November 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried Russian Red it was in the early nineties, and it was famous for being Madonna's red. I hated it then, I thought it was extremely orange and I avoided it for over 20 years. In those days, I think my idea of a red lip was I would now call burgundy.

What a mistake I made by staying away. The red lipstick I had been searching for all this time was right under my nose. It is my platonic ideal. (Ruby Woo too blue for me now.) My coloring changed, or my tastes or maybe my color vision but this is exactly perfect now.

Matte, but not so dry it drags. It applies easily and has a velvety finish.
MAC lipsticks smell...awesome. I love that vanila new car scent.
The price is right.
Packaging is good.

So this is love...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Your perfect Hollywood glamour matte red lipstick. I am in love with both the shade and the finish, and it works well with MAC's Brick lipliner! I cannot express how much I love this red lipstick, as it does not come out pink like most red lipsticks I had tried previously. Stays on my lips all night, and is perfect if you'd like to achieve an elegant red carpet look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think red lipsticks are VERY tricky. I'm NC 30-35. When I put this on I felt like I looked like a clown, made me look aged (I'm 27), and made my teeth look yellowish(I even use crest white strips fairly regularly) When I put this on my mom, she looked like a FLIPPIN' movie star!! and she has slightly darker skin then me. Who knows, doesn't work for me though. It's now my mom's..... but I completly get why it's so popular

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a red lipstick kick and wanted to find one from Mac. I have a cool complexion so knew I needed a blue toned red. The Russian Red is certainly that. Because it is a matte, you'll want to put a lip balm underneath it. I wore it the other morning after treating my lips and it felt good all morning. When I reapplied it later in the day without the lip balm, my lips felt very dry. Note to self, keep a lip balm in the makeup bag! I wore it with a nyx lip pencil too so that could have exacerbated the dry feeling. Love this shade though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this lippie. I got it was eager to wear it and when I applied it, it looked orange to me. I thought it was the lighting, but when I applied it in another setting, it still looked orange. I've tried it with cherry lip liner, currant lip liner, and brick lip liner and it's still orangey looking. My complexion is NW 43. So I will not buy this again, because I wanted a red not an orange.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After i wore Ruby Woo for a while i saw Russian Red. Its a deeper blue red. I absolutely love this shade. I switch off between the too. I go out with my bf and have drinks and theres no transfer! Best part i rarely have to reapply. I have drier lips so i have to make sure i exfoliate before wearing it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mckaylak

Russian Red is the perfect "true red" lipstick. It isn't too dark, or too light and has a matte finish for the pin up girl look. The one draw back to this lipstick is it is slightly drying (as with most matte lipsticks) but it's nothing that lip balm can't solve. It looks great with my fair complexion but also looks good on other skin tones. I wear this lipstick in the daytime and at night and I always get compliments. It lasts a very long time and usually requires one touch up per day, if that. I will definitely repurchase this lipstick when I run out as it is my most worn red lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rainbowhorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only bought this because I was at the mac counter looking for a red lip and both "Riri Woo" and "Ruby Woo" were out of stock (ahhhhh- I know) the sale girl was super nice and accomodating and pulled out "russian red" admittedly I never heard of it but it was pretty enough when she put it on me. The liner she use was cherry if anyone wants to know. She also did a bold liner look on me and I liked that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Nandapushkar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best lipsticks I have ever tried on is from MAC .i am in love with their lipsticks actually .and this gives the perfect red classy touch for your lips.as well as long wear ...it won't take off easily .and doesn't need a lipstick brush to apply it..gives the perfect pout ..I recommend mac lipsticks for every skin tone since they have a nice collection of different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Jillhomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Presenting to you my first ever mac lipstick-Russian Red.😍Two words...perfect red! This color is classic and elegant. Not too bright, not too dark for a classic Marilyn Monroe look. It is gorgeous on fair skinned but will definitely look good on any skin tone. It has a matte finish and glides on smoothly compared to the retro matte formula of ruby woo. It doesn't come off easily. In general, this is the loveliest red from mac and will forever be my favorite!