MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 8/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for a wedding and never wear it again. I feel I could only wear this If I'm going to a big important classy event. I don't feel comfortable when I wear this. I much prefer lady danger which gives a more modern ang original look. I am giving this to my sister!

edit: I was on MAC website shopping for another lipstick and Russian red is describe as a intense BLUISH-RED! That is why it is not flatering on me! haha!

on 8/11/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

When I first bought this, I didn't really like it but it definitely had grown on me. The color is highly pigmented and intense, as well as extremely long-wearing. On my fair, cool-toned skin it shows up as a bright, vintage incarnadine tone. The matte finish isn't too drying if you wear it over a balm (I use EOS). TIP: wear this with Rimmel's Red Diva lipliner, it's a perfect shade match and the retractable packaging makes it better than MAC's Cherry pencil for me.

on 8/5/2014 5:17:00 PM

This is a great lipstick, and I find this to suit me even though my complexion is warm. Maybe I'm a neutral, I don't know! But this will last hours, but put lip balm on before applying this!

on 7/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Russian Red... I have a few friends who swear by this shade and rock it so well, that I thought it'd be universally wearable. Wellllll not so much for my warm complexion. It is not so flattering on me in some lights. It's a bit too blue for my complexion, but I will say that it lasts ALL day and night. I found this particular matte lipstick to be very drying, compared to the other ones in this finish. It could just be my tube though. If you have a pale, cool complexion, then I fully recommend it. However, for the warm girls, I discovered that Lady Danger is a terrific alternative that we can rock confidently. I gave my Russian Red to my mom and it suits her way better.

on 7/25/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the shade of this lipstick, but I was a little disappointed on how long it lasted. If I paid for a MAC lipstick, I want it to last. If I'm sipping on a drink on a night out, it's gone within a few hours.

on 7/13/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite red lipstick! It is the prettiest red and even as a matte, won't dry out your lips. It lasts sooo long so I don't need to reapply for hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This lipstick is excellent! The colour is lovely, and it is easier to apply than ruby woo and there is more moisture on your lips! Lovely mate finish, I highly recommend!

My all time favourite red lippy. Very pigmented, glides on smoothly, classic matte finish.
My only complaint about this product is that because it is a matte lipstick, it can be drying over time. I'm a flight attendant so under normal work conditions/hours, it will dry out my lips and make it look unattractrively flakey, so I tend to not wear this lipstick for work. But for a night out, it's definitely my one-and-only!

on 7/3/2014 8:02:00 AM

I'm not as crazy over this lipstick as I am over Ruby Woo. I'm still trying to figure out if its too bright for me or not but I will give it another chance.

on 6/22/2014 5:27:00 PM

The ULTIMATE bluish red. This was Madonna's go-to shade on the Blonde Ambition tour of 1990 (google image search for the Gaultier-amazingness of it all). This lippie ain't playing around - you'll need to moisturise your lips beforehand. It looks great on pale skin and makes teeth look whiter.

Popular Lipsticks