August 22, 2014 | 1922 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week in conjunction with the sea lettuce cleansing milk, and I love it. It is gentle yet I feel after I've washed my face with it that the flakes are gone and my skin is much smoother. The scent is also nice, but it is quite strong so it may not appeal to everyone. It is the same scent in Alba's entire marine line. The tube is small, but it lasts forever if you only use it once a week. I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

This scrub was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I'm using the rest as a body scrub. It seems to work pretty well, so I think it would be fine for those without sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've only recently started using this product but I'm very impressed.
I thought I'd regret using something so grainy, but I think scrubbing very gently is key. I scrub in small circles all over my face, using my index and middle fingers. I scrub for about 3 minutes and rinse, rinse, rinse. What surprises me, is that my skin doesn't feel raw or parched afterward. And it allows the acne treatment I use to more effectively penetrate my skin. I hope it continues to work for me because so far I'm very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lizc131

I like this scrub alot although I do find it grainier than others I've tried, but this one really works and its priced well for what it does. I will repurchase because it was helped keep my skin clean, clear, and blackhead free.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and this product has been wonderful for my skin. I use it every other day as it is a gentle scrub. I am not really fond of the scent (supposed to be a fresh scent but reminds me of an air freshener) but once I rinse it off and apply my facial serum (Avalon Vitamin C), my skin feels like a baby's bottom! Soooo smooth and has a healthy glow. Granted, some of the glow is from the scrubbing but it has improved the overall look of my skin. It is not expensive (I think I paid about 8.00 USD) and I love that is a simple, organic and gentle. I still keep my Origins Modern Friction around for a deep facial scrub but this is fantastic for regular use. UPDATE: I had to get rid of this scrub because the scent that I thought I could tolerate became just too much for me. Before I mentioned that it reminded me of an air freshener (and a cheap one at that) and that really is what it smells like to me. Not a natural smell at all but more of a fake fresh scent, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I tossed it and will look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by coliveira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin: combo with blackheads and occasional acne. I bought this because I was searching for a new scrub and based on the overall good rating here and because it's a natural brand, I bought it at whole foods on sale (woohoo)! I was unpleasantly surprised -- I feel like the scrubbies were really sharp and abrasive!! AND my skin did not feel clean afterwards at all, instead it left a film. I gave it one more try a week later -- nope. I think it may have caused more clogged pores on my nose.

I wish it worked for me like it apparently does for alot of people. Up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rwhitney

This scrub is very good. I have combination skin, it has cleared up my dry spots without making my oily areas too oily. My face feels much softer since using this scrub. The scrubbing action is not too harsh, just perfect. The smell is light. I can now get this at my local CVS drugstore, yeahhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with the whole Alba Organics skincare line! This scrub is great: it does a nice job of cleaning out pores without stripping away my skin. It's gentle, has a great mild scent, a good amount of grittiness, and doesn't leave a film on your face afterwards. I use it a few times a week before I go to bed, and follow up with the sea kelp toner....ahhhh so nice. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

a pretty good scrub for the money...but there are better scrubs out there

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by evelina420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few days ago and decided to give it a try. In my opinion, it is OK compared to other facial scrubs I have used. It is gentle and does what it is supposed to do but I find it a little dry. I prefer Burt's Bees Peachtree Scrub.