April 24, 2014 | 2000 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and this product has been wonderful for my skin. I use it every other day as it is a gentle scrub. I am not really fond of the scent (supposed to be a fresh scent but reminds me of an air freshener) but once I rinse it off and apply my facial serum (Avalon Vitamin C), my skin feels like a baby's bottom! Soooo smooth and has a healthy glow. Granted, some of the glow is from the scrubbing but it has improved the overall look of my skin. It is not expensive (I think I paid about 8.00 USD) and I love that is a simple, organic and gentle. I still keep my Origins Modern Friction around for a deep facial scrub but this is fantastic for regular use. UPDATE: I had to get rid of this scrub because the scent that I thought I could tolerate became just too much for me. Before I mentioned that it reminded me of an air freshener (and a cheap one at that) and that really is what it smells like to me. Not a natural smell at all but more of a fake fresh scent, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I tossed it and will look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by coliveira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin: combo with blackheads and occasional acne. I bought this because I was searching for a new scrub and based on the overall good rating here and because it's a natural brand, I bought it at whole foods on sale (woohoo)! I was unpleasantly surprised -- I feel like the scrubbies were really sharp and abrasive!! AND my skin did not feel clean afterwards at all, instead it left a film. I gave it one more try a week later -- nope. I think it may have caused more clogged pores on my nose.

I wish it worked for me like it apparently does for alot of people. Up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rwhitney

This scrub is very good. I have combination skin, it has cleared up my dry spots without making my oily areas too oily. My face feels much softer since using this scrub. The scrubbing action is not too harsh, just perfect. The smell is light. I can now get this at my local CVS drugstore, yeahhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with the whole Alba Organics skincare line! This scrub is great: it does a nice job of cleaning out pores without stripping away my skin. It's gentle, has a great mild scent, a good amount of grittiness, and doesn't leave a film on your face afterwards. I use it a few times a week before I go to bed, and follow up with the sea kelp toner....ahhhh so nice. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

a pretty good scrub for the money...but there are better scrubs out there

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by evelina420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few days ago and decided to give it a try. In my opinion, it is OK compared to other facial scrubs I have used. It is gentle and does what it is supposed to do but I find it a little dry. I prefer Burt's Bees Peachtree Scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

loved it.
have since switched to MACS scrub, but
have fond memories of this.

didnt cause any breakouts, smelled fresh,
scrubbed off any dry spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good face scrub. I feel like it really does a great job. It makes my skin very smooth. After I use this scrub I feel like a new layer of my skin is revealed. The problem is I often find that this product leaves a SLIGHTLY greasy film on my face...so it's necessary to cleanse after using it. I also LOVE THE SMELL of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mmandecka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

awesome scrub. Pleasant smell and most of all does the job without stripping your face. For about $9.00 dollars, you can't go wrong. For the record i was using L'Occitane Olive Oil line scrub which didn't have enought "scrubbers" but have sensitive skin so was hesitant to try this. Glad i did. If you buy at wild oats or Whole foods and do not like it , you can bring it on back. Leaves your face soft and does not dry it out which is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this for a couple of years and it's made a difference for sure. i also use the Alba sea plus renewal cream -- HG. this scrub is gentle enough yet works and affordable. i just moved to UK and don't know where to get this any more. anyone?