October 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ahhnordstrom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

*This is for the liquid hand cleanser.*

My eye doctor recommends this for contact wearers, because it is "gentle". And yes, it doesn't irritate my eyes, nor my eczema-prone hands. That is wonderful, however it still has fragrance in it, which I could do without. And my goodness, it makes my hands feel like reptilian! I'm going to try Method Fragrance & Free or Dr. Bronners and will let you know how that goes. PS: I must say, the refill bottles are great, and a good deal.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA.

"This mild, liquid hand cleanser offers the trusted cleansing of Ivory in the convenience of a pump. Ivory Liqui-Gel uses the pure, Ivory-fresh formula to wash away dirt and bacteria, yet remains gentle enough even for your face. Designer pumps and an easy refill option offer beauty as well as convenience throughout your home." - From www.ivory.com

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. I had to review this after reading the latest Ivory Soap review. It brought to mind one of my worst childhood memories: My mother would literally wash my mouth out with this soap when I got cheeky or said a "naughty" word. I'm not kidding--although it didn't help much because I have a vocabulary that would put the toughest sailor to shame! I can still taste this awful soap--and what's worse--I would actually make my mother more angry by blowing bubbles out of my mouth..that is how "soapy" and strong this Ivory soap is!

As far as drying the skin--it is pretty much a tie between Ivory and Dove (which by the way my mother did NOT wash my mouth out with her beloved Dove soap!) Hmmm on second thought maybe if I buy some Ivory soap and use it on my face, it'll tighten it so much that I won't need a face lift any time in the future.

I'm amazed that Ivory soap is still around. There must be a lot of naughty kids with mothers like mine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

We used this in my home when I was a child. Apparently, as a kid, I had no idea that dry, tight skin was not something to be proud of. I used this for years without complaining. When I was able to buy soap for myself, I tried Caress and Dove. Love those! Then shower gels were introduced, and I haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by sailimu

I bought this bar soap by accident and used it only as detergient to handwash underwears. It is perfect for this purpose. Most of all, it is dirty cheap (I got 10 with 2 bucks when it was on sale). I used it as body wash after I read the reviews here and didn't like it. However, I would love to repurchase it only as detergient. And I would like to try it as dish-detergient :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

SO SO drying, always. why is this formula so awful? why!? in 2010, couldn't a powerhouse company like this afford to improve their formula? terrible

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The Ivory website has some great tips:

and when you microwave Ivory Soap it turns into a soufflé like consistency rather than melting.

This is a video with written instructions:

Ingredients
Sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, water, sodium chloride, sodium silicate, magnesium sulfate, and fragrance

It claims to be 99.4% "pure", I'm assuming "pure" means natural.

*Ivory soap is not vegan* Sodium tallowate is derived from beef fat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This can dry my skin out, however a simple lotion or moisturizer could fix that problem.

As for cleaning power, Ivory Soap cleans me off rather well.

Would I repurchase again? Yes, but in all honesty I would rather have Dove or a body wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Ivory soap is soooo drying and completely strips my skin of all moisture. However, it's good for a few things:
*exfoliating - I like that it has no moisturizing properties at all because this makes it good for exfoliating and stripping everything off of your skin(including some of your skin).
*stain removal - this soap will remove stains like no other soap. I've had white clothing that had blood stains in it for years. I used Ivory soap to get the stain out by 1)wetting the garment and scrubbing the area really well with Ivory soap 2)rinse and repeat but leave the soap to sit on the stain area for an hour or so 3)rinse and if the stain is still there than repeat the process. It worked on stains that bleach and Tide stain remover couldn't remove.

I also love the scent of this, I just wish it lasted out of the shower. But since I have to use lotion afterwards it gets overpowered by lotion smell. :-( But every once in a while I use it anyway.

I put that I would repurchase because I do repurchase occasionally, but don't use it consistantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by missstarlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The perfect basic soap. So cheap. Doesn't dry out your skin or leave a film. And it floats :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap! I use this every day in the shower. I do not, however, use this on my face (never thought to). I recently spent the weekend with my special friend and he had this in his apartment because he knew how I wash with nothing but this. Wasn't that sweet of him? The main reason why I started using nothing but Ivory in college was that it was the only soap that did not irritate that special place and still rinsed clean. I never felt like Dove rinsed clean from my skin. I do not like moisturizing things to cleanse with. Even if I use a body wash for some reason I alwasy wash that place with this. Well done, Ivory. You have a life-long follower here.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No