MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 9/10/2014 10:30:00 AM

This is my go-to lipstick for everyday. I love a matte lip on a woman of a "certain age" (that would be me) - too much shine looks tacky. Russian Red looks good on all skin tones (not too orangey) and lasts, even through dinner. When I want a little blue in my red, I wear MAC's, matte Ruby Woo. I usually have both in my make-up bag.

on 9/10/2014 4:45:00 AM

Looks good on every complexion and it's matte, doesn't smear everywhere. I love it!

on 9/9/2014 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this at the counter and fell in love with it instantly. A Classic Red. A red that everyone should own. Imagine wearing a little black dress or White shirt with jean and wearing this lipstick. I mean, wow. I tried this on my hand and it lasted even when I use my Body Shop cleanser to remove it. Probably need a makeup remover.

on 9/8/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It will always be my favorite lipstick color! It is just to die for!

The only but I have, it is as to the amount of times I have to reapply it. I already tried every single trick in the book to make it last longer, and it doesn't work.

Perfect in every single way!
this lipstick is no doubt my favorite one in the world

the texture is creamy, the color is a beautiful mat darkish red and the packaging is sleek and chic!

i would buy this product so many times AGAIN AND AGAIN until i get bored of it (which is never going to happen)

MAC once again did an amazing job.... THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING LIPSTICK

on 8/28/2014 5:41:00 AM

I like it, it's a pretty matte red and it's long lasting. The issue is, you cannot wear this casually without feeling uncomfortable. It's almost too classy. On the plus side I do not go out too much where I have to be dressed up so the tube will last me a long time. I've had it for two years and it's barely half way gone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this lipstick,is a really true red,not light and too dry like Ruby Woo! the only problems i have with it are that looks lighter on pics i take and is better to apply using a lip pencil first,and the price of mac products here in Brazil are too expensive.

on 8/24/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

in LOVE with this product! I have an indian skin tone so i was worried that a bright red lippy wouldnt work with my skin, but this does!
But since it's matte, make sure that your lips are moisturised otherwise it could make your chapped lips look more chapped.
Staying power is good, but you obviously have to reapply.

on 8/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for a wedding and never wear it again. I feel I could only wear this If I'm going to a big important classy event. I don't feel comfortable when I wear this. I much prefer lady danger which gives a more modern ang original look. I am giving this to my sister!

edit: I was on MAC website shopping for another lipstick and Russian red is describe as a intense BLUISH-RED! That is why it is not flatering on me! haha!

on 8/11/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

When I first bought this, I didn't really like it but it definitely had grown on me. The color is highly pigmented and intense, as well as extremely long-wearing. On my fair, cool-toned skin it shows up as a bright, vintage incarnadine tone. The matte finish isn't too drying if you wear it over a balm (I use EOS). TIP: wear this with Rimmel's Red Diva lipliner, it's a perfect shade match and the retractable packaging makes it better than MAC's Cherry pencil for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin