October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Lizawithaz

I recommended this to several friends who are on a budget because I know this is a well formulated moisturizer recommended by Paula B. I finally broke down and tried it and I'm glad I did. This rivals anything I've used by Estee Lauder or Clinique. It's lightweight and non greasy but at the same time it moisturizes really well. Its gentle enough that I've been able to use it to take care of the really dry skin around my eyes, and even thought it was highly moisturizing, it did not migrate into my eyes and cause any problems. It remind me exactly of the texture and finish of the Estee Lauder Hydra Complete Lotion except it's much more moisturizing. It's hard to find a good moisturizer that really moisturizes without being too light or too heavy, this is a good balance. It has lots of great water binding ingredients but it does seem to fall a little short on the antioxidants. Small complaint for such a nice, inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

Finally, a HG moisturizer! This is honestly, along with only 2 other moisturizers, that does not cause break outs, leave a greasy film behind on my skin, or irritate my skin in any way. It's very gentle yet very moisturizing. The funny thing is, I would have never tried this if it wasn't for a recomendation from my new dentist. Lol. She told me that her daughter, a few years older than I, has really bad acne and the the topical lotions and creams she uses really dry her skin out. So she suggested I use this. I'm so glad I did! I'm all stocked up under my stink as well. hah. Great stuff. No particular scent neither, though it does remind me of a very light vanilla scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by shiane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!!! I don't think I'll find anything better than this. It doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin at all and I find it really moisturizing without making my skin oily, leaving my skin very soft. It even dims my facial redness. Actually, it is so non-irritating that when I got some in my eye (and cringed expecting stinging) it didn't sting. I flushed it out just the same, but I was amazed at how gentle this really is. It even helped when I got windburn from snowboarding. Loove this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by fierybabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer is an old standby for the past few years. I've combo skin that's really prone to clogged pores - dry cheeks and an oily t-zone, and use just a dab of this on cheeks during the winter. Doesn't clog my pores and adds just a tinge of moisture to the skin. This is hard to find in stores, but I've seen this at CVS and Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by itsmecafee

This is the best facial lotion I have ever used. I have dry sensitive skin and have tried MANY different lotions and creams to help it. I've tried expensive $55 creams before and NOTHING compares to this lotion. Not only does it moisturize my skin, but it absorbs so quickly and leaves my skin smooth and soft, making it a good moisturizer to use before applying makeup. It also has not caused me to break out since my skin can be acne prone. I've been using this lotion for awhile and cannot even think of switching to something else. It is simply the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this once before a few years ago, only during the summer, so I had no idea what it was like to use in the winter for my skin. I found it perfect in the summer and believe it or not, I find it perfect for winter too. I agree with the user below, they most definatly HAVE thickened it, because it WAS a lotion then, now its just a cream in a squeeze tube. Regardless, it works for me. My skin is normal-dry but sensitive to fragrances and I've tried everthing from Lancome, Estee Lauder, Vichy, Marcelle to Lise Watier and this is the only thing that seems to make my skin happy. I'll stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Day Lotion when it came out a couple of years ago. At that time, the lotion wasn't quite moisturizing enough for my skin. I much preferred the Night Cream which has since been discontinued. I just recently purchased a new bottle of the Day Lotion and I think the formula has changed. It seems a bit thicker and more moisturizing. I have Type I rosacea with only a very occasional hormone-related breakout. The Dove Sensitive Essentials line has been a blessing for me. The products don't irritate my skin, don't cause breakouts, moisturize w/o being greasy, and are such an economical purchase. I know that I am supposed to wear sunscreen or moisturizersf with sunscreen but I chose not too. I haven't found a sunscreen yet that does not irritate my skin. If I'm going to be outside, I will use SS. But for going to work and lounging around the house, the Dove is just fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite daytime drugstore moisturizer that I've been using for months now. It hydrates and soothes my skin as well as working well under makeup. This seems way better to me than any other drugstore moisturizer and I do have dry, breakout prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

This is a good, basic moisturizer that I just recently discovered after I ran out of my Korres Wild Rose. It is still hot and humid here in the midwest and I have to be careful not to put anything too greasy under my makeup or my face will melt in few hours. This is quite nice! It has a great texture and even though I still avoid applying it to the t-zone area, it works well on my cheeks-- keeps them smooth adn supple, and no breakouts so far. Also, I know that this is marketed as a day cream, but I see no reason why this can't be used at night. EDIT: Unfortunatly, I've been breaking out slightly on my right cheek lately and I'm suspecting that this might be the culprit. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

St. Ives Oil Free Hypo Allergenic Facial Lotion, the lotion I have been using for a few years now has been discontinued and is no longer sold in stores. I needed something new and so figured I'd try Dove since that is a brand I tend to trust. Got the Sensitive skin day lotion and got to say don't like it at all.
    I have very dry skin and this stuff is not moisturizing enough and does not absorb well. My old lotion would glide on, dry within a minute and my skin would feel soft. The Dove lotion leaves my skin feeling wet and I guess dewey which is not a feeling I want to have and makes applying makeup afterwards impossible. My skin is so dry that foundation does not absorb into my skin well w/o a coat or 2 of lotion put on 1st so this is a problem.
    It really doesn't ever dry, an hour later, 2, your skin still feels a bit icky and it makes me feel like I am putting on a coat of wax or something and not moisturizing lotion.
    I gave this product 2 and not 1 star b/c I didn't have a reaction which was nice and the smell was non existant.