MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 8/28/2014 5:41:00 AM

I like it, it's a pretty matte red and it's long lasting. The issue is, you cannot wear this casually without feeling uncomfortable. It's almost too classy. On the plus side I do not go out too much where I have to be dressed up so the tube will last me a long time. I've had it for two years and it's barely half way gone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this lipstick,is a really true red,not light and too dry like Ruby Woo! the only problems i have with it are that looks lighter on pics i take and is better to apply using a lip pencil first,and the price of mac products here in Brazil are too expensive.

on 8/24/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

in LOVE with this product! I have an indian skin tone so i was worried that a bright red lippy wouldnt work with my skin, but this does!
But since it's matte, make sure that your lips are moisturised otherwise it could make your chapped lips look more chapped.
Staying power is good, but you obviously have to reapply.

on 8/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for a wedding and never wear it again. I feel I could only wear this If I'm going to a big important classy event. I don't feel comfortable when I wear this. I much prefer lady danger which gives a more modern ang original look. I am giving this to my sister!

edit: I was on MAC website shopping for another lipstick and Russian red is describe as a intense BLUISH-RED! That is why it is not flatering on me! haha!

on 8/11/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

When I first bought this, I didn't really like it but it definitely had grown on me. The color is highly pigmented and intense, as well as extremely long-wearing. On my fair, cool-toned skin it shows up as a bright, vintage incarnadine tone. The matte finish isn't too drying if you wear it over a balm (I use EOS). TIP: wear this with Rimmel's Red Diva lipliner, it's a perfect shade match and the retractable packaging makes it better than MAC's Cherry pencil for me.

on 8/5/2014 5:17:00 PM

This is a great lipstick, and I find this to suit me even though my complexion is warm. Maybe I'm a neutral, I don't know! But this will last hours, but put lip balm on before applying this!

on 7/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Russian Red... I have a few friends who swear by this shade and rock it so well, that I thought it'd be universally wearable. Wellllll not so much for my warm complexion. It is not so flattering on me in some lights. It's a bit too blue for my complexion, but I will say that it lasts ALL day and night. I found this particular matte lipstick to be very drying, compared to the other ones in this finish. It could just be my tube though. If you have a pale, cool complexion, then I fully recommend it. However, for the warm girls, I discovered that Lady Danger is a terrific alternative that we can rock confidently. I gave my Russian Red to my mom and it suits her way better.

on 7/25/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the shade of this lipstick, but I was a little disappointed on how long it lasted. If I paid for a MAC lipstick, I want it to last. If I'm sipping on a drink on a night out, it's gone within a few hours.

on 7/13/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite red lipstick! It is the prettiest red and even as a matte, won't dry out your lips. It lasts sooo long so I don't need to reapply for hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This lipstick is excellent! The colour is lovely, and it is easier to apply than ruby woo and there is more moisture on your lips! Lovely mate finish, I highly recommend!

Popular Lipsticks