing very gently is key. I scrub in small circles all over my face, using my index and middle fingers. I scrub for about 3 minutes and rinse, rinse, rinse. What surprises me, is that my skin doesn't feel raw or parched afterward. And it allows the acne treatment I use to more effectively penetrate my skin. I hope it continues to work for me because so far I'm very impressed.

on 8/5/2007 6:41:00 AM

I like this scrub alot although I do find it grainier than others I've tried, but this one really works and its priced well for what it does. I will repurchase because it was helped keep my skin clean, clear, and blackhead free.

on 5/7/2007 12:37:00 AM

I have dry skin and this product has been wonderful for my skin. I use it every other day as it is a gentle scrub. I am not really fond of the scent (supposed to be a fresh scent but reminds me of an air freshener) but once I rinse it off and apply my facial serum (Avalon Vitamin C), my skin feels like a baby's bottom! Soooo smooth and has a healthy glow. Granted, some of the glow is from the scrubbing but it has improved the overall look of my skin. It is not expensive (I think I paid about 8.00 USD) and I love that is a simple, organic and gentle. I still keep my Origins Modern Friction around for a deep facial scrub but this is fantastic for regular use. UPDATE: I had to get rid of this scrub because the scent that I thought I could tolerate became just too much for me. Before I mentioned that it reminded me of an air freshener (and a cheap one at that) and that really is what it smells like to me. Not a natural smell at all but more of a fake fresh scent, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I tossed it and will look elsewhere.

on 5/3/2007 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin: combo with blackheads and occasional acne. I bought this because I was searching for a new scrub and based on the overall good rating here and because it's a natural brand, I bought it at whole foods on sale (woohoo)! I was unpleasantly surprised -- I feel like the scrubbies were really sharp and abrasive!! AND my skin did not feel clean afterwards at all, instead it left a film. I gave it one more try a week later -- nope. I think it may have caused more clogged pores on my nose.

I wish it worked for me like it apparently does for alot of people. Up for swap it goes.

on 4/12/2007 8:17:00 AM

This scrub is very good. I have combination skin, it has cleared up my dry spots without making my oily areas too oily. My face feels much softer since using this scrub. The scrubbing action is not too harsh, just perfect. The smell is light. I can now get this at my local CVS drugstore, yeahhh.

on 4/3/2007 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm in love with the whole Alba Organics skincare line! This scrub is great: it does a nice job of cleaning out pores without stripping away my skin. It's gentle, has a great mild scent, a good amount of grittiness, and doesn't leave a film on your face afterwards. I use it a few times a week before I go to bed, and follow up with the sea kelp toner....ahhhh so nice. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/2/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

a pretty good scrub for the money...but there are better scrubs out there

on 1/14/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a few days ago and decided to give it a try. In my opinion, it is OK compared to other facial scrubs I have used. It is gentle and does what it is supposed to do but I find it a little dry. I prefer Burt's Bees Peachtree Scrub.