December 19, 2014 | 1679 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lovely08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok, wow, i hardly review products but i had to zoom in here to review this. I'm an African female with moderately dark skin tone and it's a challenge finding makeup that matches my skin tone . It's also hard to find makeup that doesn't break me out and doesn't exacerbate my oil problem. I even had to ditch foundation altogether. During the summer, i have INCREDIBLY oily skin of course and this powder which i just found is heaven sent. Not only does it control the oil but it gives my face such a smooth, beautiful finish that i have been wanting for a long time.My skin is getting better and with just a little concealer and this powder, i look so well put together. I just have to retouch a couple of times during the day because it is *hot* in texas and the powder stays consistent after every touchup. It doesn't look thick or overdone, so far so good. I use Deep Intensity 05. I think i found my first HG product!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for Sunny Bunny, because of all the bronzers I've tried (Nars, Cargo, Lorac, etc.) this one is head and shoulders above the rest. Reasonably priced at $25, this product features a generous split pan of satin suntan & rich satin bronze. I swirl both with a Nars Bronzer Brush and the end result is a perfect sun-kissed glow. The packaging is also adorable- a large compact and mirror that reads: "Why be pretty when you can be gorgeous?" I highly recommend and will continue to buy this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not as mattifying as I thought! I'm oily but not extremely so, and this powder keeps me matte for 15 minutes then I have to reapply.
The only good thing about it is that is doesn't look cakey with repeated application, but I expected more for the price...
EDIT: downgraded to 2 lippies because it does cake on, makes my face feel slimy, and under the surface it has a large hole in the middle - yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by powljbabi

I don't really like this powder. It accentuates dry patches on my cheeks and makes my face look chalky and unnatural. Although the powder is milled very finely, it doesn't make your skin look natural, even with the right shade. And the name is misleading...b/c it doesnt control my oily t-zone. Would not repurchase and do not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by CancerianPrincess

Great powder. Gives me an airbrushed look and I don't need foundation anymore. But so long as my skin stays good, I think I can go with a cheaper substitute. Nevertheless, this is an awesome powder and you get a lot in the compact. $25 for about 14g. That's almost the same value as MAC Studio Fix and this gives a much more natural finish and look to the face. Much lighter too, so it doesn't feel like a mask. It's almost an in-between of light face powder and powder foundation. The packaging is wonderful. Beautiful purple compact. Sturdy and simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ic8spots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this powder; it's the best matte powder i've found yet. actually makes my nose matte and i only need one touchup during the day when paired with prescriptives virtual matte foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my all time classic pressed powders. It was my firsthigh end pressed powder when I bought as a teen, and didn't dissapointed me at all. Perfect for sensitive oily skins, comparable to Clinique's Stay Matte it blots better and the color it's more natural, Clinique's tend to be a little grey or something liek that. Also the packaging is huge and it lasts for a long time! I say an all time classic HG from Estee Lauder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this powder a little while ago and kind of forgot about it. Then, one day I rediscovered it just sitting in my makeup drawer. I decided to dig it out and been wearing it for about 2 months now. In the morning, after I put foundation on I run a big powder brush over the powder and dust the entire face. I use Transparent and love it. It doesn't cake up and it's great at setting the makeup and for touch-ups throughout the day. For touch-ups, I just use the powder puff it comes with and it works fine. I wash them often tough. The packaging is kinda bulky. It takes up lots of room in my makeup bag, but other than that I'm pretty happy with this powder. The powder goes for $25 at a department store and I think it's very reasonable for the size and the quality. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of all the powders I've tried, I really think this one's the best so far. I only gave it 4 lippies since on dry spots it can look a bit chalky. I have combination/oily acne prone skin and this does a great job of evening my skin out and leaving it silky looking and feeling. I break out regardless of what make up I do or don't wear, but this hasn't seemed to make it worse at all. I also like that it has heavier coverage than some other powders so I can set concealer without it being an obvious blob under my powder. I will be buying this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by katymiro

It's a great product, I use Light\medium though now in summer when I get tanned it looks too bright for me.Anyway, as a mattifying powder it works good, also coverages enough, I use it alone over moisturizer